Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bloodshot, about ambient sound effects. Do you use some custom sound entity or did you just used vanilla sound effects? Also do you know how one can change the volume or distance of individual sounds?

Comment

• Hello Mathuzzz,

Hexen gamecode follows very similar syntax like Quake gamecode.
      You can use most features/mods which have been developed for Quake in Hexen2 as well with only minor adjustments. *hint*

You have a few different existing .hc compilers. Though, to be able to use most advanced features you should of course use fteqccgui.exe. It has a lot of options which also includes H2 adjustments.
      When you are familiar with QuakeC you will feel home very quick with HexenC as well. Coding is almost identical.

Back to your question:
      Just like in Quake you also have this sound function (look into .hc files to find lots examples):
      Code:
      void (entity e, float chan, string samp, float vol, float atten) sound
      As you can see, float vol sets the volume. 0 ... 1

Different attentuations and distances can be used by these values:
      float ATTN_NONE = 0;
      float ATTN_NORM = 1;
      float ATTN_IDLE = 2;
      float ATTN_STATIC = 3;
      float ATTN_LOOP = 4;
      Different channels by these:
      float CHAN_AUTO = 0;
      float CHAN_WEAPON = 1;
      float CHAN_VOICE = 2;
      float CHAN_ITEM = 3;
      float CHAN_BODY = 4;

Tip:
      You can use either original Hexen2 source or any Quake source (incl. mods) to see hundreds of examples of how these things are beeing used.

It is not difficult. I am sure you will be able to do what you are aiming for.

Best wishes,
      Seven

Comment

• @Mathuzzz, seven is correct, I had to edit gamecode. I actually added a "noise1" key to the existing ambient sound entity but if you want new sounds they need to be precached, so you have to edit code to precache them so you can use them in your levels.

Sorry it took so long to respond, a family member passed away and I haven't been doing much on my computer recently because of it

Otherwise though, I threw up a modDB page with more media today

Hexen II - Shadows of Chaos mod - Mod DB

Comment

• wow I completely forgot about hexen - first played it way back on the n64, great multiplayer!
          Best FPS's of All-Time: Quake, Goldeneye, Half-Life
          https://www.LFGdating.com

Comment

• @Bloodshot Sorry to hear about that.
            I already handled the sounds, though I would like to look into it in the future, still wondering whether it is possible to change music during the map, using global sounds.

I´m looking forward to the demo version of your mod. I see you like to use hanged men/skeletons.

Comment

• Got some shots of the 3rd level from the demo up on moddb

Comment

• its great to see you brought the disciple into hexen2!

it has always been my fave enemy in both heretic&hexen1,
                and its was a shame they completely removed the enemy from the sequels

so its nice to see the disciple being brought back into hexen2
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Did you modeled the disciple yourself?

Comment

• I stripped down the hexen 2 necromancer and remodeled his head, and then reanimated it, I think he works pretty well for it.

EDIT:

Coop works

Network saving is broken but I got rid of level loss on death so getting the new abilities is no longer an issue
                    Last edited by Bloodshot; 04-25-2017, 08:37 PM.

Comment

• Idea
                      Hexen 2 mod set in 2013

We need to fight off a bioterrorist group in terragrogia

Classes
                      Special forces
                      Civillian
                      Cops
                      Madman
                      Talisa

Mopnster idea
                      Revelations 2 sawer-He has a drill that instakills you.Very hard to defeat.

Also we can add extra weapons,like pressing 1 can switch between 2 weapons.Like in quake AOP for LG-Prototype 2 and thunder bolt.
                      Dude,lets party!
                      Bring some food and drink.I got Arcane Dimensions 2.666!?!

Comment

• What I loved about these disciples in both Heretic and Hexen was how their robes were teared from the bottom. Like the Death rider from Hexen 2.

ijazz, I believe many people play/mod Hexen 2 specifically becasue of its settings

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2ytrqNhKHM[/ame]

Shadows of Chaos - 1.0 Demo file - Mod DB

Demo is released!

Comment

• Congratulate for you release! So far it rocks, so many new additions! Glad you got rid of annoying solid corpses getting into your way all the time and changed it with fun gib system.

-Do you scale enemies abilities based on difficulty? The melee fighter seems to be moving very quickly and I so far only tried the easiest difficulty.
                            -Maybe I would add a bit more lightning contrast into the areas. The intro area with the storm would be even better looking if you would tone down the minlight a bit.

I will give you more in depth feedback once I finished it

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words. The enemy stats don't scale but their counts do. So hard has a ton more enemies, especially in level 2 and 3.

It's especially good for the paladin since his weapons excel at crowd control. I kind of half designed hard's enemy counts for coop, but it's perfectly doable in SP too.

And I'm glad the corpse changes worked out, I was getting stuck so much it ruined the large battles, but that simple corpse tweak made the fights 100% better IMO. I was considering making them nonsolid like quake so enemies couldn't get caught on them but I enjoy gibbing corpses plus it's fun to see bodies pile up since the despawn for corpses is off now.

About the first level, I was afraid i didn't add enough light (it's actually blue sunlight mixed with minlight) because my monitor is weird and everything is bright, but all the screenshots I've seen on other computers looked too dark to me. I might tweak this later though.
                              Last edited by Bloodshot; 05-02-2017, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• Thank you for demo, i am very glad, very very good work =0.
                                Can you use some resources from other Raven Soft games?
                                RaVeN-05(WhiteMagicRaven)
                                they very fit to hexen theme
                                MageSlayer textures ->
                                ShadowCaster ->
                                Even from CyClones some textures can be used ->
                                Maybe even from Soldier of fortune =)
                                Old Raven Software fantasy games is very good resources, i can prepare them for hexen2 format.
                                Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                                Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                                HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                                HeXen II Files - under development
                                Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                                hexen2 ftp
                                hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

Working...
                                X