@Trent_Reznor , Mindz uses his Twitter Acct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Trent_Reznor , Mindz uses his Twitter Acct

So, I signed up for Twitter some time back... and I never bothered with it. I needed a Twitter account for something, who knows what it was! I sure as shit can't remember why the hell I signed up for it,I'm quick to dismiss social websites such as Facebook/Myspace or Twitter, ETC.....

So I gave my Twitter a purpose, I hit @Trent_Reznor with this message

Originally posted by Mindz Twatter Account
    @ trent_reznor Remember doing the Quake 1 soundtrack and ambient sound effects? I was curious about permission to distribute the work WITH Q1
    This is my first Tweet, I don't even know how this shit works as its beyond my typical comfort zone. It took a minute or two (I'm lying it took god damned forever it seems)

My thoughts are he'll
    -never see it
    -see's it and gives permission
    -see's it and laughs aloud

Btw that character limit on Twitter can eat me, I had to cut my message uber short and really doesn't convey the message I was hoping to get across.

Does anyone else have a Twitter and can you annoy people by @blowing_their_shit_up LOL?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Negative. Refuse to become an AT or HASH tag person. I will stick to FB.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
      Negative. Refuse to become an AT or HASH tag person. I will stick to FB.
      If you hadn't noticed the huge chasm/mote between common folk such as you/myself and celebrities, we do what we gotta do.

If taking for one the team is what it takes, then so be it!~ I've taken one for Team "FreeQuake" . I personally would prefer having nothing to do with either one of them ha ha.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

the program tweetdeck will help you bug the shit out of some one you can set it to tweet like crazy.

trent is on the road right now so good luck trying to reach him. best bet is to just crowd surf to the front of the stage and ask him in person in the middle of one of the shows...

i wanna hear the opening quake song live some day at a show that would be hella cool to mosh pit to!

any one else think the art of hesitation marks cd looks like the ground on the start map?

Comment

you should follow that omacknight guy

pretty cool fella

heard he's making a little platformer, could be interesting

eh ;P

(and keep us posted with news on trent)
          twitch
          wew lad

Comment

https://www.google.com/search?q=art+...w=1440&bih=814 which image looks like what ??

Comment

Not really.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                Clicked the link and saw this:

I think this would classify as one of those "Oh Shit" moments.
                'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Trent Reznor is anal about his work.

He would probably say no, Just for the simple fact that when they actually put Quake I on the Nintendo 64 back in the day he denied them the rights to use the music for the very game he had composed it for in fear that they may somewhat alter the tracks slightly in any given way. I mean what is there to really alter? The entire score is ambient power surges, bangs static guitar riffs and whispers. So they went with Aubrey Hodges the guy that did some tracks for Doom and he made the Quake soundtrack almost sound like a rap score. I mean no shit when I first heard the Quake I theme he did I was seriously waiting for a guy to star rapping to the beat lol. It sounded some what ok but it definitely did not fit the game very well. The Epi Quake score was alright as well but still doesn't fit quite right. Now the Epi Quake sound pack was boss I thought. It beefed all the sounds up.
                  Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Originally posted by Krymzon 45 View Post
                    [...]So they went with Aubrey Hodges the guy that did some tracks for Doom and he made the Quake soundtrack almost sound like a rap score.
                    Didn't know about the N64 soundtrack.

Kinda neat... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeRGt-o67RE

Quake - Nintendo 64: Official Soundtrack | Aubrey Hodges

Comment

in fear that they may somewhat alter the tracks slightly in any given way
                      He was right to feel this way. The N64 version removed entire maps from the game

Originally posted by wiki
                      The N64 version is missing The Grisly Grotto (E1M4), The Installation (E2M1), The Ebon Fortress (E2M4), The Wind Tunnels (E3M5), The Sewage System (E4M1) and Hell's Atrium (E4M5) levels. It also does not use the "START" map where the player chooses a difficulty level and an episode; the difficulty level is chosen when starting the game, and all of the levels play in sequential order from The Slipgate Complex (E1M1) to Shub Niggurath's Pit (END). The Nintendo 64 version, while lacking the cooperative multiplayer mode, includes two player deathmatch. All six of the deathmatch maps from the PC version are in the Nintendo 64 port, and an exclusive deathmatch map, The Court of Death, is also included.
                      source
                      info can be found under the ports section

Comment

Agreed MadGypsy.

When I played Quake on the Nintendo 64 I immediately noticed the difference. The game just looked very cheap in my opinion mainly because of the way they made the lighting in the maps. The lighting color was just way over the top with blue or red in sections. However when converting a game from PC that was originally on a CD Rom to a game cartridge one has to expect a heavy loss in game quality and overall data as well. I don't think Quake was ever meant to be on any game console and really shouldn't be on one.

Comment

Quake on Nintendo 64 was pretty cool but it wasn't really quake. It was too damn dark with no way to brighten the game, i played it like i played james bond 007, ALL THE TIME against my friends. Because i played it on a PC i had every clue on how do thing's on the 64. My friend's would always rage quit on me because i had the upper advantage. James Bond 007 however was a great game too!

Comment

I used to play the hell out of some DM against my dad and lil brother on N64.

Comment

It was still fun on the 64

Yea, I had fun with my friends playing it on the 64, the only thing I hated was the controls. The Nintendo 64 controller always disagreed with me lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X