Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RL Clown
    replied
    Speaking of Heretic, I think that Heretic has some of the best tracks ever. I'm not kidding; the tracks could actually be used for hip hop beats.

E1M1 was great:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yxSjvWDRI]Heretic Music - E1M1- The Docks - YouTube[/ame]

Leave a comment:

• Spinvis
    replied
    Hey Seven, yeah well over two years mate. I'm still in South Africa, living in a new place closer to work. Much has changed and happened on my side as well. I might be coming back to Europe in 6 months, since the department of home affairs (the guys dealing with permits) are fucking it up every time, and i am just getting tired of the incompetency of the South African government in general. Although i still love the country and people in it, and i love living here.

During all this time QuakeOne was blocked at my "new" job, i have got myself internet at home a couple of weeks ago. Albeit shitty, it is uncapped. During the two years i was offline, my old laptop died, and my harddrive with all my games and music crashed. I was lucky the harddrive in my died laptop still worked, so i have placed it now in my new HTPC which gives me the opportunity to play my old, and now ancient, Quake install (lucky for me it was still there) on my bigscreen TV. I am busy getting _Smith_'s Quake HD compilation to upgrade my own, the download will take some time though lol.

I see you are still working on your SMC, the new features since the last time i used it are overwhelming. I am def going to try it out and provide you with some feedback, can't wait. I see i also missed a lot regarding all the other work that has been done for Quake, most impressive (Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD from webangel, and FC Zvyozdochka RTLights quickly glancing over the forums). I am sure i missed a lot more and i am really looking forward in trying it out.

Anyway, me and the family are doing great. I hope yours is too. Thanks for the welcome.

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Holy Jesus, Spinvis !

How long has it been ? Over 2 years ?
    It is very good to see you here again....

A lot of things happened in the last 2 years.
    I hope you are doing alright and settled at a place where it is nice to live.

Best of luck for you and your family.

Leave a comment:

• Spinvis
    replied
    Originally posted by Henry View Post
    Are you still updating your packs Seven ?

The Heretic pack seems to be up to date.
    New items, weapons and monsters are included.

But there are some new things for the Hexen pack available.
    Mage´s HUD Weapons and a new Centaur model.
    Would be cool if you could include them as well.

This is the link View topic - Sapphire Wand • Doomsday Engine User Forums
    There is also a new jXCCP 1.23 pack including the above already View topic - Rain doesn't load • Doomsday Engine User Forums

Thank you!
    Thanks for the update and links, i will def check it out.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    just tried the latest 1.10.1(837) stable build of DD after seeing your post,
    and it indeed seems to work fine for heretic from as far as i can see,
    and it even works better then the 1.9.0-beta6.9 build which i always used before

nice to finally see a good stable doomsday build which has no bugs again
    after there have been so many screwed-up builds which had lots of bugs for so long

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    Thank you for your reminder Henry.

The new centaur and new Mage´s weapon pack are also compatible to the Doomsday engine build 1.9.0 - beta 6.9.
    I would like to implement them into the compilation and make the compilation compatible to engine build 1.10.1 at the same time when I have the time for it.

Those 2 new replacements are too beautiful to be missed.
    The engine 1.10.x are now bugfree as far as I could see.
    And even multiplayer is better supported.
    So no reason to use 1.9.x anymore

Best wishes,
    Seven

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    I like the new wand too.
    But did you test the Frost shards and Arc of death yet?
    They totally blew me away!
    The hand models look exactly like the original sprites.
    That is what makes it a keeper for me.
    An amazingly talented author!

Leave a comment:

• golden_boy
    replied
    That is pretty cool. I didn't know Hexen 1 had such cool stuff made for it.

It's a pretty game that just gets prettier. <3

Leave a comment:

• KrossX
    replied
    That wand is made of awesome.

Leave a comment:

• Mathuzzz
    replied
    Wow, those weapons looks absolutely great. Finally Hexen 1 gets some love.

Leave a comment:

• Henry
    replied
    Are you still updating your packs Seven ?

The Heretic pack seems to be up to date.
    New items, weapons and monsters are included.

But there are some new things for the Hexen pack available.
    Mage´s HUD Weapons and a new Centaur model.
    Would be cool if you could include them as well.

This is the link View topic - Sapphire Wand &bull; Doomsday Engine User Forums
    There is also a new jXCCP 1.23 pack including the above already View topic - Rain doesn't load &bull; Doomsday Engine User Forums

Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• RL Clown
    replied
    I think that Heretic's theme song should have been modified... Raven Software and idsoftware should have used Slipknot's "Heretic Anthem" as the theme song for the Heretic PC game. (I'm not kidding) But then again, Raven Software and idsoftware would have to pay Slipknot a lot of money. Besides, back in the day, Slipknot had too much profanity in their lyrics. Using Slipknot's lyrics would give the game a bad image. (That's probably why they decided not to use a Slipknot song.)

Leave a comment:

• Seven
    replied
    LOL, I didnt know about this 'Rise of the Triad' hand.
    I had the Hexen clerics 3rd weapon 'firestorm' in mind...
    (that is why I posted it here in this thread)

But it is a little twisted... you are right.
    Unfortunately we cannot see it full due to small fov.

You got me, hehe.

Leave a comment:

• talisa
    replied
    lol we posted the correct answer at same time W@
    and we posted the exact same pic even

btw yay for catacomb 3d.
    quite a fun game, even if it looks extremely outdated with the octagonal maps and 16colors even. but its still quite a lot of fun

Leave a comment:

• webangel
    replied
    Rise of the Triad - Hand of God

Leave a comment:

Working...
X