Crysis, and a little project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crysis, and a little project

Besides working on Remake Quake, I've been doing this lately.

If someone likes Crysis, has Crysis installed and wants to run around in my WIP map, blow stuff up and rant to me about it, you're welcome to join this project as a playtester.

It's only a small map, a side project, and I'm thinking to make a miniseries of three small maps. An island map, a night level, and an ice/aliens map.

More shots at my blog,

spawnhost

gb
    Scout's Journey
    Rune of Earth Magic

I'm a noob to Crysis, I haven't even played Crysis 1, I've only played the Crysis 2 multiplayer demo and a bit of the leaked beta. Nice map by the way.

Comment

At first I wasn't even very fond of Crysis, it seemed like stereotypical beach-and-jungle stuff like in Far Cry. The later levels of Crysis are *amazing* though. And I don't say that lightly.

It's a game worth sticking with, like I said I was disappointed at first (another beach, and another) but at about the fourth level, I was hooked, and by the sixth or seventh map it just blew me away.

If you can pick up Crysis for 10 bucks or so, I recommend it. And I run it on a 6600, so it doesn't necessarily need extreme hardware.

There is a standalone mission pack called Warhead; that one is also worth picking up, although if you have the choice go with the original Crysis, it is really good.

It may seem like some sort of stealth game at first, because using the nanosuit's Cloaking ability makes it tempting to hide from enemies. Trust me, it's not a stealth game. The shotgun is very good. ;-)

Even if this guy can't aim:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS5-ssA6El4&feature=related]YouTube - Crysis: Shotgun+Grenades (8800 Ultra)[/ame]

This is towards the end.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lb5m6n0OAds&feature=related]YouTube - Crysis: Exodus[/ame]

Great game.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

i have crysis:warhead, can I test?
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I personally thought crysis was a great game, but i prefer the earlier missions to the later ones, because the earlier ones give you more tactical options. The zero-G mission, however, amazed me. I wish more games did that total descent-like freedom of movement in a zero-g environment.

The Crysis editor is one of the most amazing editors I have ever learned. Sure it is possible to make regular jungles and stuff, but a lot of people don't realize how creative you can be with it.

For example, this is one of my Crysis MP maps - i pretty much finished it, but never released it:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBChb6kxKuw]YouTube - Crysis - Gateway to Na Pali flyby HD[/ame]

Personally, I don't think i will shell out the cash for Crysis 2 if it doesn't come with an editor. Crysis 1's worth was so much more to me for coming with an editor. It just wouldn't be the same if they leave that out.

I'm on my laptop now, but when i get on my desktop, I'll be glad to test your maps

Comment

That's awesome Bloodshot! Release it o_O

Mindz: not sure, but you can try.

I want to put a couple more trees in - just installed a crapload of community made tree packs - and I'm in the process of making it into a mod, for ease of installation.

Then I'll start putting download links in blog updates, I'm so used to have other people play my WIP levels (in rmq) that I'm not bothered by linking them.

Thanks for testing offers, you can never have too many testers.

Indeed, Sandbox is an awesome editor, kids can make levels with it ;-)
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Oh man, that Unreal theme gets me in the gut every time. There's another old classic I gotta dig out again sometime soon.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MH View Post
                Oh man, that Unreal theme gets me in the gut every time. There's another old classic I gotta dig out again sometime soon.
                Glad I inspired you, that's what the map is based on (obviously )

Comment

Crysis 2 seems pretty fun.

Comment

Working...
                  X