Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hexen: Edge of Chaos a Doom III mod is released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hexen: Edge of Chaos a Doom III mod is released!

Hexen: Edge of Chaos a Doom III mod is released!
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
    HeXen II Files - under development
    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
    hexen2 ftp
    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Thank you for your info WhiteMagicRaven.

Itīs not really released as Full version though.
    Its a first playable Demo with I think 4 levels for 1 character.

But hey, its enough to make us all happy

Enough said. Time to dive into fantasy landscapes with beautiful environments, fighting evil....again.

Best Wishes,
    Seven

Comment

Not bad, however it just appeared so cartoon-ish. They didn't add "grit" everything is over-saturated and glossy.

Comment

I gave the Doom 3 cd to a friend for a while, I hope to receive it soon, since I wanna play that mod. I love Heretic/Hexen/Hexen 2!

Comment

It looks bad and lacks any athmosphere, because Doom 3 engine is shit. The same case was with The Dark Mod, a Thief mod for Doom 3, which is a total failure. I wish the author(s) made maps for original game than this.

Comment

With some easy adjustments on the lighting - that would be easily fixed and would be a huge improvement.
            The only parts I'd say that need to be adjusted is the lighting like I said - it was overall too bright even in the areas that should be darker.
            The other is much of the textures got that dreaded DooM plastic wrap effect. Now to fix this I don't know if it's the DooM 3 engine itself - but look into the normal maps or any textures that will give off the glossy look and just weaken it a bit (throw a black layer on it in multiply and play around with the opacity of the layer.)

Comment

Working...
            X