Heretic1 + Hexen1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Henry View Post
    Are you still updating your packs Seven ?

The Heretic pack seems to be up to date.
    New items, weapons and monsters are included.

But there are some new things for the Hexen pack available.
    Mageīs HUD Weapons and a new Centaur model.
    Would be cool if you could include them as well.

This is the link View topic - Sapphire Wand • Doomsday Engine User Forums
    There is also a new jXCCP 1.23 pack including the above already View topic - Rain doesn't load • Doomsday Engine User Forums

Thank you!
    Thanks for the update and links, i will def check it out.
    FPS Source Ports

Comment

• Holy Jesus, Spinvis !

How long has it been ? Over 2 years ?
      It is very good to see you here again....

A lot of things happened in the last 2 years.
      I hope you are doing alright and settled at a place where it is nice to live.

Best of luck for you and your family.

Comment

• Hey Seven, yeah well over two years mate. I'm still in South Africa, living in a new place closer to work. Much has changed and happened on my side as well. I might be coming back to Europe in 6 months, since the department of home affairs (the guys dealing with permits) are fucking it up every time, and i am just getting tired of the incompetency of the South African government in general. Although i still love the country and people in it, and i love living here.

During all this time QuakeOne was blocked at my "new" job, i have got myself internet at home a couple of weeks ago. Albeit shitty, it is uncapped. During the two years i was offline, my old laptop died, and my harddrive with all my games and music crashed. I was lucky the harddrive in my died laptop still worked, so i have placed it now in my new HTPC which gives me the opportunity to play my old, and now ancient, Quake install (lucky for me it was still there) on my bigscreen TV. I am busy getting _Smith_'s Quake HD compilation to upgrade my own, the download will take some time though lol.

I see you are still working on your SMC, the new features since the last time i used it are overwhelming. I am def going to try it out and provide you with some feedback, can't wait. I see i also missed a lot regarding all the other work that has been done for Quake, most impressive (Quake Animated-REFLECTING-OVERLOAD from webangel, and FC Zvyozdochka RTLights quickly glancing over the forums). I am sure i missed a lot more and i am really looking forward in trying it out.

Anyway, me and the family are doing great. I hope yours is too. Thanks for the welcome.
        FPS Source Ports

Comment

• Speaking of Heretic, I think that Heretic has some of the best tracks ever. I'm not kidding; the tracks could actually be used for hip hop beats.

E1M1 was great:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0yxSjvWDRI]Heretic Music - E1M1- The Docks - YouTube[/ame]
          "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

• I agree that Heretic has great music, but not the ugly windows version you uploaded. Original sounds much better in my opinion.
            [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTTiQiEKjwU]Heretic music - The Docks (E1M1) (AdLib) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Originally posted by Mathuzzz View Post
              I agree that Heretic has great music, but not the ugly windows version you uploaded. Original sounds much better in my opinion.
              Heretic music - The Docks (E1M1) (AdLib) - YouTube
              Now that's REAL music. Seriously, if anyone is studying music, he/she should listen to Heretic's songs. When it comes to good music, idsoftware is a GOLD MINE! Doom is Heretic's cousin and Doom has many great metal tracks.
              "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

• Originally posted by RL Clown View Post
                Doom is Heretic's cousin and Doom has many great metal tracks.
                thats cuz most of dooms tracks are midi-remakes of actual tracks from metal-bands, like slayer and metallica and pantera
                Doom music - The Doom Wikia - Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, and more

thats also the reason why the psx version of doom had different usic, cuz people caught up on the fact it were midi-versions of actual metal-songs and ID got in trouble cuz they didnt own copyrights of the songs they included with doom
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

• What can be more satisfying than ultimate shooter with oneīs favourite rock/metal songs.

About Heretic music. Instruments themselves sounds OK even in the Windows/resampled versions, but it simply doesnīt sound as consistent as original DOS version. Plus that great sound effect typical for all Heretic/Hexen midis.
                  Last edited by Mathuzzz; 07-20-2013, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    Thank you for your reminder Henry.

The new centaur and new Mageīs weapon pack are also compatible to the Doomsday engine build 1.9.0 - beta 6.9.
                    I would like to implement them into the compilation and make the compilation compatible to engine build 1.10.1 at the same time when I have the time for it.

Those 2 new replacements are too beautiful to be missed.
                    The engine 1.10.x are now bugfree as far as I could see.
                    And even multiplayer is better supported.
                    So no reason to use 1.9.x anymore

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Hello,

Just in case, people missed it:
                    veirdoīs Mage weapons pack has been updated to V1.01
                    All Mage weapons are included now.
                    I dont have words to express how they look...
                    Unbelievable

Also the new Centauer by Citereh (reworked compilation of Veirdo's Centaur and Chilvence's animations) is something you should not miss.

Beside the new model itself, it also fixes some weird animations of the original centaur.

Best wishes,
                    Seven

Comment

• I could be wrong, but I think that idsoftware borrowed an idea from Mortal Kombat. In Hexen, the Mage uses Frost Shards as a second weapon. The ability to freeze your enemies is amazing, but I think that id borrowed a feature from Mortal Kombat. Subzero has the ability to freeze his opponents (at least temporarily). Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that idsoftware is a thief; I'm not saying that they stole an idea. I think that there is a connection between idsoftware and fighting games. This is very interesting; I am a fan of both shooting games AND fighting games. Food for thought: Maybe there is a Mortal Kombat mod for Hexen.

Comment

• Hello,

Some beautiful art, I stumbled open from Highdarktemplar

He creates wonderful art and is a great Hexen fan

Hexen 1:

Hexen 2:

Weapons:

In-Game:

Comment

• about hexen, the daggerfall/TES-ish mod for hexen its on the 1st beta

Korax' Heritage: Korax Mod

*unfortunatelly in my case no one has managed yet to port ol Quietus to Skyrim or Oblivion
                          Last edited by duoranger; 09-20-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

• What is a supported editor for jHexen/jHeretic? Are there configuration files for Doom builder 2? As I havenīt found any.

Comment

• Links in file "Links-20111206 heretic+hexen.txt" from first post is not work.

Please, re-upload files to MediaFire hosting or Dropbox shared file.

Comment

• Thank you for your info. Rapidshare links went down last month...

I *think* I also have a newer compilation. Will re-upload it tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X