RuneQuake Tournament in the oven!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RuneQuake Tournament in the oven!

If you didn't know,the players at RuneQuake are considering holding a Tournament !

Get the juicy details over HERE!

I've already dropped my name in the sign up, as well as at minimum an oldschool Quaker I used to play with back in the day at IHOC servers, that is if memory serves correct , Killa = [DbE]McNasty .

I participated in the last Rune Tournament that was held by DFG , who ended up winning his own Tournament! I vividly remember using the 10-ton Man rune against DFG heavily, and then IIRC, my dumb ass dropped the Rune to find another,and that's when I lost control of the map!

The Tourney was held on the Deadzone2 mod , check that out here ; Project: Deadzone2 Mod | QuakeVoid
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

That's 4
    Just out of curiosity, if the FFA team got enough ppl interested and were able to go ahead with the Tourney, what RQ mod would most people prefer the tournament to use:
    Plain Runequake (like Shmack)
    RuneQuake Plus (as previously used on the Fear Server and in the mod rotation on port 26010 on New York)
    Deadzone (as previously used on the Deadzone Server)
    Deadzone 2 (in the mod rotation on port 26010 on New York)
    Some 50/50 mix of the above

I'm guessing a large number of RQ'ers would only want to play plain RuneQuake but I was just interested to hear ppl's preferences.
    Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

I'm in. pwnage.

Comment

Woot - 5! I'll pass that on
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

I'm actually planning on hosting a monthly set of tournaments, got quite a few people I know pretty interested too. The planned game modes are;
          FFA
          CA
          CTF
          (Possibly a fourth event, so each could be once a week. They'd all be streamed so people can watch if they don't want to play, or can't make it and want to watch later)

^(Or variants of, this was just a brief thing, I don't have much time online right now but this gets the idea across)

Edit : Just posting this here while I can be online since tournaments are in the topic, as far as a runequake tournament goes, I'll see if I can make it. If not, somebody should record it so people who can't make it can still enjoy it
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

Hi Ben
            I'm not really a competitive tourney player as these days I just tend to play for sh*ts and giggles , but it sounds like it could be fun for people like Dude, Stalky, Pol, Peg, Conf, and some of the US players such as Mindz, Dys, ORL, etc. So let me know if there's anything I can do to assist.

With regards to the RuneQuake tourney, usually someone (probably me or Pol) will demo it and store it on the Bigfoot webby.
            Incidentally the "I'm interested in playing " list currently looks as follows:
            1.) Zop
            2.) EZJack,
            3.) Dee Killah,
            4.) Mindz,
            5.) Killa.
            6.) Sole
            7.) OMac (if possible)
            8.) Fragbait
            9.) And of course... the mighty Hydro!
            10.) I'm sure Pol (all hail) and Peg will come along to help out/play/steal the MH/Drive people mad with his Axe shananigans and so forth .

Kind regards

Monty
            Last edited by Mr.Burns; 06-24-2014, 06:37 AM.
            Mr.Burns

Comment

Oh shit , HydrO SmokE.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I would be happy to help out to organise this Runequake Tourney.
                My servers for the gamers:
                bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                Offline ATM
                fvf.servequake.com
                flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                Offline ATM
                newdm.servequake.com
                port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                sigpic

Comment

I'd dig myself out of my grave for this. Sounds like a lot of fun. The last one certainly was!

Comment

Originally posted by FragBait View Post
                    I'd dig myself out of my grave for this. Sounds like a lot of fun. The last one certainly was!
                    Welcome aboard, I'll add you to the signup list. I think Mindzy may have played in that tournament so you will be in familiar company.

Please note that The following may change, but at present we intend to temporarily use a port from the New York Server (newyork.servequake.com) for the tourney, and to make things a little more challenging will play on 4 rounds on custom maps. The maps will be announced shortly and easy downloads will be provided.
                    We will try and make the settings mirror Shmack if at all possible so it should feel familiar to most. I will be trying to set up the tourney server for testing in the next day or so, real life permitting, and will then try to tweak it so it's as optimal as I can make it bearing in mind I'm no Quake expert, then I'll hand it over to much more learned ppl than I such as Peg and the mighty Polarite

More info to follow shortly.

Kind regards

Monty
                    Mr.Burns

Comment

If we talking about the last FFA tourney, Yes!
                      DFG's Rune tourney, Yes again! I've tried to sink my teeth into every tournament, even the ones that got hyped up including the liqour basket prize CQL West tried setting up before going back to ecliptiQ.Radio , gaming radio with commentary etc.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eclip...nt/77597347008

http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...dgate-plz.html <- Shazizzle!

Comment

Good to see Fragbait back again. Tell your ol man to jump in too.

Hey mindz, I'm very rusty and the roster looks like a good battle. Even the fellas at tx.quake give me a hard time, but all in good fun.
                        Next tourney should be ihoc mod, I miss those days.
                        Some play to remember...
                        Some play to forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydro...! View Post
                          Good to see Fragbait back again. Tell your ol man to jump in too.

Hey mindz, I'm very rusty and the roster looks like a good battle. Even the fellas at tx.quake give me a hard time, but all in good fun.
                          Next tourney should be ihoc mod, I miss those days.
                          I'm honed in as of lately! A IHOC tournament would be crazy bad ass, just know I'm an entirely different Quaker now days I haven't hooked a player and set them on fire with +Jet in ages, rofl! after Monty's tournament hits the ground wheels spinning and we get this behind us, I'll attempt at beating the rugs and see if any IHOC Quakers fall out.

So far the count would include active quakers ; SmokeJ,HydrO,EzJack,Mindzy
                          4's not bad in 2014!

Comment

depending on the day the tournament is held I might join myself

Comment

if we need any extra servers for the mods let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X