Where to find JDoom/Doomsday....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to find JDoom/Doomsday....

Where to find THE MOST complete Jdoom/Doomsday compilation with ALL the most recent monsters, weapons, charset, hud, skies, textures, lightning and fog (especially these) etc.... A version similar to DoomRemake but updated I mean. It seems impossible to find

Sorry for double posting! Delete the other please!

Comment

There is no official compilation as far is i know, DoomRemake was illegal, used a lot of content from a lot of different authors without any permissions. And a lot of people where very angry and forced the guy who put it together to take it offline which he did.

Anyway, you can get the latest resource packs, effects, huds, music, etc... here:
      Doomsday Addons

You can get the latest Doomsday bi-weekly builds here:
      Doomsday Engine Builds

Another place to look for addons is here:
      jDoom Addons
      jHeretic Addons
      jHexen Addons

Also Seven made a nice all-in-one pack of the latest addons for jHeretic and jHexen which can be found here:
      Heretic1 + Hexen1

Good luck with compiling your own favorite addons in Doomsday. I use it to play Heretic and Hexen, for Doom i use Risen3D for various reasons.
      Last edited by Spinvis; 06-15-2011, 11:54 AM.
      FPS Source Ports

Comment

Thank you for the reply. DoomRemake used nice fog and lightning effects. Where I can find them?

Comment

Originally posted by IronWarfare View Post
          Thank you for the reply. DoomRemake used nice fog and lightning effects. Where I can find them?
          Yup, true that, what you can do is copy the fog and lightning effect .ded files from DoomRemake, to your new Doomsday installation. You will have to search for it probably to find the right ones, maybe even tweak them a little (you can open them in notepad) once you have found and tried them, but it is worth the effort.

Like for example, copy the BAM-teleport-fx.ded from the DoomRemake folder (search for it, don't know the exact location of where it is stored) to <whatever drive you installed Doomsday>\Doomsday\Defs\jDoom\Auto. That way the .ded and all the effects in it are automatically loaded when starting Doom.

I did the same (in Risen3D) with BAM-teleport-fx, barrel explosion effects, bloody effects, and the BAM plasma explosions, all found in DoomRemake, and it works perfectly. I did however copied and pasted certain sections of .ded files found in DoomRemake and created my own versions of it. But like i said before, it is worth the effort.

I hope these instructions are clear enough for you.
          Last edited by Spinvis; 06-15-2011, 10:02 AM.
          FPS Source Ports

Comment

Yes, now I try them. They work also for Risen3d right? Because I've just tried Risen3d and it's better than Doomsday. How do I install those effects to Risen3d? Which folder?
            Last edited by IronWarfare; 06-15-2011, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Yes, now I try them. They work also for Risen3d right? Because I've just tried Risen3d and it's better than Doomsday. How do I install those effects to Risen3d? Which folder?
              For Risen3D you place them <whatever drive you installed Risen3D>\Risen3D\Defs\Custom

Then once you start Risen3D and are in the launcher go to Models tab. There you have a Custom Definitions field. Here you can add/remove custom .ded files. Just click on the Add button and select them so that they get added. Then in Risen3D make sure they are selected, the ones that are selected have a V in front of them. Start playing and enjoy. Maybe you need to manually tweak some effects to your liking, or in order to work (highly unlikely), but that shouldn't be hard.
              FPS Source Ports

Comment

Don't work

Comment

The effects don't work or you get error messages when trying to load up Doom in Risen3D?
                  FPS Source Ports

Comment

The effects, I see a barely noticeable small green fog, instead of big white fog of DoomRemake

Comment

The effects, I see a barely noticeable small green fog, instead of big white fog of DoomRemake
                      You've got a PM.
                      FPS Source Ports

Comment

Ok, i quickly looked at it and i have got it to work via the .ded file, but i also have got it to work inside Risen3D, its much easier, bring up the console by pressing the tilde ( ` ) key, then type in: fog set map

You can also type in fog set outside to only get outside fog.

That should do the trick. If you want to edit the .ded file you have a lot of work to do. Almost all the values have changed. Here is my test .ded file for episode 1, map 1, for Doom 1:

# jDoom Maps
                        # Need help with DED syntax? See DEDDoc.txt.

Header { Version = 5; }

Map Info {
                        ID = "E1M1";
                        Name = "E1M1: Hangar";
                        Author = "id Software";
                        Flags = "mif_fogexp";
                        Fog color R = 191;
                        Fog color G = 191;
                        Fog color B = 191;
                        Fog start = 0;
                        Fog end = 5000;
                        Fog density = 0.00015;
                        };
                        }
                        FPS Source Ports

Comment

It doesn't show

Comment

Are you trying it via the .ded file or via the command? If you are trying the .ded file open up notepad, copy and paste the following:

# jDoom Maps
                            # Need help with DED syntax? See DEDDoc.txt.

Header { Version = 5; }

Map Info {
                            ID = "E1M1";
                            Author = "id Software";
                            Flags = "mif_fogexp";
                            Fog color R = 191;
                            Fog color G = 191;
                            Fog color B = 191;
                            Fog start = 0;
                            Fog end = 5000;
                            Fog density = 0.0015;
                            };
                            }

Save the file for example as fogtest.ded, place it in the \Risen3D\Defs\Custom folder, remove or disable Maps_fog.ded in Risen3D, add and enable fogtest.ded. Try again.
                            FPS Source Ports

Comment

Before i forget, this example only works in Doom 1, episode 1, map 1, so if you are trying in Doom 2 then you will need to change the values of:

ID = "E1M1";

To:

ID = "MAP01";
                              Name = "Level 1: Entryway";
                              FPS Source Ports

Comment

Working...
                              X