X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSJC's Twin pistols for zDooM

Behold:

Pistols2.zip
    this mod changes your changun for a pair of pistols.

pic
    start with one, find another and use both!

why? well, I always found the DooM chaingun to be such an underwhelming weapon in-game for such a fantastic source of devastation in real-life.
    it just doesn't do it for me the way the chaingun does in later releases like quakeII, remember how awesome that was? then compare it to DooM's chaingun, which is basically just a doublespeed version of the pistol. then a thought struck me, make it just that!

At first i thought it might be a little odd to see chaingunguys dropping pistols on-death but if you look at the death-animation of the chaingunguy, his chaingun drops to his side as part of his sprite and he drops a chaingun, so efectively drops two!
    so in effect, in this mod, its as if you are grabbing his sidearm.
    another thing is, the whole gun makes more sense this way, the pistol/chaingun sound match perfectly and the ingame effect feels better; just twice as much pistol!

the standard frames were not quite realistic enough though so I modified the pistol from mutiny.wad, changing the muzzleflash back to the classic doom red shade.
    With this in mind, as well as the dual-pistols, I have included this pistol skin too in order that consistancy is true.
    as a final touch I've replaced the pick-up srite to a pistol too, completing the effect.

so, say goodbye to your chaingun and enjoy your new pistols!

regards
    Latchford
    Last edited by osjclatchford; 11-12-2011, 06:56 AM.
Working...
X