Zerstorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zerstorer

What's going off with Zerstorer, does it have a bug?

Started playing Zerstorer in DP, and I cant get past the map, "Among the Dead". Apparently a key is meant to appear. This fellow does a noclip to get it: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz4EMIFrzhY]Quake - Zerstörer - Level 3/8 - Among the Dead - YouTube[/ame] , but for me, the key isn't there at all! I've also tried it in RMQ and the exact same thing happens.

Also, later on, there are bizarre graphical glitches, and so I don't want to spoil the experience until it's solved. Seems like a decent oldschool mod so far.

Is there a particularly good engine for playing mods?

make sure you're not using any replacement key models (which have the unfortunate effect of biasing collision hulls). this qc bug is visible in other maps where keys have been placed a little too close to a wall.
    other engines may work properly by technically being buggy, or emulating said bug
    Some Game Thing

Comment

I'm not man, it was pure pak0.pak and pak1.pak alone. I just tried Quakespasm and that solved the key problem, but now a trigger doesn't seem to work, later on in the same map. Grrrr. All this quake-purism and backwards compatibility makes me laugh. Now I've tried 4 engines that claim backwards compatibility, but all have failed to run an oldschool mod that apparently everyone except me has played.

Comment

When im playing a mod and things are not working i make a text file called autoexec.cfg and but this in it from the smc...

Code:
        //////  Darkplaces engine related cvars
        "cl_itembobheight" "0"		//  Needed to set to "0" to prevent visual issues of item particle effects (this is a DarkPlaces cvar, not a mod cvar)
        scr_printspeed "20"			//  For end of episodes text display like in original Quake

sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag "1"	// since Darkplaces build 2013-03-01 ALL "gameplayfix"-cvars are disabled by default, which will lead to issues. So we have to enable it again...
        sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox "1"			//  since Darkplaces build 2013-03-01 ALL "gameplayfix"-cvars are disabled by default, which will lead to issues. So we have to enable it again...
        sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid "1"		//  since Darkplaces build 2013-03-01 ALL "gameplayfix"-cvars are disabled by default, which will lead to issues. So we have to enable it again...

set darkplaces_build 1			// "0"= for DP builds before 20130301   "1"= for DP builds since 20130301  (cvar to change between map effect handling for different Darkplaces builds. Since DP build 20130301 the engine behaviour was changed)
        set player_reflection_fix 1		// "0"= for DP builds before 2012      "1"= for DP builds since 2012  (cvar to fix the player reflection issue when swimming in water when  r_water  is "1".  Since 2012 DP builds the issue exists. Independent to the "small mod compilation")
        i do not know if this will work or if this is right this is just what i do to try to fix it

best of luck!

Comment

never played this mod till now, and I'm using darkplaces, pure install with just /Quake files and having the same issues.

Testing the autoexec now, it's not made a single bit of difference for me I'm afraid ;~; Thank you anyway

edit : holy crap this is fun c: might look into the team behind this and see what else they did
          Last edited by OMacKnight; 12-08-2013, 11:36 AM.
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Originally posted by unbirthday View Post
            What's going off with Zerstorer, does it have a bug?
            No, the mod is fine. It is always easier to blame the engine

Originally posted by unbirthday View Post
            Started playing Zerstorer in DP, and I cant get past the map, "Among the Dead". Apparently a key is meant to appear.
            ... but for me, the key isn't there at all!
            Yes, that is a known issue (just like Spike said).
            LordHavoc disabled all gameplayfixes since 20130301 Darkplaces builds.
            You will encounter a lot of these issues also in regular Quake maps and both mission packs !

Originally posted by OMacKnight View Post
            never played this mod till now, and I'm using darkplaces, pure install with just /Quake files and having the same issues.

Testing the autoexec now, it's not made a single bit of difference for me I'm afraid ;~; Thank you anyway
            Not exactly.
            unbirthday reported the bug, that the key is missing completely, and you have a different bug: The key is there but will not transported upwards (out of the grave with the platform).
            Your key is there, because you enabled the gameplayfixes, that JDStoner told you via autoexec.cfg.

I could fix this Zerstorer bug with a small workaround (see youtube clip).
            Please download the necessary 2 files from below link.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8cNzQY2GEQ&feature=c4-overview&list=UUbX7uVIXqMzBza0YmLJuMdw]Quake Zerstorer zer1m3 Darkplaces fix - YouTube[/ame]

Best wishes,
            Seven
            Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I meant to say same as the video.

not sure why I said it didn't help, was probably still too tired to think properly :v either way, I'm up and awake properly, and pretty far into this.

anyway, thanks for the fix
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

I used to have the same problem, but the game is okay. However I did not finish it.

Comment

Yeah baby! It works, thanks spike.

Comment

Ahhh I mean Seven. Well thanks spike as well haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X