Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PC,2PLAYER,1PC,SPLITSCREEN or SHAREDSCREEN !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC,2PLAYER,1PC,SPLITSCREEN or SHAREDSCREEN !!!

Anyone care to help me compile a list of "2 Player" games for PC, that are able to utilize TWO gamepads. I've been aiming to get more gaming with my kids,and knowing your options is good stuff to know!!!

Games that I know are "2 Player", using TWO USB Game Pads.

-Street Fighter 4 (FN EPIC,nothing makes more ragequits than playing SF4)

-Lego Star Wars II,The Original Trilogy.(no ragequits here,friendly gameplay)

-Split/Second (Supposedly "2 Player" split screen.I can program controllers,but using them is a fail at all turns. FML, good game gone down the drain for 2 player possibilities.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light. Made for coop, but the kids may be too young for this? I know my little sister played Tomb Raider when she was like 9, glued to the screen from excitement

2 controllers or controller / mouse-keyboard, as far as I know. It's a puzzler - platformer - fighter in isometric (diablo-like) perspective.

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

I've read a lot of really enthusiastic reviews, haven't bought it yet because I have no one to play 2-controller coop with. It should rock though.

Another idea is to install a Playstation or gamecube emulator and buy old PSX etc. games from ebay. These emulators are pretty good and usually support two gamepads. I can recommend this solution, I have a PSX and SNES emulator installed myself and play several old games. PSX games are usually made for coop.

Still another old game that would allow you to play one-player-at-a-time is Dino Crisis 2, which has two protagonists who are controlled alternately for short stretches of the game. This would allow Dad to have a coffee and watch while it's the young one's turn. There's a PC version.

From my personal experience, a great type of multiplayer game is fighting games, like Tekken, where up to six players could use the two controllers in rounds.

Driving games are also good to play with / against each other with 2 controllers. Stuff like Ridge Racer, but also Mario Kart.

Finally, the one game that I used to play with my sister the most was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, again taking turns at the controller and trying to out-highscore and out-trick each other. Another old game.
    Last edited by golden_boy; 01-10-2011, 08:28 AM.
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Whats wrong with you? Everyone knows Ikari Warriors is THE best 2 player game in all 5 sides of this dimension boi! Get your mind right!

Contra was the baby of Ikari Warriors! Mind right!
      Last edited by Phenom; 01-10-2011, 10:21 AM.
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Gunstar Heroes and Zombies Ate my Neighbors - nuff said

Comment

Working...
        X