Aliens: Colonial Marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aliens: Colonial Marines

I really, really hope this game is good (one month away! woot!). They show a 360 controller several times in the video...which makes me a little nervous. All I want is a solid PC game...please...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vzvi2qtVMA]Aliens: Colonial Marines Making Of - Dev Diary 1 - YouTube[/ame]
    www.youtube.com/user/KillPixel

hmm, what did they use the Quake4 engine?
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Where's the Predator?

Originally posted by R00k View Post
      hmm, what did they use the Quake4 engine?
      They tested it out in AVP.

Comment

Just going to be based on Xenomorph's, which is cool. The sound of approaching Aliens "blip" noise is epic. Really sets the mood
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What sets the mood for me is Arnold or some other 8-10 foot beast kicking ass and taking numbers (I mean skulls).

Comment

Danny Glover was the shit in Pred2, just thought I'd say that.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

ya thats a different movie, and ALIENS. When I looked at the screenshot its kinda looked too bright for me. ALIENS reminds me more of D00M3, or vise versa, as for the lighting. Who knows the gameplay might kick ass
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

It looks like a COD clone in space. I saw you can melee Aliens with assault rifle and it won't do you any harm...
                Last edited by _Smith_; 01-15-2013, 03:41 PM.
                Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

You can melee aliens in the movies and it won't hurt you either, like how Vasquez KICKED an alien in the FACE to push it against a wall.

In AvP 2010, it was bad - this game lets you push aliens back slightly with a melee, AvP 2010 let you KNOCK THEM DOWN, which was retarded.

A:CM looks a lot better then the previous game, and I'm so glad it's Aliens without the "Vs Predator"

Comment

Aliens: Colonial Marines - Kickass Trailer | Gametrailers

And I thought, that E3 gameplay footage was dumb...
                    Quake HD: Embrace the decline and have some guilty pleasure with it, or join a club for monocled gentlemen at quaddicted and play Quake the way it's meant to be played.

Comment

fuck some fanboyism,we got hateboyism here brah.

Originally posted by Smith
                      I saw you can melee Aliens with assault rifle and it won't do you any harm...
                      yeah because obv using an assault rifle as a melee weapon will instantly equate you being hurt.

This game will probably rock some Xenophage Ass, and look dick-all like Call of Duty

Comment

I think it will be pretty good. if the game is a decent fps and can properly recreate the "alien" atmosphere, Ill be satisfied!
                        My Avatars!
                        Quake Leagues
                        Quake 1.5!!!
                        Definitive HD Quake

Comment

I thought that the whole point of an Alien as a threat, is to don't allow it to get you. Because if it gets you, you are done.
                          It looked very lore unfriendly to me, but I didn't like “Aliens” that much and forgot it. So, I was wrong and it is true to the source material.
                          When I think Alien, I think about 1 and 3 mostly, less about Starship Troopers bug hunt.

Meh, I am just disappointed, that almost every big budged shooter game today is basically the same game.
                          The one I was done with after COD2. It was looking for years like Colonial Marines was going to be something fresh.

The final judgement should be reserved for a release, I guess.
                          This trailer does not inspire confidence, though. I sure would like to get to play a decent Aliens game.

Comment

It covers pretty much the atmosphere of the original ALIENS movie. ALIENS is the best part of the series in my opinion. I'll have a look at it as soon as it is out.

Comment

Originally posted by _Smith_ View Post
                              I thought that the whole point of an Alien as a threat, is to don't allow it to get you. Because if it gets you, you are done.
                              It looked very lore unfriendly to me, but I didn't like “Aliens” that much and forgot it. So, I was wrong and it is true to the source material.
                              When I think Alien, I think about 1 and 3 mostly, less about Starship Troopers bug hunt.

Meh, I am just disappointed, that almost every big budged shooter game today is basically the same game.
                              The one I was done with after COD2. It was looking for years like Colonial Marines was going to be something fresh.

The final judgement should be reserved for a release, I guess.
                              This trailer does not inspire confidence, though. I sure would like to get to play a decent Aliens game.
                              Games are just like cars -n- trucks. All have wheels but are not the same, don't hate them because they all have wheels bro.

IMO the only games worth anything, are the ones you the individual find fun and entertainment in , like Quake1 hee hee.

Comment

Working...
                              X