Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe its heavily used, when wood is over worked its surface wears down and smooths out and in some cases it can get a shiny look from oils coming off peoples hands and (sense its medieval-ish kinda) fancy oil burning lanterns and stuff like that. but then again the wood around the door would probably get the same effect.

Comment

• hey do you think i can have a space for my website on quakeone.com like Quake reforged?
      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• I created an home page on a friend's server, thanks to axeldominator for the hosting!

THE WEBSITE
        Last edited by inkub0; 08-26-2010, 08:00 AM.
        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Hello inkub0,

nice side and a good start; but a little dark overall to read (black background with dark font color).
          Other than that, you missed some infos. I write a PM to you about it.

Seven

Comment

• Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
            maybe its heavily used, when wood is over worked its surface wears down and smooths out and in some cases it can get a shiny look from oils coming off peoples hands and (sense its medieval-ish kinda) fancy oil burning lanterns and stuff like that. but then again the wood around the door would probably get the same effect.
            That's true, but the shiny effect on the door is too smooth to come from normal use... and in a game, textures should kinda fit together. It looks like the door has a specular map while the surrounding textures don't.

It will probably be easiest to find a new door, which is somewhat similar in style but a bit more like the other textures.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• I noticed 2 strange things:

1) jshexen2 website is down (or in italy is unreachable)
              2) in FTE water is trasparent, ok... but the lava is transparent too

and a question... what is the name for water texture in FTE? UQE needs a * before the name but FTE doesnt load anything...
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• (Sorry about my poor English)

Hi all!
                I receive link to than thread from russian forum Hexen2.clan.su
                At first i must say: respect inkub0 for his texture pack, that really amazing work, and respect those peoples who develop FTA engine.

As you read some pages ago, in the december of 2009 i was try to create similar thing and complete small compilation by rebuilding old jurastyk's jshexen2 engine and create "dirty" Hexen 2 texture pack.

And when i was see this perfect screenshots from inkub0, i think: may be in future we can combine textures from both texture packs and try bring high quality inkub0 textures to overall gamma Hexen2 original textures, which saved in my "dirty" texture pack.
                I think it may be cool in result.

And exist long tasklist for future improvements jshexen2 engine, but i sometimes very lazy, like Lebowski
                Small jsHexen2 and retex project http://hexen2retex.narod.ru/

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                  and a question... what is the name for water texture in FTE? UQE needs a * before the name but FTE doesnt load anything...
                  You can use # in filename, not *, in FTE it must work too, there be replacement in Mod_LoadHiResTexture function

Comment

• Thank you!

My work is open for collaboration. This is the spirit I put a link to the russian retexture project in my H2TP homepage. Our work is espression of different ways of thinking, both respectable
                    I liked much some models skins from that site, if it's possible i'll add the skins to my textures...

offtopic

I found that hexen2 lightmaps are exremely poor and pixelated... is it possibile for developers to "enhance" that, (or make more stable realtime lightning) ? we hope yes.

I started to create some normalmaps to test them... but i'm too idiot to configure FTE or FTE is too buggy for that

/offtopic
                    Last edited by inkub0; 08-27-2010, 07:45 AM.
                    Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• @ inkub0

I did the same thing. I saw that you implemented some bump textures in your pack,
                      so I wanted to see the effect in FTE, but failed.

Then, I re-read the post from gb (post #35):
                      Normal maps:

14:40 < gb> Spoike: where do normal maps go in FTE?
                      14:58 < Spoike> same place as diffuse maps, but with _norm on the end
                      14:58 < Spoike> note that you need gl_bump 1 set in order to actually load them
                      14:59 < Spoike> bumpmaps apply to deluxemapping and realtime lighting, you won't see them otherwise
                      15:00 < Spoike> (or _bump if its greyscale)
                      15:00 < Spoike> (and a heightmap)

I strongly suggest reporting all bugs to the FTE devs. Their IRC channel is #fte at quakenet.org. You can use the web client: QuakeNet Web IRC (qwebirc)
                      So I think, that bumps are only visible with realtime lighting enabled.
                      After I read this, I turned on realtime lighting in FTE, but it didnt work as well.

Then I thought: Maybe we need ".rtlights" to be able to see the parallax effects.
                      Unfortunately we dont have .rtlights for Hexen 2 maps.
                      We have only .lit files.

I am sure, Spike can say something about it.

@ jeank

welcome to this forum !
                      It´s great, that you came here. I already read your thread from Hexen2.clan.su (with google translation),
                      but its still difficult to understand. Replying there in Cyrillic is impossible for me

I saw your skills in coding AND design. Because you also made jshexen2 much much better.

I am excited and looking forward what the combination with you and inkub0 will bring to life.

Best wishes,
                      Seven

Comment

• For now, i cut off the normals...
                        I did a new little release, 0.72 with something changed (see in the website)

Hey, how many countryes we are representing here?

ITALY
                        GERMANY
                        RUSSIA
                        USA

I hope to enlarge this list so we can become a great worldwide community
                        Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• 2 inkub0: Yes, i was put link on your project in my pages too

So Ok, let's try reach new level of Hexen 2 image quality.
                          At first we can came to one standard scheme for texture structure (also need Spike opinion), for use or sjHexen2 or FTA in both texture packs - is ideal case.

If you agree, for first time we can simple try unite textures from both pack and leave better look ones.
                          As i saying, i am bit lazy and remake all 1500 textures was too big work for me, but you keep incredible speed, quality and productivity of retexturing, so you can reach full retexture result with Hi-res textures, but i can just combine some middle quality textures (256*256 or 512*512) and may be add some new one.
                          For now i have slow internet, but when i go home, i download your texture pack and will see textures what already done by you. May be i can take some from it for combine, if you agree.
                          For example, in my pack absent almost any Egypt textures.

Seven: Thank! And ok, we try reach something, and i hope we will finish that hard task

Comment

• As i said, my way of thinking is a bit different. My textures are often taken from real photos (CG TEXTURES website helped me very much) but often tey are completely different from the original. Hexen2 was designed with 64x64 or 128x64 pixels textures. This means that details must be big. In other words: objects in old textures are big, often too big! In example my bricks are smaller than the originals, but are more realistic in dimension.

ehm... can somebody post the direct link to the russian texture pack? I dont'understand all that ciryllic stuff
                            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Here is a link. After you klick it, jeanks page will open in italien language
                              Google Translater

The world is a real small place, isnt it

Comment

• @ Jeank
                                About Textures...
                                I need all the mtex series !!! are you developing something of that stuff?

I saw your jsHexen. It's great! in some ways better than FTE, but it cant load external JPG! i'm developing the textures in jpg for now, for space and download time reasons. I'll switch all in TGA when its's done.
                                Does your engine use the normalmaps? Did i saw real time lightning?

Can i create a pack with the models folder and put it on my site? I'll mention you and your work! Monsters are nice!

@ Spike
                                As Jeank said, is useful if the two engines can load textures in the same way, with the same foldertree. I think you must contact Jeank for that.
                                Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

Working...
                                X