Brink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brink

How is there not a thread on this already?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-kVnw4RA80[/ame]
    Last edited by UnendingRequiem; 04-01-2011, 09:14 AM.

Nice trailer...
    Post-apocalyptic themes are all the rage recently. I guess Borderlands got out first, but with the climate of today's news events, it makes for compelling settings...
    Here's more info on the official website http://brinkthegame.com/gate/?request=%2F.
    I think it's only fitting that games take on a more concept art style as in the past, it's been concept art-esque leaning to realistic. The 'cartoon' look attracts more 12-16year old players (the ones with all the free time this summer), and also hides flaws in the limitations of the polycount of the models. If i wasnt mistaken this game looks like its running on the UT3 engine.
    Last edited by R00k; 04-01-2011, 11:27 AM.
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It's idtech4 IIRC.

It's done by the same guys who did Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. And if that is any measure, Brink ought to be great.
      Scout's Journey
      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

This trailer is old, this game was supposed to be out last September but the release got delayed. I think its coming out next month. Till then we got Crysis 2.

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
          Nice trailer...
          Post-apocalyptic themes are all the rage recently. I guess Borderlands got out first, but with the climate of today's news events, it makes for compelling settings...
          Here's more info on the official website Brink Official Site.
          I think it's only fitting that games take on a more concept art style as in the past, it's been concept art-esque leaning to realistic. The 'cartoon' look attracts more 12-16year old players (the ones with all the free time this summer), and also hides flaws in the limitations of the polycount of the models. If i wasnt mistaken this game looks like its running on the UT3 engine.
          12 year olds maybe. But 13-16? What teenager is interested in Western cartoons? Anime, maybe, but Spongebob Squarepants and what-not?

Comment

New gameplay trailer: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwdBXvWodis]YouTube - BRINK - Abilities Trailer: "Ready and Able"[/ame]

Comment

Looks good cant wait to play it

Comment

Yeah, looks like a more original version of ETQW.
                Scout's Journey
                Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Looks really good.. I wouldn't mind playing this at all.. I'm very hard pressed to buy games for Console.. I've had my ps3 for a while and only play NBA 2k11.. I'm not big on COD and such because new ones come out every year and it more or less plays the same with new maps / weapons / settings

I like games that force you to think/take action but are also FPS at the same time.. this looks like a good one

Comment

I think it's purely a team game, but ETQW had awesome bots so this one might as well.
                    Scout's Journey
                    Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Looks amazing.

Comment

So far the gameplay videos make Brink to look like a cross between Borderlands/Bulletstorm, Call of Duty, and Team Fortress 2. But I've recently heard some horrible news about it. I heard it will NOT have headshots, a global leaderboard system, or grenades that do any real damage. So far everyone is disappointed about this and many people have said that they are canceling their pre-orders and others said they won't even bother buying the game now. Are these horrible rumors true? I haven't found an official press release from Bethesda or Splash Damage confirming/denying yet. But if it is true, I probably won't buy this game.

Comment

all the "PAR KOR"" ????? Spell check ??? Kids are gonna go NUTS obviously.
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I heard they aren't going to have Quad Damage so, i guess you're right, it wont be a cross between Borderlands/Bulletstorm, Call of Duty, and Team Fortress 2
                            www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                            X