No announcement yet.

Imma make my own Q1 site cuz I'm ban3d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MadGypsy, I'm really I'm thankful we have members like you here.

A person of knowledge, who doesn't walk away from a hard mess, if anything they find a way to make a bridge out of jello.

I can see someone like that making their own working community... Not some low life who was good at MP Quake, It really seems like that site is trying to help the admin lick their deep wounds from becoming a "QuakeOne.com admin victim".

Look at Solecord, he's not even close to the best Quaker (and never was) but he can pull respect where it counts and make positive sh!t happen, I respect that. There's also sense of vision I get from a lot of people on these forums almost to many to name them all but there are a lot of really great people who do a lot of hard work just to help the guy/gal who should be learning the stuff not have to worry about "the bullsh!t".

To me there is no other QuakeOne.com website, never was and never will be, this place is special even if only 5 people still play online.

*Salute*
    To the great men and woman (boys & girls too) who make this site great!

Thanks for helping build this community! QuakeOne.com rocks!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

To me there is no other QuakeOne.com website
      I've been loyal to that statement since day one. Go find me on Func or something... you can't cause I'm not. I actually signed up for Func once cause baker suggested it. I never even made 1 post. Anyway, I agree with all of what you said and have for a long time.
      Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-14-2013, 12:53 PM.
      http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

@O'mac I totally forgot something. The reason why I went with all these portable possibilities is not entirely clear. Of course this gives you the option to run all of this (even xampp) from a USB card/external drive, but there is another perk.

After you get all of this set up, but before you start actually making projects, grab all of this together and zip it. Now, if you ever need this environment again, you don't have to do anything but unzip it to a drive that has the same letter as the one you used to install all of this.

See what I'm saying? Do all the install, download, yadda stuff once and never have to do it again. I have a monster development environment on a flash drive (v. I have the entire drive zipped and backed up. If I want to make a new drive, I just unzip all that to the new drive and rename the drive (v - done.

Of course you still have to have java and netfx installed on the machine and it has to be the same java that you had when you installed FD. To make sure I can't fuck up or forget, I have the install executables that I used also on my zipped drive v:

If I had more bandwidth I'd just give you my zipped backup and you wouldn't havre to follow any steps. But It's too big, I wont have internet if I share it with you.

If you want to really go crazy add portable firefox and firefox second profile - you then literally have an entire server/dev environment on a usb stick, with it's only dependencies being NetFX and Java Se 7. Both of those could easily be installed on any machine without overwriting previous/future versions.
        Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-14-2013, 01:14 PM.

Comment

alrighty, will give a proper read later, but portability makes my life easier anyway
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Banlist is empty last I heard from Solecord. Woops,back on topic. my bad.
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              Look at Solecord, he's not even close to the best Quaker (and never was)
              pfft, I resent that.

Comment

@Mindz - banlist is all clear? Cool, Imma tell Larry and Todd they can come back. Get some damn drama going on, this place has been far too quiet.

haha I'm JK, I don't even know how to contact them

@Solecord - when you take it out of context like that it sure seems like an insult , but what he really said was quite a compliment. Let's paraphrase:

"Even though Solecord is a forgettable player, he still manages to get noticed where it counts."

err, that don't sound too good either, uh..well, I'm sure there is something nice in there somewhere.
                Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-15-2013, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                  pfft, I resent that.
                  Just showing some contrast between some unsavory characters who have bot like aim but can't hold a decent conversation compared to someone who's probably been used as a mop in-game more then others but can still remain completely positive and go beyond playing the game to help.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

LOL @ MadGypsy

It's all good.

Comment

Hell naw,Phenom deserves a good reaming for no QungFu and lack of Multiplay.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Woo Hoo, I just got 17 new Kung Fu movies!

Butterfly Sword
                        Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon
                        Kung Fu Hustle
                        Once Upon a Time in China
                        The Legend of the Red Dragon

and 12 movies with "Shaolin" in the title in a 3 DVD set named "Kickin It Shaolin Style". This brings my current Kung fu collection to 63 Movies. I noticed Walmart remove the last 2 Dragon Dynasty Volume 1 sets from their shelves. I hope this means Volume 2 is about to come out.

MY goal is to be able to have a double feature kung fu theater every Sunday for a year and never show the same movie twice. I'm pretty close I only need 41 more movies... but I actually need a few more than that cause like 5 of my movies so far really really suck. So, I have to replace those too.

--

I never leave the house after dark (reverse vampire) and I was just at walmart yesterday, but I got a wild hair up my butt to go get something else to eat and made a trip. I drove a whole block and got stopped by the cops for a broken taillight. That was fun, cause these guys seriously had nothing better to do. I was let go with a "warning"...psssh.

Anyway, I get to Walmart and go look at the movies like I always do. I have looked at the movies there so much I know everything they have by heart and I can even make sense of their completely nutty organization system. I didn't expect to see anything new.

It was like Christmas! I saw Kung Fu Hustle ($5) I've already seen it, but I wanted it for my collection, then over a bit was a Jet Li double feature ($5 ..in China/Red Dragon)... I think I peed myself a little (). Then "Shaolin" caught my eye followed by "12 movie set" and $5... I was like "WTF is goin on!? Where'd all this come from!?". I figured I was done, right. Nope, what used to be The Transporter was now Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon ($5). Then to just ice the cake I notice Donnie Yen's face on something name Butterfly Sword ($5 - watched it just now, wasn't bad).

You know that game where they stick you in a booth, turn on a powerful fan and dump a bunch of money in? You have like 10 seconds to grab as many flying bills as possible? That's what it felt like to me. Like Kung Fu movies were just falling from the sky. I got 17 movies for 25 bucks. And now there is no more kung fu to buy .

I know I am way off topic, this thread is about nothing anyway.

Edit: On the Shaolin disc one movie is named Shaolin Invincible Guys (lol).
                        Last edited by MadGypsy; 10-16-2013, 01:53 AM.

Comment

I like Drunken Master

Comment

I should watch more kung fu movies in my spare time.

They're always fun imho C:
                            twitch
                            wew lad

Comment

I'm not going to check the full list but... don't miss The.Good.The.Bad.The.Weird.(200.

Comment

I just stumbled on this thread today. Maybe Real Time Server Browser can fill the gap. I've been secretly re-writing it the past few weeks. It has basic player and server stats (WIP too).

It might be possible to launch your quake client after clicking on a "Launch!" icon. I'll have to look into it.

But I was definitely wanting to put a basic "shoutbox" on there so people can idle and join games together.

Comment

Working...
                                X