X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Warcraft Banned

"
    Greetings,

We have determined that the World of Warcraft account WoW1 has been accessed by someone not authorized to do so by the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (Blizzard Entertainment: World of Warcraft Terms of Use).

To protect your privacy and security, we have temporarily disabled this account. Any recurring subscriptions have been suspended to prevent further monetary charges. In order to regain access to the account, you must complete the steps below to secure the account and your computer.

Please keep this email for your reference until the account recovery process has been completed.

STEP 1: SECURE THE ACCOUNT, YOUR COMPUTER AND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS
    Account compromises most often occur when a player shares login information with an unauthorized third party or plays on a computer that has a virus, Trojan, or key-logger. We recommend you read and apply the following tips to protect yourself and the account.

- Computer Security: Blizzard Support
    - Battle.net Account Security: Blizzard Support
    - Email Address Security: Blizzard Support

STEP 2: RECOVER THE ACCOUNT
    We now provide a secure website for you to verify that you have taken the appropriate steps to secure the account, your computer, and your email address. Please go to this site and follow the instructions:
    Blizzard Support

STEP 3: VERIFY YOUR SUBMISSION WAS RECEIVED
    We will contact you with further instructions once we have received and processed your submission. If you do not receive a reply within 5 business days of submitting this form, please resend it from the address listed above.

Please be aware that if unauthorized access to this account continues after the recovery process is complete, it may lead to further action against the account.

Sincerely,

Alex C
    Account & Technical Services
    Blizzard Entertainment
    www.blizzard.com"

Blizzard security... what the fuck? So they're banning me because I was hacked. It should be the other way around, the guy who hacked me should be banned. And in their security bullshit they say "We'll never threaten you" yet I'm getting a form of threat saying my account will be permanently banned. Wonder how many players have been banned unfairly. Fuck, I'm not paying just to get banned.
    Permenantly banned
    11.11%
    Banned
    22.22%
    33.33%
    Never
    33.33%

Someone got caught trying to cheat

Follow the instructions, and don't cheat again!!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

There wasn't a "I don't play newb WoW" option so I didn't vote either

WoW SUCKS!!!

Sincerely,
      NetQuake Players
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

i had my WoW account stolen before and prior to it being stole I was constantly getting those emails... I called up WoW support and within 5 mins had my account back... Even though I haven't played in about 2 years heh
        QuakeOne.com
        Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
        Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
        Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I had a WoW account for a month 2yrs ago. Still to this very day I get this exact email. Got one today too. My account isn't banned though. If you reply to it, you will get a response telling you that is a spoofed email.

Comment

Wow total account fishing. Get screwed here, get your WoW account screwed here! Please relenquish all your Logins / Passwords, so that we can auction off your shit at bargain low prices!!! Be the next Victim !!!! OOF ~!!!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US hax !! 2 the MAX !!!

Comment

'It should be the other way around, the guy who hacked me should be banned'
              The guy who hacked you probably doesn't even 'own' a legit acount. They have banned the account that the guy uses, exactly as you suggest.

more seriously, anyone that knows someone that plays it who's email got hacked will find themselves getting emails 20 times a month that look somewhat like that. Generally written in chinglish, though a few can be in other chilanguages... Check the links by copying the link locations to notepad, you get some nice .ch domains.

if you can still log in, ignore it.

I gather they use some sort of geolocation database. If you move too far away, say to a different isp, then they'll just ban you on a whim, and its possible you've not actually been hacked. The strong wording is just a desperate attempt to scare you into not being generous with your stuff.
              Some Game Thing

Comment

It's not a fishing email, it had the official emails battle.net and blizzard.com.

Comment

It is phishing. Reply to it and watch the response you get. Spoofing a email can be done in command prompt VERY easily.

Comment

Blizzard Support
                    How to detect a phishing email from Blizzard and a snippet from it:

So, if the sending address of an email is showing as @blizzard.com or @battle.net, then the email is definitely legitimate?

Actually, no. Even if you receive an email from an @blizzard.com or an @battle.net address, it's still important to remain cautious. This is because it's possible to change how a sending address appears in the "From" field of an email. The process is known as "spoofing" and may cause a phishing email to initially look like it's been sent by Blizzard Entertainment. To determine the actual sending address of an email, you will need to check the email's header information.

Comment

For example, I have one that even with the RIGHT headers - it appears 100% legit. Takes me to:
                      Battle.net Account Login

Appears legit too
                      however doing a "whois" on that domain:

Registrant:
                      Organization : li xiaolong
                      Name : li xiaolong
                      Address : dalianshikaifaqu
                      City : dalian
                      Province/State : dalian
                      Postal Code : 112300

Administrative Contact:
                      Phone Number : 86-10-81234567
                      Fax : 86-10-81234567
                      Email : [email protected]

Technical Contact:

Billing Contact:

That's NOT Blizzard.

Comment

That email is fake. I've gotten that exact same one myself. How do I know it's fake?
                        A) my accounts are suspended and unpaid for
                        B) my battle.net account wasn't even linked to the email address they sent that email to. If Blizzard really wanted to tell me something via email, they would have sent it to the email my account is linked to.

Comment

It's not fake, I sent them a message asking why I was banned then they replied.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
                            It's not fake, I sent them a message asking why I was banned then they replied.

Comment

I lol'd, you retarded? I sent them message on blizzard.com, through the support page and they answered. It's not a fake email, they say they'll only even use blizzard.com or battle.net as their email.

Comment

Working...
                              X