Battlefield Play4Free

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield Play4Free

Just got ma beta code and registered ! Anyone else?

I own BC2. No need for the same game with BF2 maps.
    I'll check it out, though. Maybe it'll have something neat.

Comment

Has heaps of problems with the game, it's in closed beta stage.

Comment

Is it a browser game or downloadable? If it's browser I don't think I even want to try it. Browser video games are a bad idea.

Comment

No, you download the game through a browser, and you click the "Play Now" on the site to play it, then it opens up an executable. None of that flash player bullshit or anything, and you need a code to get access the the beta.

Comment

Just played about an hour of it, laggy as FUCK!

Comment

Looks like BF2 with BC2 graphics and other things. Kind of cool as even though i liked

BC2 i hated how consolified it was. BF2 was way better in every way. Though I'd need

to see some new features, to give me a reason why we shouldn't just go play BF2 - If

its the same game with new weapons, there ain't much a point.

And if there are no jets, there DEFINITELY is not any point - but they showed one in

the trailer so I imagine that's not a problem.

Comment

I played some BC2 today with some friends. It is consolized but I like it more than BF2. It just feels right. I can see how it's kind of a piss on the original BF2 players but that particular market has grown smaller and they need new business, they cannot survive without 'consolizing' the game a tad bit.

Granted I never liked any of the previous BF's that much. I've always liked Quake, Half-Life, etc so much more. I'm just now really getting into war games that involve heavy teamwork (call of duty believe it or not is one, when playing on pc in comps, anyways). I hope Battlefield 3 takes it up several notches; Now that BC2 has interested me in these types of games.

Comment

<--- active BF 2142 player
                  <--- rare BF2 player.... including StatiC

Have not tried this BF version yet
                  Some play to remember...
                  Some play to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by bFeared View Post
                    I played some BC2 today with some friends. It is consolized but I like it more than BF2. It just feels right. I can see how it's kind of a piss on the original BF2 players but that particular market has grown smaller and they need new business, they cannot survive without 'consolizing' the game a tad bit.

Granted I never liked any of the previous BF's that much. I've always liked Quake, Half-Life, etc so much more. I'm just now really getting into war games that involve heavy teamwork (call of duty believe it or not is one, when playing on pc in comps, anyways). I hope Battlefield 3 takes it up several notches; Now that BC2 has interested me in these types of games.
                    Idk, BC2 has good gunplay, but BF2 everything else is better. The squad system in BC2 is a joke - in BF2 the squad and commander system even made simple games more teamwork based, with the commander dropping supplies, artillery support, and giving orders to squad leaders, who would then relay it to their squad. BC2's squad system allowed us to...spawn on our teammates and give orders that nobody actually hears because the voice is too low, and half the time you're on a team that doesn't even speak english so

And the vehicles are way better in BF2 - especially the planes (since BC2 has no planes) and the helicopters - BC2s driving physics seem messed up for air vehicles - they are better than the beta, but not as fluid as BF2s vehicles.

Not to say BC2 is bad at all, just not as good as it could have been.
                    Quake and half-life are very different from BF games, BF2 is probably what got me interested in more "realistic" shooters since at the time, it was the best of its kind, and they stressed teamwork so much - and actually had a system that worked on a large scale.

I wasn't a fan of BF1942 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot View Post
                      Idk, BC2 has good gunplay, but BF2 everything else is better. The squad system in BC2 is a joke - in BF2 the squad and commander system even made simple games more teamwork based, with the commander dropping supplies, artillery support, and giving orders to squad leaders, who would then relay it to their squad. BC2's squad system allowed us to...spawn on our teammates and give orders that nobody actually hears because the voice is too low, and half the time you're on a team that doesn't even speak english so

And the vehicles are way better in BF2 - especially the planes (since BC2 has no planes) and the helicopters - BC2s driving physics seem messed up for air vehicles - they are better than the beta, but not as fluid as BF2s vehicles.

Not to say BC2 is bad at all, just not as good as it could have been.
                      Quake and half-life are very different from BF games, BF2 is probably what got me interested in more "realistic" shooters since at the time, it was the best of its kind, and they stressed teamwork so much - and actually had a system that worked on a large scale.

I wasn't a fan of BF1942 though.
                      That wasn't really the point I was making. BC2 makes a good gateway to BF3. It get's people understanding the basics, so when they start throwing slightly more advanced mechanics at you, you won't be confused to all hell.

Now just to hope BF3 is more advanced than BF2.
                      Oh and yeah helicopter control blows in BC2. I will agree that BF2 does it much better.

Comment

This shit sucks, QUAKE Rock's!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyZ52Ea3y-s]YouTube - ºColombiAºGameRºPrOº »Quake1996« Par 1 FIN[/ame]

Comment

I'm sure most of us are well aware that quake does rock

Comment

You don't need to remind us, we already know.

Comment

Quake fuckin' blows. The game looks like it was made in 1996 or somethin'.
                              ...Srsly. Halo is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X