This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello GiSWiG,

Engines, that support replacement textures, usualy support different formats as well.
    So jeanks extended jshexen2 supports both formats.
    What you want to do is to try both (jeanks and inkub0īs) world textures.

Please do it like this:

Put 2 subfolders into your data1 directory.
    One contains inkub0īs and one contains jeanks.
    Then simply rename one of them to "textures".
    This one will be used.

This way you can try both and see which one you like more...

Have fun,
    Seven

Comment

• I was under the impression that the jsHexen2 textures were complete where inkub0's were only 85% BUT that 85% was better. Hence why I was trying to combine the two with inkub0's taking precedence. It was the fact that there were jpg's and tga's that had the same filename that was the trick.

Comment

• I made a Hexen 1-styled menu for Hexen 2:

Will post a video of it tomorrow.

Comment

• Wow looks very cool ^.^
          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
          HeXen II Files - under development
          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
          hexen2 ftp
          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• agreed, that looks sweet
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• In strange days everything can happen....

Weird!
              Nobody is working on a decent support for lights, normalmaps, and so on... and my texturepack is still unfinished.

Maybe now, the edge of chaos forum can help me to finish it
              (and it will be amazing (i hope)

visit here
              Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• The FTE QW most closer to your needs. but not stable =( on hexen2
                Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 11-23-2012, 07:06 AM.
                Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                HeXen II Files - under development
                Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                hexen2 ftp
                hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• I know.
                  We need somebody that can FORK DARKPLACES with Hexen2 compatibility...
                  It's the way i ever wanted from start.
                  Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• oh yeah, that would be absolutely awesome if someone modified darkplaces to be able to load hexen2.
                    all the amazaing and awesome eye-candy features of darkplaces would allow for an uber-pretty hexen2

and darkplaces already supports ton of fancy eye-candy, so it would safe people the work of implenting those features into another engine
                    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by WhiteMagicRaven View Post
                      The FTE QW most closer to your needs. but not stable =( on hexen2
                      What makes you think that ?
                      That is not true.
                      FTE runs H2 stable.
                      There is only one single situation in-game, where a model/piece is not reachable. Try to use a different build if you have problems, or contact Spike if you found a new issue.

Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
                      I know.
                      We need somebody that can FORK DARKPLACES with Hexen2 compatibility...
                      It's the way i ever wanted from start.
                      Hello inkub0,
                      Spike explained how you can run H2 in your DP in principle here.
                      Is the "shadow/light stuff" really the only thing you are missing in H2 ??
                      Everything else can be done with FTE too.
                      It is maybe less documented how to use those bling-bling things.
                      If you have questions or are not sure, Spike has always an open ear and a honest and straight answer for you.
                      DP is not always the answer for everything, or the "best" way to go.

If you would know purplehazeīs particles for FTE, you will see, that DP does not look "special" at all.

Best regards,
                      Seven

Comment

• just a curious question... seeing as in that thread someone said the only thing you need to do is make dp accept hexen2 bsp....

whats the difference, what is it about hexen2 bsp that makes them diffferent from normal quake bsp?

Comment

• 8 hulls rather than 4. different hull sizes too.
                          no other differences (if you ignore palette differences). not even version number.
                          fte uses an heruistic to detect the bsp type, so its automatic.

its almost a 1-liner in model_brush.c Mod_Q1BSP_Load

there are other client differences, like support for hexen2's drawflags+abslight stuff, a few fairly trivial stuffcmds, and the player class setting (if you don't want a random class each time). default blend modes, particles, plaques, intermission, hud+inventory, temp entities, are also things that would need work. you'd likely also need to implement the h2mp model format if you want to run the mission pack.
                          but those things should not prevent you from actually connecting and playing on an fteh2 server, it'll just look wrong.

regarding the server, looking at fte's code, there's 38 hexen2-specific builtins, and 43 places where the engine checks to see if its running hexen2.
                          only one of those relates to a protocol incompatibility.
                          What I'm not listing here are the things that are extensions to quake, which are safe to enable even for quake gamecode. Those things are not so easily findable in fte's codebase, but any that are clientside should be ignorable-with-glitches, or at worst a simple stub-with-glitches (though in this case, ftesv really ought to be filtering them, so let me know if you find any of those).
                          Last edited by Spike; 11-23-2012, 12:08 PM.
                          Some Game Thing

Comment

• erm... i dun wanna look stupid... but whats a hull?

Comment

• an arbitary collision size.
                              a separate bsp tree for collision with a specific sized bbox.
                              Some Game Thing

Comment

• erm... im still kinda lost. i get the collision box part cuz i know what collision box is but the rest is like chinese to me

Comment

Working...
                                X