Heretic II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heretic II

Anyone here like Heretic II? Playing it online? I can guide you.
    But most of them i am dreaming to take heretic2 source code.
    It possible in anyways? Why Raven Software released everything about heretic's & hexen's except heretic2 .
    Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
    Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
    HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
    HeXen II Files - under development
    Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
    hexen2 ftp
    hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Maybe because Heretic 2 was published by Activision, while previous titles werenīt...
    I like Heretic 2, it wasnīt as good as its predecessors, but enjoyable.

Comment

Did you play it online?
      hexen2 ftp

Comment

played it sp but didn't get far before i got bored, bit like with the hexen series...

Comment

Lets create Petition for releasing heretic2 source code. I want it very much. )))
          hexen2 ftp

Comment

Heretic II was a good game. I wasn't as much a fan of it for the third person perspective, and i overall liked Hexen 2 much better, but never the less it was
            still a quality game from Raven.

I wish they would make new installments of HeXen and heretic. And if they do,
            they should stay as they are, and require actual thought to complete some of the puzzles.

wouldn't the Heretic II source code just be a modified version of Quake II's source?

Comment

Well, no I have never played it online...
              I would like to see some community work for Heretic 2 either, but I donīt believe the source will ever be released. I have seen more petitions for games with larger community without result.

Comment

I liked Heretic II, but for me it was sadly a letdown to the Heretic series. It never had that Hexen/Heretic feel to it like its predecessors did and it wasn't as good. I hope Raven Software makes another Hexen or another Heretic which actually has the feel to it and as good.

Comment

Heretic 2 is based on heavy modified Quake II engine, in past Heretic II community has many members, a really big community, bigger than predecessors. Now i cant say exactly where are they, or another fans? I have many many addons for Heretic II, not all but much. =), And with some hacking and config modifications, i had very awesome results, and i see if i (or some one else) modify source code/write source ports it game become very very beautiful/amazing/awesome, or what i need to say more? Just Heretic II need more enhancements today since release.
                  hexen2 ftp

Comment

What sucked the most about Heretic II is the stupid third person mode.

Comment

Maybe, but for me it friendly, i am played it online so much. For first times third person for me is to bad. I know how to make it FPS, but not completely, until change source.
                      hexen2 ftp

Comment

Yes, there is the way to make it from the first person perspective, but you wonīt see the weapon, so that is the reason I played it from the third person, also fighting with staff must have been weird.

As I already said in another thread, Heretic 2 had the best graphics and desing of all Heretic/Hexen games, I played it few months back and was looking for some graphical enhancements, but then I realised, that it doesnīt necessarily need it. Maybe just textures with higher resolution.

What I didnīt like about Heretic 2, as Christopher mentioned, was that it didnīt have the right feel. Silverspring with those swamps were OK, really good atmosphere, but the rest was...I mean it had great design and gameplay experience, but those monsters were strange, what happened to maulotaur? All the monsters were slim reptiles or insects, no dark wizards or brutes, no large levels with plenty of monsters where you canīt just walk everywhere you want, what was essential for old Heretic.(The Ice Grotto, Graveyard, Halls of Fear, Castle of Grief or Heresiarchīs Seminary in Hexen)

Comment

WhiteMagicRaven wrote:
                          Heretic 2 is based on heavy modified Quake II engine, in past Heretic II community has many members, a really big community, bigger than predecessors. Now i cant say exactly where are they, or another fans?
                          Here they are gathering (hidden from the rest of the world)

Malaclypse23 just released his Textures and Maps.

Be sure to use the widescreen fix for all your slim 26'' panels.
                          Last edited by Seven; 12-03-2010, 02:04 PM.

Comment

good game, since I like 3rd person I found it enjoyable, but the level design was a bit uninteresting in places and some monsters were... crappy.

The core is good though. Playing through the demo is kinda fun, I recommend checking it out.

Quake 2 engine, yeah, just like a host of good or mediocre games - Kingpin, SiN, Daikatana, etc.
                            Scout's Journey
                            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Originally posted by Seven View Post

Be sure to use the widescreen fix for all your slim 26'' panels.
                              Link to the widescreen fix in raven forums is not working.Someone know the mirror?

Comment

Working...
                              X