Heretic II cooperative

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heretic II cooperative

My friend and I just beat Heretic 1 (ridiculously fast btw, took us less than 20 minutes to beat the last 2 episodes) and since we played Hexen in sequence, we figured we'd play Heretic in sequence as well - so we installed heretic and loaded up a coop server...

...and i have to say so far its fucking fantastic. I was never a fan of Heretic II myself because I don't care for 3rd person but It's just so much fun in coop, and the 3rd person is very fluid and well done. Story seems decent so far, and a little interesting tidbit, but we started a coop server and It actually made one of us the normal main char corvus, and the other player is a girl.

Seems like a lot of older games have good coop support.

Oh the classics had great co-op. Personally I find basically all games should have co-op. Pissed me off that in Black Ops it's absent. Most modern games would work co-op great but they just don't bother.

Comment

Yeah, It seems like all the old games before half-life had good coop. Doom, Heretic, Hexen, Duke Nukem, and Quake to name a few. So far I've played Coop in the Hexen series, and just started heretic II (although my friend doesn't seem to like it that much). I've only played Doom 3 coop, and I've still got Doom 1/2, Quake 1/2, and Duke Nukem 3D to go. It's gonna suck ass when we run out of old classics to play though

Comment

I am playing Heretic II online too, if you play whenever you can invite me, if you allow.
        Hexen:Edge of Chaos: News - my most awaiting game
        Qtracker - for easy searching of Quake and HeXen II servers
        HeXen II: All Source Ports List - i am collecting everything for HeXen II
        HeXen II Files - under development
        Me at Facebook - want play hexen2 multiplayer write me
        hexen2 ftp
        hexen2 maps, mods, addons, etc, torrent

Comment

Yes, i played Heretic 2 before, but also played cooperative with a friend, for it was his first Heretic 2 experience. Awesome and simple!

Comment

Working...
          X