Att uverse vs time warner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Att uverse vs time warner

Att is converting to u verse in my area and will no longer support dsl , should I even bother trying u verse ?

I apologize for going off-topic, but doesn't Time Warner own NBA Basketball? Just asking. (I wish that I could be more helpful in this thread.)
    "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

Probably , they bought out adelphia my old cable ISP, I believe they own aol , so it's basically a few giant corporations running shit

Comment

If you can get/afford higher speeds with Uverse, maybe.

When I first got Uverse, it went down pretty often. It wasn't like Verizon FiOS, which was rock solid for me (back in 200. The problem may have been the trees out back. Anyhow, it eventually became quite reliable. If I had one complaint about U-verse at this point, it would be that the price seems to keep going up every month. I can't say anything about their TV or VoiP services, because I only have internet.

As for Time Warner, my parents have it. I used to hate it, when it was Comcast (or Road Runner, or whoever owned the local service back in 2007. There have been so many). It would disconnect me every day, when I was trying to work. Now it seems reliable, except that the TV glitches sometimes.

My opinion? Go with FiOS if you can get it. U-Verse is not equivalent fiber. Verizon let me keep the router after I cancelled service (because I had to move). U-Verse is charging me like $4 a month for the router, and it seems it's not easy to replace it with your own, if it's possible at all.

Maybe you should look at DSLreports.com for recent comparisons.

Comment

Doesn't seem like version is expanding fios , I can afford it, but it's not in my area , heck I can afford lots of things but I only have a few options in area , cleveland ohio

Comment

I have Time Warner currently. 20 Mbps down / 2 Mbps up. $54.99/mon. I can upgrade up to 50 Mbps down / 5 Mbps up if I want to. I really haven't had any major issues with TWC. Speeds have always been what they advertised. A few times I've had issues with my connection, but nothing that a modem reboot wouldn't resolve.

U-verse is also available in my area, but the fastest speed I can actually get is 18 Mbps down / 1.5 Mbps up for $61/mon.

Comment

I cant believe powerzord lives so close to me. lol
              Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Let me jump on to this conversation. Answer to U VERSE IS NO! U-verse is on an Interleaved network and the pings will be higher then you're current connection. I just switched from Uverse to Xfinity comcast and my ping dropped 20-25ms all around... i had 24mbps down and 3mbps up with Uverse and it sucked so bad for gaming. It was smooth but pings were horrible. You can ask Mindz how badly i complained for over a year about Uverse and even spent hours on the phone with tech support tier 2 trying to get switched to fastpath only to find out Uverse does not have that option like DSL does.
                I switched from Uverse on 3.10.14 and got comcast.. much better for gaming and my download speeds are 105mbps down 25mbps up.. 20-25ms ping lower at all servers then Uverse. I was pinging 90-110 at QuakeTX and now i get 35-50 from Florida.

Comment

Originally posted by powerzord View Post
                  Doesn't seem like version is expanding fios , I can afford it, but it's not in my area , heck I can afford lots of things but I only have a few options in area , cleveland ohio
                  Cleveland.. nice. I go to Cuyahoga Heights quite often to deliver product. Im always passing by on I-80 every week.

Comment

Thanks , isn't Comcast merging with time warner

Comment

only if they pay off enough democrats for the merger to be approved.
                      Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Comcast is not merging with time warner. They are outright buying them out. That being said if they do get the approval to buy out time warner they will end up being the largest internet provider on record """i mean they are now""" but it would dramatize all competition.
                        I do not care if they buy them out or not. I am just afraid of our government letting our internet fall into the hands of CHINA or NATO and we get censored. Obama is wrecking this country multiple laws at a time and we need to stop this before it gets bad. Look at the NETFLIX/COMCAST deal as a starter. If comcast wants money from netflix for us to have full throttle streaming on netflix, just imagine how youtube will end up or even gaming will be affected in the near future. Bottom line is 'IF' comcast buys out time warner you can see this happening more and more. Only way it will stop if verizon start's to expand or AT&T get's their shit straight.

Comment

Working...
                        X