QUANREAL and UQUAKE: Quakish Ideas From UNREAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FighterForJustice View Post
    QUANREAL was meant as a combination of QUAKE and UNREAL. The Qu'ran nothing to do with the title. If you like, it could be QUNREAL instead.
    Are you serious? What a shit name.

Comment

Originally posted by FighterForJustice View Post
      QUANREAL was meant as a combination of QUAKE and UNREAL. The Qu'ran nothing to do with the title. If you like, it could be QUNREAL instead.
      i know, im just being impossibru

Comment

Are you serious? What a shit name.
        I'll take that as a compliment, Christopher.

i know, im just being impossibru
        It's good to know that you've got a humorous streak, mechsteekle.

As for the rest of the discussion, SETTLE DOWN PEOPLE! I didn't mean to cause conflicts in this topic! It wasn't meant for textual deathmatch! It was meant to be a base for my reverence for UNREAL and make-believe modification ideas centered around UNREAL and QUAKE 1. Any ideas can be discussed in QUAKE ONE, but not ideas that are harmful to others. I didn't mean to cause any fights. I just wanted to discuss mod ideas.

Comment

Someone attempted to do a Quake mod inspired by DOOM. It's incomplete, but its approach sounds similar to what I was thinking of for make-believe UNREAL modfor QUAKE.

Your Path of Destruction (YPOD) is a Quake1 TC converting it into Doom1/2/+
          Found it on the Terminus site. I don't believe it was completed, but it's an impressive project nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
            OK, in that case I'm sorry but it sounded a lot like certain comments I've heard about female player sounds. There are quite some douchebags out there.
            It's alright man, I just get annoyed when people assume things too quickly.

I apologize for snapping at you as well

Comment

I'm glad peace is made between our slipgate rangers,

Back on topic, I recall that the AI programmer for UNREAL started with the Reaper Bots for QUAKE, which was how he got the job for Epic Games. I read in one of the mod categories that Reaper Bots, though groundbreaking for the time, were topped by other more convincing AI bot mods.

What were the latest AI programs for QUAKE 1? Can they be utilized to create UNREAL-like AI behaviors?

Comment

frikbots

Comment

Working...
                X