Heretic1 + Hexen1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elven wand v2 + Alpha

Once I finally got the new elven wand by John Jensen to sight right on screen (some clown had changed my FOV from 96 up to 105!), I decided to fudge with it a bit and add an alpha channel to the crystal;

grab it and smite!
    just thrust it into your addons folder and you're ready for heresy!

At first I though it would show off limits of the model, guess what? There are none!
    If anything you can see more this way as the tips of the pewter 'fingers' that hold the stone in place are just visible through the back, a true testament to the fantastic work by Mr. Jensen there, everything, even the parts normaly out of sight, have been masterfully rendered...
    But don't take my word for it;

see for yourself!
    please bear in mind that the strength of the alpha effect is obviously dependant on the background, so although it looks a bit extreme in the screenie it tends to look very different depending on your position in-game!

*UPDATE*
    I was looking again and felt that many may find the level of alpha a little extreme (I know I do! ), it seemed an edit was in order;

alpha'd wand v2.1
    I've knocked the effect back a notch or two, and now its much more subtle, and as such, more of John's beautiful crystal texture is visable, whilst still elluding to a semi-transparent nature to the stone...

So, now you have a choice of two. But, obviously, if you think it's better without it entirely then simply don't use it! LOL
    *END*

Regards
    Latchford
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 06-26-2011, 04:16 AM.

Comment

• Thank you osjclatchford.

Comment

• most welcome but, alas, I fear my delving into Jheretic has caused punishment for my heresy as it has finally killed my graphics card, I was testing some new textures (whilst smiting of course, the best test always involves slapping a few etherial xbow bolts around too, right? LOL) and it was damned slow, then I heard a 'nee-nor' sounding siren coming from the pc-speaker and shut down immeadiately, upon opening the machine I found , not only a large deposit of dust in the processor (naughty, *slaps wrist*) but the graphics card was actually boiling. (seriously I burnt my fingers on it!).
        Unfortunately its a heatsink/liquid coolant only card so no fan to replace , My guess is that the liquid-coolant resevoir has dried up or got some gas in the system and as such its a throw-away job really...

Mind you It was over 80 degrees over here in the UK yesterday so that obviously didn't help.
        I suspected it had begun to go a while back as slowness and lag was increasing since about febuary (I assumed that was due to all the new textures I have been adding to my games since then LOL) but I'd not seen how hot it was untill I opened it yesterday, Maybe the ambient temp put it over the edge or maybe its just been a long time coming, either way I won't be able to do much gaming for a while as its now overheating just running windows...

still, Ive still got the laptop so skins my still be in the works

regards
        Latchford

Comment

• Greetings Quake Community!
          I accidentally got on this topic here and see some interest to Heretic and Hexen games on Doomsday engine. I found there are some additions and modifications that had not seen before - thanks guys for your work!

Also in this post by webangel (http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...html#post75218) I see some additions to Doomsday that I don`t know and do not have:

jHeretic_AmbiencePack.pk3
          jHeretic_Music_AennSeidhePriest.pk3

jHexen_AmbiencePack.pk3
          jHexen_Music_Goremata.pk3
          jHexen_Particles_Markworth.pk3
          jHexen_Skypack.pk3

jDoom_EnviromentPackExt.pk3
          jDoom_EnviromentPack-KuriKai-20081106.pk3
          jDoom_Music_DJRedlightRemixes_TNT-Evilution.pk3
          jDoom_SoundPack_PSX.pk3

If someone will tell me where I can find this addons, or it can share its for me - I would be very grateful!

Comment

• A new update, this time for Hexen:

jHexen Items Pack 0.5
            Thus far, only the identical models have been ported (with their respective UI images):
            -Artifact Pickup FX
            -Crystal Vial
            -Quartz Flask
            -Mystic Urn
            -Chaos Device
            -Wings of Wrath
            -Torch

You can find it here: link.
            FPS Source Ports

Comment

• If you like Exhumed's icons, you can find all of his icon packs on his deviant art profile, which is here.

There are icons in his various packs for all the iD games and many many many more.

Game Icons by 3xhumed on deviantART
              Regular One Man Slaughterhouse

Comment

• I always felt like the texture packs were always "too sharp." It just never looks quite right. Just play the game with your monitors native resolution and no texture packs.

Better yet, play the original on DOS with a CRT! Btw, if someone has a DOS setup with the appropriate packet drivers for their ethernet card PM me and with the aid of two computers you can probably run a crossover from your ethernet to a second PC (like a laptop next you with wifi) and run hamachi with a "shared internet connection" on your laptop to tunnel IPX traffic. I've done this successfully already with DOS Quake, so it's not impossible!

Comment

• its possible to play in more easy way using ZDaemon or Skultag, Odamex curremtly work only for doom games.
                  Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                  Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                  HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                  HeXen II Files - under development
                  Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                  hexen2 ftp
                  hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• I know you can use a new port... I'd just like to play it on the original binaries with original hardware for fun.

Comment

• Yes i understand you.
                      Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
                      Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
                      HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
                      HeXen II Files - under development
                      Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
                      hexen2 ftp
                      hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

• Links are broken, can you please reupload the files?

Comment

• Hello IronWarfare,

Re-Uploaded all files.
                          Please find the new links in 1st post.

Kind regards,
                          Seven

Comment

• I know that this is a bit off-topic, but it is still related to Heretic... When I played Heretic for the first time, the monsters scared the living daylights out of me! There were two very horrifying monsters... The knight who carried a green ax scared the jeepers out of me. The dark priest, or follower of D'Sparil, whatever his name is, made me tremble with fear!
                            "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

• Thanks for the reupload. JHexen is missing the high res player hud. I have found it in a russian website. I can upload it if is needed

Comment

• Originally posted by IronWarfare View Post
                                Thanks for the reupload. JHexen is missing the high res player hud. I have found it in a russian website. I can upload it if is needed
                                Hello IronWarfare,

Please read post 1 about things that has been left out on purpose.
                                As you know, Heretic and Hexen are pure sprite games by the way.

Many talented people made many replacement contents for these games.
                                Unfortunately not all of them are fitting to the original look/feel.
                                That is why I left out some replacement contents on purpose.

Besides some 3D view-weapon models, the replacement HUD is in my personal opinion not comparable to the original HUD.
                                It misses so many details and makes the look blocky/strange, that I had to remove it.
                                There are some other minor things I left out.

Again, this is just one possible compilation.
                                There are many other personal likings out there and I appologize to not be able to match all of them.

Best wishes,
                                Seven

Comment

Working...
                                X