This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i get some weird bug when trying to use your rtlights file inkub0

those two odd blocks above the hands and that horizontal bar in center. they stay in that same position on screen all the time while i am in that area of the start of the map
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• @ whitemagicraven
      i work in DP and wall torches doesnt load in there... i'm searching for a fix

@splitterface:
      i dont have that problem. maybe you are loading .lit and .rtlight files at the same time... really weird
      Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

"Not dead is what forever can wait" (HPL)

Comment

• oh, i should only load the rtlights and not the lit files also?

lemme try loading only the rtlights file and see if that fixes it

EDIT: nope, when i remove the lit file and only load the rtlights file its still there
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• wait on my fteqw lights doesnot looks like in splitterface screenshot =0

Edit: fixed it, now it looks much better, and no flat walls illusion, shadows falls good, yes torches still w/o lightning =(
          Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
          Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
          HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
          HeXen II Files - under development
          Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
          hexen2 ftp
          hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• any ideas on how to load hexen2 walltorches in DP ? and... is it too dark?
            Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• i guess you could always try loading fteqw and dp at same time and try guessing the position by having dp and fteqw opened at same time?

Comment

• There is complicated way =(
                Quark can open .bsp files directly and edit a text part of it (where stored information about level name, lights, items, monsters) so edit that file by search every torch and add line with light description, and save, it update bsp.
                I am guess this info missed on quake, because h2light.exe tool that compile lightmaps in bsp for hexen2, know more light types
                1. work with "light" entity
                2. work with "light_torch_castle" entities.
                Anyone else? what you think?

{ //does quake know what is it "light_torch_castle" i think is hexen2 specified
                "angle" "270"
                "origin" "928 -1048 -120"
                "classname" "light_torch_castle"
                }
                Last edited by WhiteMagicRaven; 11-26-2012, 02:11 PM.
                hexen2 ftp

Comment

• Hello inkub0,

I made a QC fix for you.
                  Now DarkPlaces loads the Hexen2 torches.

Please use this progs.dat.
                  (it is based on "SMC V4.15" with Hexen2 torch support.
                  This means you need SMC to use it)

It is good to see that motivated people are working again on this game.

Kind regards,
                  Seven

Comment

• o Seven, its even better and more easy
                    hexen2 ftp

Comment

• If you're making your rtlight files with DP, use the sv_saveentfile command. Find the ent file, and edit the various light_torch_foo entities within to change them to light_torch_small_walltorch. Just do a find+replace or something.
                      Should replace them with something that your dp-compatible gamecode can use, resulting in those missing-model diamonds that DP uses where the hexen2 torches should be.
                      That's what I'd try anyway.
                      EDIT: Or yes, get qc to do it instead.

I'm not quite sure why you're not using that csaddon.dat lights editor with fte, does it not work, or are you just not as comfortable with it?
                      Some Game Thing

Comment

• Listen to Spike

The method that Spike describes to get the models into the game is of course better.
                        I only wanted to quickly help inkub0 with a QC hack.

But that will maybe not enough for later maps in egypt.
                        Egypt uses different torch models than other worlds as I saw while roughly browsing through the models folder...
                        Maybe the ent calls for torches in egypt maps differ from demo1.bsp map...

Anyhow,
                        if FTE has its own rtlights editor, like Spike said:
                        "csaddon.dat lights editor", then you should of course use that one instead, inkub0.
                        That way you get familiar with FTE and its commands and we do not need to abuse DP just for rtlight creation.

But that is just an opionion...
                        If inkub0 can work "better" with the DP editor it is of course quicker to do these files with it.

Keep up the good work guys.

Glad we have Spike in the boat
                        You visit this forum quite often and are always kind to help the ones in need.

Good night,
                        Seven

Comment

• maybe spike can post a full tutorial for ingame light editing with FTEQW

PS what is the syntax for normalmaps? i used foo_norm.TGA but doesnt work!
                          Last edited by inkub0; 11-26-2012, 04:06 PM.
                          Ia! Ia! Shubb Niggurath!

Comment

• foo.tga
                            foo_norm.tga
                            foo_bump.tga (if no norm)
                            foo_luma.tga
                            foo_gloss.tga

note that the alpha channel of the normalmap should be a hightmap for offsetmapping to work properly.

Regarding 'csaddon.dat', its some addon csqc mod. You can get the source here: http://fteqw.svn.sourceforge.net/vie.../src/?view=tar If you extract those files into c:\games\hexen2\fteh2\src then start up FTE(h2).
                            Now enter this at the console:
                            compile -src src -srcfile csaddon.src; sv_cheats 1; coop 0; deathmatch 0; r_shadow_realtime_dlight 1; r_shadow_realtime_world 1; map demo1; set ca_show 1; set ca_editormode 1; set cg_editor_lightmodel models/redspt.spr
                            There's a lot of commands in that, I'm trying to cover all bases. Copy it to the clipboard and then you can just press ctrl+v to paste it into fte's console... at least if you're on windows.
                            (this of course uses the built in version of fteqcc, which means its just source and a single console command to make sure everything works and is obvious).

You can use r_editlights_reload [bsp|none] to reset/clear the lights. Use r_editlights_save to save them. You don't otherwise need the console to edit.
                            The left mouse button selects lights, right mouse re-enables mouselook.
                            There should be some keyboard shortcuts shown on the screen (these override any binds while the editor is visible), so I shouldn't really need to be too verbose here.
                            Some Game Thing

Comment

• I have some info about csaddon's light editor (and also some of the other stuff it does) and I'll do some minitutorials shortly. Basic stuff.
                              Scout's Journey
                              Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• On the topic of colored lighting, but is there a light.exe compiler for Hexen 2 that supports it? I'd like to be able to directly choose light colors in the map editor rather then work with an external program

Comment

Working...
                                X