Fiend Quake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiend Quake?

A long time ago, before I started playing/making mods, I saw a thread on a forum somewhere (may have even been here on QuakeOne) for an interesting multiplayer mod named (I think) Fiend Quake.

Supposedly players could choose to play as the standard Ranger or as a Fiend, possibly with some game modes similar to Aliens vs Predator. I never saw anything about this mod again, and I can't find anything on it now. I guess it never got finished.

Anybody else seen or heard of this? Or do I just have a faulty memory? I'm curious as to what happened to it.

If it did exist and has indeed died, this is a mod I'd like to tackle someday. Maybe even code it into RiftQuake. Like a Beast mode or something. It would be way to much work to do this for all monsters, but for the fiend could be an interesting game mode.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

I recall something similar to that. Hell, I probably wrote about it here, but seem to have forgotten most things.

Anyhow, in this mod, I believe you turned into a fiend when you got a Pent or something? Maybe gibs flew everywhere when you transformed? As I recall, this "powerup" wasn't that great, though it was fun if you didn't care so much about dying.

Comment

I wonder if Snafu's mod from the Quake Expo 2008 (clicky) is what you are after , although I'm not sure if he ever finished it.

You can also become Quake monsters (e.g. Shambler, Vore, Knight, Field) as part of the RuneQuakePlus mod which is rotated on the New York servers. The last I heard from IEEE on the runequake forum was that he was updating this mod to include custom maps, voting and no doubt some other interesting features.

Alternatively you cold always hitch a ride like this guy...(skip to 2:40)

Last edited by Mr.Burns; 03-27-2014, 02:20 AM.
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

https://anonfiles.com/file/c53b28868...ced9299dbe7aa5

check out this dl open the docks with notepadd +++++++++ you should be able to what you need to do to get a friend maybe this will help but it may be off from what you are looking for the cojo mod may help too you dont fully control him but you kinda can. if it dont help well what ever there both kinda cool mods

Comment

my good god man, PUNCTUATE!
          Gnounc's Project Graveyard Gnounc's git repo

Comment

I wonder if Snafu's mod is what you are after from the Quake Expo 2008 (clicky), although I'm not sure if he ever finished it.
            Yes that's it!! I looked all over for it and couldn't find the damn thing. Thanks man. I also remember reading about that Nightmare map he was making and thought that 'grub' monster with the Vore head was wicked looking.

I still can't find much on the mod. I suppose Snafu never finished it.

@Stoner that's pretty sweet. I think saw a DM mod like that a LONG time ago where each player had a Rotweiller buddy.
            Last edited by Dutch; 03-25-2014, 10:19 AM.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

There's a brazilian NetQuake and QuakeWorld modification, called Total Destruction II, where among other things, every time a player respawns, is granted to him a special magic. One of this magics is named fiend, and it gives the player the ability to attack his enemies as a fiend.

Total Destruction II - Official Site

TD2 O Filme (Quake movie about TD2)

QW last public version released exe 7z

Edit.: QW links are broken, I'll have to upload it again later!
              Last edited by vegetous; 03-27-2014, 09:46 AM.
              Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Gulliver-trans, is that Snowcrest.net you're thinking of? Ahh...Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowswift View Post
                  Gulliver-trans, is that Snowcrest.net you're thinking of? Ahh...Good times.
                  Sounds like it is! Thanks!

By the way, if anyone wants to download it, they can get it here:
                  SnowCrest Quake Server Page

And here's the description:
                  www.snowcrest.net/mysc/quakemods.html

Comment

I miss that server so much. It was the best modded DM server ever

Comment

Working...
                    X