Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
    Hello IronWarfare,

Please read post 1 about things that has been left out on purpose.
    As you know, Heretic and Hexen are pure sprite games by the way.

Many talented people made many replacement contents for these games.
    Unfortunately not all of them are fitting to the original look/feel.
    That is why I left out some replacement contents on purpose.

Besides some 3D view-weapon models, the replacement HUD is in my personal opinion not comparable to the original HUD.
    It misses so many details and makes the look blocky/strange, that I had to remove it.
    There are some other minor things I left out.

Again, this is just one possible compilation.
    There are many other personal likings out there and I appologize to not be able to match all of them.

Best wishes,
    Seven
    Understood, it would be cool if somebody can remake the hud for Hexen 1 and 2 in high res (they are very similar if not equal)

Comment

• I only know widescreen friendly at current time
      ZDoom • View topic - [Project] Make it Widescreen!
      Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
      Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
      HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
      HeXen II Files - under development
      Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
      hexen2 ftp
      hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba0w6nhknYM[/ame]
        hexen2 ftp

Comment

• Originally posted by Spinvis View Post
          Thanks for the post and instructions Seven. Been playing Heretic and Hexen for a long time now with Doomsday, i think i discovered it somewhere in 2003 when i was looking around how to play Doom on "modern" machines. I really loved it. Meanwhile i switched to Risen3D for my fix for the Doom series. Still using Doomsday for Heretic and Hexen though.

I have the following addons here on my work computer, excluding the addons that you got on your list Seven, (i got more (older) addons on my external HD at home) too bad they are not all fully finished yet and there can be some weird problems so when a model/texture is missing you'll get low res sprites/textures instead:

Heretic:
          heretictextures.zip (jHeretic texture pack)
          jhrp-20090703 (jHeretic Resource Pack: models, hud, weapons, ammo, monsters, etc..)

Hexen:
          jHeXen_CCP_v1.20 (jHexen Resource Pack: models, hud, weapons, ammo, monsters, etc..)
          jHexen_Reflections_v1.1 (Used to set up all the reflections used on surfaces)
          jHexenrain-20060522 (Rain for a few levels of Hexen)
          jxrp-aug-2004 (Some additional/different models for Hexen)
          jHexenextratextures (Extra textures)

Addons i got from home:

HexenShineExample.pk3 (hexen light maps)
          jheretic_Ded_patch.rar (heretic splash effect, tougher monsters, special effects, more blood)
          jhereticpFull.rar (heretic hud, models, weapons, monsters, etc...)
          jhereticrp1_01.box_FINALv4.zip (same as above, newer verion)
          jhereticrp-20090227.zip (same as above, newer version)
          heretictextures.zip (heretic textures)
          JHereticTP.rar (more heretic textures)
          jhereticui-install.zip (heretic HUD user interface pack)
          JHeXen-LightMaps.zip (hexen lights, reflections)
          JHeXen-Lights.zip (same as above)
          jHeXenRP.zip (hexen model pack)
          jHeXenRP-aug-2004.zip (same as above, later version maybe?)
          JHeXen-Sfx.zip (hexen sfx high quality sounds)
          jHeXen-Textures.zip (again more hexen textures)
          JHeXen-Ui.zip (hexen HUD, user interface pack)
          kurikai-hexenrain-20060522.pk3 (rain for hexen)

Plus i got the Sycraft high quality soundtracks for both games, they are really nice. Other then that i also have loads of Doom addons, both for Doomsday and Risen3D...

Let me know if somebody is interested, then i'll try to put it up somewhere on the net. Also since the move to the new Doomsday site and forum, the older addons are really hard to find since they didn't put them back up for download, but maybe and hopefully they will do so again in the future once they release the final of Doomsday 1.9.0.

Btw this is a link to the new Doomsdays forums: Doomsday Engine
          Here you can find additional new work, like a new Gargoyle model for Heretic and a new Afrit model for Hexen for example.

Edit: Seven, this might be a nice addition to your post: Sycraft Heretic and Hexen soundtracks

Edit2: Full list of addons that i got for Heretic and Hexen added.
          I would love it if you could somehow send those to me,
          if you don't mind of course. Thank you.

Steph117

Comment

• Thanks a lot for the resource packs, Heretic works really fine but Hexen pack jXCCP does not work for me. Both are ticket but I only get the high-res textures. No models at all ... I use doomsday_1.9.7_build439. Any ideas?

Comment

• No way the models get loaded ... the package itself seems to load as I see the better title screens and fonts. No errors in the log, just say models 0.

Comment

• try downgrading to build 1.9.0-beta6.9

the newer builds are all chockfull of bugs, like models not appearing and textures being all messed up and such.

i use 1.9.0-beta6.9 myself cuz its the only build ive tried in which all the content works perfectly

be sure to also remove the setting folder at C:\users\yourname\documents\Doomsday Frontend when you change the build you're using. otherwise you'll get even more bugs

hope this helps
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Thanks a lot for your work, Seven!

Comment

• Too beautiful to be missed:

by catwell
                    be sure to visit his page for more...

Comment

• Nice one, like it so much.
                      Here more
                      #HereticHexen-Group on deviantART
                      hexen2 ftp

Comment

• Good idea.

Although right now I'm knee deep in creating a level in quake that if I start playing Hexen again I may never finish..

to the future!

Comment

• oh oh check out these i just found: Heretic and Hexen Fan Art by Liamythesh on deviantART

my fave enemy, the disciple
                          i totally love that the most left one is female

imo they look even more awesome then the one from catwell, and this person has done every enemy and also weapons and items <3
                          Last edited by talisa; 07-06-2012, 06:26 AM.
                          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• yeah, also you can find many fan arts on russian site here
                            ?????? - Old Games - ??????? - Hexen 2 Russian Fans
                            ?????????? (Art) - ??????? - Hexen 2 Russian Fans
                            hexen2 ftp

Comment

• actually.... i liked that female disciple so much i fixed it up as my profile pic and my avatar <3

Comment

• Me =) like your new avatar, really cool ^.^
                                hexen2 ftp

Comment

Working...
                                X