Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whitemagicraven View Post
    me =) like your new avatar, really cool ^.^
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Originally posted by inkub0 View Post
      [B]...I'm searching for a very high detailed scan of a "doom II" poster or game box to enhance doom2 title screen...
      Edit, crop as required.

http://www.egans08.webspace.virginme...OOM2SCREEN.png

Comment

• Hmmm,

while reading about IDīs milestones, I stumbled over the game:
        Catacomb 3D

Then I saw this screenshot:

Who can tell me, where they reused this magic hand ?
        ... the world is such a small place.

Seven

Comment

• @seven
          in hexen, the frost-shards spell
          wait wait.... no thats not it... erm... damn i know that hand

oooooooooh! i know i know i know! god mode from ROTT!
          Last edited by talisa; 09-30-2012, 10:00 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• Rise of the Triad - Hand of God

Comment

• lol we posted the correct answer at same time W@
              and we posted the exact same pic even

btw yay for catacomb 3d.
              quite a fun game, even if it looks extremely outdated with the octagonal maps and 16colors even. but its still quite a lot of fun

Comment

• LOL, I didnt know about this 'Rise of the Triad' hand.
                I had the Hexen clerics 3rd weapon 'firestorm' in mind...
                (that is why I posted it here in this thread)

But it is a little twisted... you are right.
                Unfortunately we cannot see it full due to small fov.

You got me, hehe.

Comment

• I think that Heretic's theme song should have been modified... Raven Software and idsoftware should have used Slipknot's "Heretic Anthem" as the theme song for the Heretic PC game. (I'm not kidding) But then again, Raven Software and idsoftware would have to pay Slipknot a lot of money. Besides, back in the day, Slipknot had too much profanity in their lyrics. Using Slipknot's lyrics would give the game a bad image. (That's probably why they decided not to use a Slipknot song.)
                  "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

• Are you still updating your packs Seven ?

The Heretic pack seems to be up to date.
                    New items, weapons and monsters are included.

But there are some new things for the Hexen pack available.
                    Mageīs HUD Weapons and a new Centaur model.
                    Would be cool if you could include them as well.

This is the link View topic - Sapphire Wand &bull; Doomsday Engine User Forums
                    There is also a new jXCCP 1.23 pack including the above already View topic - Rain doesn't load &bull; Doomsday Engine User Forums

Thank you!

Comment

• Wow, those weapons looks absolutely great. Finally Hexen 1 gets some love.

Comment

• That wand is made of awesome.
                        sigpic

Comment

• That is pretty cool. I didn't know Hexen 1 had such cool stuff made for it.

It's a pretty game that just gets prettier. <3
                          Scout's Journey
                          Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

• I like the new wand too.
                            But did you test the Frost shards and Arc of death yet?
                            They totally blew me away!
                            The hand models look exactly like the original sprites.
                            That is what makes it a keeper for me.
                            An amazingly talented author!

Comment

• Thank you for your reminder Henry.

The new centaur and new Mageīs weapon pack are also compatible to the Doomsday engine build 1.9.0 - beta 6.9.
                              I would like to implement them into the compilation and make the compilation compatible to engine build 1.10.1 at the same time when I have the time for it.

Those 2 new replacements are too beautiful to be missed.
                              The engine 1.10.x are now bugfree as far as I could see.
                              And even multiplayer is better supported.
                              So no reason to use 1.9.x anymore

Best wishes,
                              Seven

Comment

• just tried the latest 1.10.1(837) stable build of DD after seeing your post,
                                and it indeed seems to work fine for heretic from as far as i can see,
                                and it even works better then the 1.9.0-beta6.9 build which i always used before

nice to finally see a good stable doomsday build which has no bugs again
                                after there have been so many screwed-up builds which had lots of bugs for so long

Comment

Working...
                                X