This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey jeank,

Thats a neat piece of code, I've implemented it for UQE and it works like a charm.
    I was referring to the surface water warping
    http://www.jacqueskrige.com
    http://twitter.com/jacqueskrige
    http://www.facebook.com/jacqueskrige
    https://plus.google.com/112626039826785974740/

Comment

• @ Jeank

Amazing !!!!
      I'm looking at your new textures, i'll post your progress on my website
      - i saw a little graphic bug...: there is a problem in casted realtime shadows...
      i can see strange pieces of the map instead of the shadow (i cant post a screenshot because i cant find the screenshot folder XD)

Another little thing: i think that colors in jsHexen2 are too saturated, look at FTE light colors and compare them. if you agree my idea, lights are better with 25% less color...

There also be couple of new textures.
      Where?

@ Korax
      Why dont you create a "daily build" of your code? i think your 1.13 UQE is right old

i'm near to a new release...

1ST MONTH RESULTS:

1- FTE, JSHEXEN2, UQE, and HAMMER OF THYRION coders contacted, they post regularly on this thread
      2- over 70% of my texturepack done
      3- New graphic features for all of these 3 engines
      Last edited by inkub0; 09-07-2010, 09:31 AM.
      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• @ Jeank

First of all:
        Amazing optimization in loading map speed !!
        Maps load a lot faster now.

But I found one bug in your engine (it was already there in 1.17)
        "screen size":

Default is: Full View, without borders and complete HUD visible.

Now, when you change the screen size in Options to right direction and then back to left,
        the complete HUD is no longer visible. Only small HUD (digits for health armor and ammo).
        I am NOT able to get the complete HUD back in game without screen size borders.
        I have to restart engine. Then complete HUD is there again without borders.

This also happens, when you push "tab" key ("+showinfo"):
        HUD raises, so that you can see your character values, then after releasing the key,
        HUD goes down again and disappears completely.
        I am not able to get it back. I have to restart engine.

Other than that, really nice

Thank you a lot.
        Seven

@ inkub0

what do you mean with "there is a problem in casted realtime shadows..." ?
        Is there realtime lighting in Jeankīs engine ?
        I can only see normal shadows. But cannot see a probelm with it.
        Can you please discribe the problem a little more in detail ?
        After enabling a torch ? Or in wich Map / Position ?

Thank you.

Comment

• Incredible but... i created a "frankenstein hexen"
          i just put the jshexen2 executable in my FTEqw folder, where i have all my textures and so on, and i started it.

Strangely, i see a shadow under the trees, the bushes, and everything that is placed UNDER A SKY.

It seems that skyes are casting a realtime lightning, and casts shadows. The bug is that shadows are strange!!! Look at the shots:

another strange effect with water...

From this strange adventure, i had an idea for coders...

@coders
          Creating RTLIGHTS for all hexen 2 is an hard job, but we can select what light is able to cast shadows... in other words: Skies and flames will be set as "casting shadows lights", others NO. In this way we can save FPS and be not overbrighted from hundreads of lights... (light from skies mus be a bit angled)

example:

IF "light01" has the same coords of "flame"
          MAKE THAT LIGHT A REALTIME LIGHT
          else
          Make that light a normal light....
          Last edited by inkub0; 09-07-2010, 01:40 PM.
          Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
            hey jeank,

Thats a neat piece of code, I've implemented it for UQE and it works like a charm.
            I was referring to the surface water warping
            I think we better try in future use shader for water planes, with simple method - render and distort underwater brushes. Without reflections, just one pass.

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
            @ Jeank
            Amazing !!!!
            I'm looking at your new textures, i'll post your progress on my website
            - i saw a little graphic bug...: there is a problem in casted realtime shadows...
            i can see strange pieces of the map instead of the shadow (i cant post a screenshot because i cant find the screenshot folder XD)

Another little thing: i think that colors in jsHexen2 are too saturated, look at FTE light colors and compare them. if you agree my idea, lights are better with 25% less color...
            Thank you! About textures - in jsH2 v1.18 i just put some bloodshots and crosshairs, work with level textures i do later, until now i trying tune engine and prepare jsH2 for your texture pack.
            On your screenshots i see repeated window and think it is case of incorrect bloom work, but that bug not apppear in normal conditions - i give that only when cutting code for testing.

About saturation - it is full adjustable value - use overbright, brightness and bloom parameters: intensity, alpha, dark level.
            Try use lower overbright, bloom intensity and alpha values, and little rising dark level bloom give to you original Hexen 2 gamma.

I give more fun with saturated and colored game, but with sliders that very easy correct...

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            @ Jeank

First of all:
            Amazing optimization in loading map speed !!
            Maps load a lot faster now.
            For that thank to Spike and Lord Havok - i used that method from FTE and some part from FTE code taken from Darkplaces, as i understand.
            So, that respect for Spike and LH, their function with resize textures work easy and fast.
            I just implemented that faster code with texture load.

But I found one bug in your engine (it was already there in 1.17)
            "screen size"[/QUOTE]

Yes, this small bug exist, but until now i never even think about fix that bug.
            I try correct this

And for you, Seven, and for all: thank for feedback and collaboration.
            Together much better do anything
            Small jsHexen2 and retex project http://hexen2retex.narod.ru/

Comment

• Jeank what do you think about the possibility to transform (using the engine) some normal lights in realtime lights? i think it's an easy task... or not?

