To all Quake level designers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To all Quake level designers

I recently started a Steam-group that targets level designers for older games like Doom, Quake, Half-Life, Unreal, etc.
    The idea behind this to form a group of level designers of many different classic games who can share their maps, ask for feedback and collaborate with other designers.
    This way, if you're interested in making maps for other games, but lack the know-how and documentation, you can ask advice from people who already made maps for them.
    Ultimately, the goal is to get better and help others to get better at what you love to do: making maps.
    It's just an idea ofcourse and it will require some participation. If you're interested, you can join here:

Steam Community :: Group :: World Designer

Cheers!

yeah.... thats nice but i dun think we need a steam group for that....

we have quakeone and https://www.quaddicted.com/

and there's several threads on these forums about mapping,
    like this thread by GoldenBoy about GTKradiant
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I understand your point but there are other games on our list as well. I'm really glad that Quake still has an active development community but there are other games like Shadow Warrior, Heretic, Hexen II, etc. who don't have thriving development forums anymore.

Another advantage is that you can easily chat with mappers of different games. Suppose you made some Quake maps and want to map for Duke Nukem 3D, but never touched the Build editor. If there's a member who works with the Build engine and knows a great deal about it, you can simply ask for some tips to help you on your way.

Comment

HEH You're pretty much gonna keep catching these

But if you catch the mythical DopeFish please contact us for a weigh in!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
        X