Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn that a exellent discover of mods/ maps thanx!
    Also i am planning to organize hexen2 files at one place, currently at development, and i will imform here for changes.
    Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 04-25-2012, 05:07 AM.
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
    HeXen II Files - under development
    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
    hexen2 ftp
    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• I'm experimenting with making a Hexen II map (using QuArK) but I'm having trouble finding out how to get the water to be translucent like in the original maps. Anyone know?

Thanks.

Comment

• I went through some map making for Hexen II 2 years ago, but unfortunately because of bad editor/tools choice I never finished it. My plan was to create 3 hubs, which were later cut to just one hub, which was cut to just 3 maps, but I had to remade them several times because they always screwed up (BSP holes, glitches) even though I learned how to work with BSP, so after a year I gave up. It is pity, because I spent a lot of my free time with it (there was also new content, like textures, models, sounds etc...) and created some serious design, which could easily compete with original Raven maps. I was oriented to more open maps, less corridor like, more in style of Hexen 1.

ETTiNGRiNDER, I didnīt try other editors, but I doubt Quark is the best choice for Hexen.

Comment

• Greetings to all forum members of the legendary Hexen2!

Hello everyone I am Rino author of the mission packs, dedicated to Hexen2

I thank all

Rino

https://sites.google.com/site/missionpackbyrino/
          Last edited by Rino; 04-26-2012, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Isnt it a miracle how small the world is ?
            Here at quakeone they all come together...

Many greetings to Italy, Rino.
            And Thank You for your great work and effort.

Comment

• Originally posted by ETTiNGRiNDER View Post
              I'm experimenting with making a Hexen II map (using QuArK) but I'm having trouble finding out how to get the water to be translucent like in the original maps. Anyone know?

Thanks.
              I remember reading about having to add "-watervis" as a command to qbsp for translucent water to work. Might be a solution? I also believe some of the other compilers out there (maybe the one from UQE) do this by default.
              Last edited by Amran; 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM.
              MapConv - A tool for building quake engine based levels in Hammer. Updated FGDs and in-editor models also available.

Comment

• Yes, that did it. Thanks!

Comment

• Was there a 15 item pickup limit in the original? Been playing with Hammer of Thyrion and noticed the game wouldn't let me pick up more than 15 of each item off the ground, but if they appear inside a backpack, I can get more than 15.

Comment

• its looks like bug
                    hexen2 ftp

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteMagicRaven View Post
                      its looks like bug
                      No there is no bug here:
                      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index...87&atid=701006

Comment

• readed, yes it disapoint thing. i remeber i finished original hexen2 with 25 limit and yes it 1.03 version.
                        weird for RavenSoft look:
                        Heretic 15 items limit
                        HeXen 25 items limit
                        HeXen II 15 items limit (guess should be 25 as it hexen =) but raven soft changed it to 15 like heretic.the hexen2 more similar to heretic1 than to hexen1)
                        Heretic II - can carry all items, how much you can use it, all depends on blue mana.
                        hexen2 ftp

Comment

• I wonder if it was intentional from raven to bring the limit down to 15? I think it must have been an accidental bug since you cannot "pickup" more than 15 items, but if you get them through the backpack item, then they are added to your total above 15. I suppose the only way to fix it would be if someone were to make a fan-made unofficial bug fix patch.

Comment

• Wondering if anyone has ever come across this anomaly with larger enemies in custom levels before. The golem on the left is an example of the issue, while the one on the right is from the official Egypt1 map. In the left, it appears that the golem is sunken about 8 units into the floor.

My first guess was that it had been spawned inside the floor to begin with, but changing the origin to avoid this possibility still results in the same clipping issue. The problem persists using different editors, compilers, and versions/ports of Hexen II.

Anyone know why they aren't aligning with the floor as they should be?
                            MapConv - A tool for building quake engine based levels in Hammer. Updated FGDs and in-editor models also available.

Comment

• I remember that happened to me in the official maps also. Donīt know the reason though. Isnīt the brush/poly on which the golem stays broken?

Comment

• I vaguely recall there being a mod that added the Quake marine/ranger as a playable class in Hexen II. Anyone else ever see this or know where to find it if it does exist?

Comment

Working...
                                X