You are Right I deactivated Blooms and the ploblem disappeared... you have to work on it. Another Bug... sometimes, if the terrain is not planar, shadows appears to fly in air (same problem in Hammer of Thyrion, maybe you 2 coders can work togheter to reach the right solution...)
              Last edited by inkub0; 09-07-2010, 01:50 PM.
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                Jeank what do you think about the possibility to transform (using the engine) some normal lights in realtime lights? i think it's an easy task... or not?
                I think, light system is a weak place of Hexen 2, and supply realtime light is really not easy task.
                For now Spike's engine has better texture lighting, but some bugs with gameplay, and today it is a 2 major differences between engines for Hexen 2 players.
                But today i think about shadows and rt lights in last case
                If some of effect examples be easy to apply, i do it, but for now rt seems very hard for me.
                Because i better understand databases with SQL, but C# and Opengl i just learn, and very short time

You are Right I deactivated Blooms and the ploblem disappeared... you have to work on it.
                I run jsHexen on few PC, but not see that bug in game conditions...
                But i have only NVidia videocards...

Another Bug... sometimes, if the terrain is not planar, shadows appears to fly in air (same problem in Hammer of Thyrion, maybe you 2 coders can work togheter to reach the right solution...)
                Yes, it exist, but i simple redice shadow alpha and its effect not so visible

Comment

• I think darkplaces ia a great resource for us
                  lets see the sourcecode, and we'll find something interesting..

I must say it: i think that the better way is that somebody add Hexen2 compatibility to Darkplaces....... but LordHavoc is not interested in this way

@ Jeank
                  I use an ATI Radeon card...

Good Night, boys!
                  Last edited by inkub0; 09-08-2010, 01:10 AM.
                  Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• Well, I could release temporary beta test versions of the current in-development engine, but I normally don't do daily builds.
                    Once I have the bump and normal stuff done I could send you the link to the test EXE
                    I've finished tweaking the Quake2 waterwarping code and I think whats now running in UQE (the coming v1.14) will be the best it can possibly get.

I'm a friend of the HoT guys, so I'll contact them and see if they could join the discussions. UQE and HoT shared a lot of ideas and code in the past and still to this day.

Where can I download jsHexen?
                    I can't read Russian.
                    Last edited by Korax; 09-08-2010, 03:27 AM.
                    http://www.jacqueskrige.com
                    http://twitter.com/jacqueskrige
                    http://www.facebook.com/jacqueskrige
                    https://plus.google.com/112626039826785974740/

Comment

• Just have a look at the links on this website. I don't speak russian either but it's very easy to figure it out.

I finished Badlands with a friend in COOP mode yesterday and it was great fun to play Hexen2 COOP again after so many years.

The only downside was that we didn't know what to do a few times. Is there a way to figure out what kind of keys you are carrying? When you pick up a key it says "You got the <whatever> key" for a second in a tiny font. But if you're not reading it because you're distracted by fighting or something you're pretty fucked and have to run around the whole world and try all doors.
                      dfsp*spirit
                      my FPS maps

Comment

• @ Korax

jshexen2 Homepage was this one: jurajstyk.host.sk/ but as Jeank said,
                        Jurajstyk is no longer reachable (doesnt answer emails).

But fortunately Jeank himself picked up the work and developed
                        jshexen2 to another level

You will find the .exe in his High Res Tex pack (Link given from Spirit).

You can always use google translate to translate russian sites to english.

Comment

• Originally posted by Korax View Post
                          Well, I could release temporary beta test versions of the current in-development engine, but I normally don't do daily builds.
                          Once I have the bump and normal stuff done I could send you the link to the test EXE
                          I've finished tweaking the Quake2 waterwarping code and I think whats now running in UQE (the coming v1.14) will be the best it can possibly get.

I'm a friend of the HoT guys, so I'll contact them and see if they could join the discussions. UQE and HoT shared a lot of ideas and code in the past and still to this day.

Where can I download jsHexen?
                          I can't read Russian.
                          That be really cool!
                          I hope you release new version soon, i remember times when i play and tune your first New Hexen port and have fun.
                          And if peoples from HoT, you and Spike can union for collaboration that be great.
                          And i try do something too.

As i know, HoT targeted work with multi system and correct ingame H code for remove original game bugs.
                          May be in ideal be collect all advances together, but as i understand it's unreachable task, so may be at least part of advances we can implement.

I hope in result we gain couple texture packs and engines compatible one with others.

Comment

• Wow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            The best port at time is jsHexen1.19.
                            inkub0s textures works great and jeanks models looks really good.
                            FTE has too many bugs :-( (load/save config donīt work at least for me!)
                            I think a port for H2 is better than a port for many games (more specific, aso),
                            just my 2 cents!! Great work guys. Thank you.

Good work - so far!!!
                            r.
                            @ngel

Comment

• I'm near to a new release...

(hey boys, it's time for engines to support PK3s... the pack is over 150mb!)

NEW DOOR

AND YUMMY FOOD

Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• inkub0, you are a crazy man (in a positiv way of course)

Now the only thing thats missing are the flies flying around those delicious steaks
                                Superb work, as always !

PS: Regarding your pack-size:
                                What does my wife always tell me: Its not the size that matters

Comment

Working...
                                X