New 360/PS3 Resident Evil game announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 360/PS3 Resident Evil game announced

Slant Six Games has thus far made its bread off of Sony's SOCOM: Navy SEALs franchise. However, last year word emerged that the studio may be branching out when Kotaku ran a rumor indicating that the studio was staffing up for Resident Evil: Raccoon City, a "team-based" spin-off for the franchise.

Now, it looks as if those rumors were well founded. Gaming website Stick Skills claims to have secured an advance copy of the May 2011 issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, within which are the first details on Slant Six's Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City. Stick Skills ran down the details from the story on its website and forwarded a photo of the periodical to Joystiq.

According to the website, Operation Raccoon City will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 this winter. It will reportedly be set in 1998, around the time of Umbrella's original T-virus outbreak. The squad-based shooter sees gamers assuming the role of one of four members in an Umbrella Security Services troupe.

A player's objective will reportedly be to cover up all evidence of the outbreak, indiscriminately killing zombies and survivors alike. However, not all humans will be easy prey, as the "three-corner conflict" reportedly sees gamers facing off against US Spec Ops.
    Source: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City infecting 360, PS3 - Report - News at GameSpot

Ghey. teambased-RE.

I'm sick of seeing this stuff happen to good games.

welcomtotheforums.
    Last edited by Phenom; 03-26-2011, 11:33 PM.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

HELL YEA BOI! BACK 2 ZOMBIES.

Although I'd rather play as one of the original characters and not some Umbrella gui.

Also, this is by far the best post on Q1.com, aside from one of Mark's.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
        Ghey. teambased-RE.

I'm sick of seeing this stuff happen to good games.

welcomtotheforums.
        Thanks for the warm welcome. This sounds more like Left 4 Dead than Resident Evil. Then again Resident Evil went downhill the second they released Resident Evil 4.

Comment

WUT! RE4 was fantastic and RE5 was more better. Alldoh they lost their 'roots' when those two came out.

Comment

Some one get the monkey ,its throwing feces on the new forum members!! (loldonged)
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
              Some one get the monkey ,its throwing feces on the new forum members!! (loldonged)
              Hmm. I was contributing to the topic of the original post. You on the other hand have contributed nothing. ironic, amirite/

I quite enjoy the RE series, dumbtard.

anyway, since you started it

i guez that is 1 new member. 99-199 to go hehe

(7000,0000 uneek visot0rz)

Comment

I enjoyed RE5 so much, I got stuck on the first level and didnt open it again,although maybe I should try it again since its still installed,and I love looking at CAPCOM logo's blazing across my PC... It evokes a sense of nostalgia for me. Same as seeing ATARI drop on my screen in "The Witcher" !!

that better wolvycakes
                Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

It's RE so I will be getting it.
                  I've enjoyed ALL of the RE games in every style they've done it in.
                  The "Tank Controls" in 1-3
                  The Third Person Shooter style in 4/5
                  The Third Person Shooter/First Person hybrid in Survivor/Survivor 2/Dead Aim
                  The Over the top in Gaiden (Gameboy Color)
                  Railshooter in Umbrella/Darkside Chronicles

so I will give this a try and buy

Comment

RE5 looks fantastic. I just think I didn't give it enough time, since it was the first RE I picked up and played since the PSone system.

Comment

RE5 is my favorite out of all of them.
                      I love the style of the originals MUCH better, however the Tank-Controls made their replayability next to nothing after unlocking everything.
                      RE5 I have EVERYTHING and I even have the Samurai Edge and Px4 unlocked which are Mercs only (had a friend mod my gamesave).
                      Although Px4 is Sheva only - Chris holds it like a Shotgun, Samurai Edge is Chris only as the same effect applys (Sheva holds it like a shotgun) lol.

Comment

Aww. Poor Mindzy. Didn't like my post so you erased it? Not uncommon around here.

Why don't all of you mods and admins just erase everything you don't like or that goes against you while you're at it. Go ahead, if it makes you feel just that tiny bit better at the end of the day.

KNOWLEDGE IS POWER!

Also, lol at Baker's attempt to stop me from registering with lol names. Wtf brah?

QUAKE EXPANSION 2011. GET IN THE GAME.

Comment

Working...
                        X