Battlefield 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 3

The long awaited sequel to Battlefield 2. Yes, it's a sequel to a PC game. Yes, it has 64 players on PC only, jets, and proning.

Here's some gameplay, looks very impressive
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA378g_gD1I]YouTube - Battlefield 3: Official Fault Line Gameplay Trailer[/ame]
    Notable things are the graphics, and notice how you can actually see the whole gun, unlike almost all console games? (which is more like real life btw) Also how the headbob is very minimal, its not overdone.

The first GP trailer
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wi2tae2PmmU]YouTube - Battlefield 3 Premiere Gameplay Trailer[/ame]

DICE is the first developer I've seen in a long time to do this, focus more on the PC version and show it off and advertise it first over the console versions.

Also will have even more destruction than Bad Company 2, supposedly in MP you will be able to demolish huge buildings

I don't care that much for war shooters, but the BF series has always been exceptional, and my all time favorite MP game is BF2, so I'll be keeping an eye out for this.

Whoa! I liked BF2, didn't like BF2124 near as much as BF2, but this looks sweet!

"I'm fvcked up but im up!" lol
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I don't like Battlefield 2 and never tried BF2124, BF 3 is taking on a more of a Call of Duty look, BF 0 - CoD 5 flawless victory!

This is that I'm looking forward to, gonna have to buy a Ps3 just to play this game. Ps3 gets Kratos, Xbox gets nothig. Ps3 5 - Xbox 0
      [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbwALe_qBaY]YouTube - Mortal Kombat 9 - Kratos | story trailer [HD] OFFICIAL Trailer MK9 (2011)[/ame]

Comment

WTF Kratos in Moral Kombat? Thats just wacky!
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          WTF Kratos in Moral Kombat? Thats just wacky!
          Kratos is a beast cant wait to see his Fatality, I once got a 86 hit combo in god of war 2 and that was the only time I played any god of war game.

Comment

not to derail the topic and this will be my last post on this subject (MK + Kratos)

Yes Kratos is definitely awesome...
            But MK has been true to its origins and characters since the beginning and seeing Kratos in a MK game tells me many things...

The MK franchise is starting to crack.

The MK + Kratos worlds are starting to run our of ideas and get wacky/fruity

Kratos fvcked up the rules of Mortal Kombat, you fight, if you win you get to kill the opponent. Scorpion & sub Zero are "The most formidable foes" in almost any game in existance. Scorpion finally gets the chance for revenge and Kratos steals that chance, for what and why?

I say if Kratos were to be in a MK game it shouldn't be like... "MK 9 all the players you love and badass graphi... OMFG ITS KRATOS WHATS HE DOING!? OMG HE JUST KILLED SUB ZERO STEALING SCORPIONS SWEET SWEET REVENGE!!! OMG NOW KRATOS AND SCORPION ARE FACING OFF!!!! WHATS GUNNA HAPPEN NEXT!!!!!? Lets watch Q_Q"

Seriously? That just doesn't flow to well with me how they introduced him and he will probably turn out to be a mundane character to play or have some "cheap moves" I think.

I heard rumors that the XBox360 owners will have a "special character" available but I hope it doesn't go down like Sony did it for MK9.

This is Mortal Kombat! Not Marvel vs DC Universe! (Though I like that game too)

Kratos needs to stick with killing gods (Though he killed them all already right?). Maybe Kratos's life in GOW has ran dry and now Sony is pimping out their sooo kew kew character to other franchises which to me (to be honest) is corny as fvck, yet still cool at the same time.

I'm an Xbox360 owner (owned a PS3 for 1 day awhile back then returned it dew to lack of content).

Kratos won't make me buy a PS3 especially since Gear of war 3 is right around the corner. I don't care how many gods he kills.

PS3'ers can keep Kratos, I just want my Mortal Kombat. If I want to play as Kratos I'll pop in my GOW2 cd and play as Kratos where he belongs.
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Comment

Ya well they only put Kratos on the ps3 and the xbox 360, the 360 is not getting any extra characters. The MK series ran out of ideas a long time ago, the last true MK game was MORTAL KOMBAT TRILOGY and every game since then has been shit. This game is the one that's gonna take MK back to what made it a great game, kinda like what Street Fighter 4 did for the SF franchise.

Ya well to stay on topic BF sucks! I regret spending $5 on BF2 during the holiday sale on steam.

Comment

BF 3 got my GPU shakin in its bootieZ !

i really got to upgrade already..........
                i love the way that BF is played..
                SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                  I don't like Battlefield 2 and never tried BF2124, BF 3 is taking on a more of a Call of Duty look, BF 0 - CoD 5 flawless victory!
                  I don't really see any correlation to cod except for the fact that this is single player footage that looks linear. That's not taking the cod route, that's taking the almost-every game on the market route.

In case you haven't noticed, BF is the main contender to cod. The reason for that is that it the exact opposite of CoD in multiplay. Bad Company's campaign sucked ass, but all battlefield games are still MP games, despite however much of the sp they might advertise, because DICE only really knows how to make mp games.

You don't like them, that's fine. But I wouldn't compare them to CoD because they aren't alike in any way other than the fact that they are modern military shooters.

Comment

modern military shooters are the new world war two shooters

Comment

Yep.

Comment

Originally posted by AAA View Post
                        I regret spending $5 on BF2 during the holiday sale on steam.
                        NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!
                        dont say that !!!
                        my heart hurts now... ORBITAL STRIKE AT YOUR POSITION !!!
                        try operation flashpoint maybe
                        SURGEON GENERAL WARNING:
                        THE IMITATION OF ANY OR ALL MANEUVERS EXECUTED BY A BB2 H23A1 4WS PRELUDE IS HAZARDOUS TO YOUR CAR'S HEALTH. DRIVING A PRELUDE MAY CAUSE LOSS OF INTEREST IN OTHER CARS, WOMEN AND SPEED LIMITS. OTHER SYMPTOMS INCLUDE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS, COLD SWEATS AND OTHER SYMPTOMS RELATED TO ADDICTION. IF THE SYMPTOMS PERSIST,DRIVE!
                        sigpic

Comment

O ya and I also got a Beta Key for Battlefield Play4Free, another FAIL.

Comment

I agree with you on that, BF Play4Free is horrible. But I really don't see how you regret spending 5 bucks on BF2, that's like saying you regret playing the shareware version of Quake.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodshot View Post
                              I agree with you on that, BF Play4Free is horrible. But I really don't see how you regret spending 5 bucks on BF2, that's like saying you regret playing the shareware version of Quake.
                              Ill tell what, I got Gta4 with all the expansion packs (that's 3 games) for $10 and there is no way in hell BF2 is worth half that.
                              BF2 on steam is glitchiest games ever, its full or error messages, for one you cant have steam community (shift + tab) in game enabled just to name one, it gives an error message. Then again I don't like any of the new modern looking games besides CoD MW2, thats why I Quake.

Comment

Working...
                              X