quake cranked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quake cranked

Has anyone completed the quake campaign on nightmare with the cranked mod? It's practically impossible for me

cranked mod? ive never even heard of that mod

but i always like a good challenge! you have a link?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idga...rs/cranked.zip

Comment

Is there some form of info on this? Whats it do? Gives shamblers dual wielding lightning bolts from both his hands?
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I thought you old timers would've known this mod

ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idga...rs/cranked.txt

Comment

Wasn't the cranked mod. But I once beat the entire game on nightmare, all monsters, all secrets, without dying once. It took me a loooong time to pull it off. Basically if I died, I'd curse and shut the game off and try again the next week lol.
            'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

I quit singleplayer pretty much the moment I landed myself on a multiplayer server and ended up here HEH!. true story for most multiplayer quakers out there, especially if they are playing today.

shooting AI just took a huge nose dive when the multiplayer experience occurred. heh, monsters just went stale eventually and the challenge to quake was lost. we found it again on the servers!

multiplayer dictated endless possibility to get better.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

@mindz

if you find monsters to easy, try playing quake with the kleshik or the RQcoop mod
                monsters are a fukc-load harder in those mods and can be very challenging.

or try FVF, monsters are also really challenging on nightmare too in FVF

like last time i was playing FVF with gunter on nightmare and were at E4M7
                it took us 10minutes or so and a lot of deaths to take down the group of vores at the end of that map
                Last edited by talisa; 08-15-2014, 07:45 PM.
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I dominate RQCoop, I have never tried Kleshik yet.

Comment

Do kleshik now! Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax. quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quak eitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitu p.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.co m:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26 003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003Cax.quakeitup.com:26003

I left instructions on install here! Make sure you have both mission packs! NOW!

Comment

i dunn about cranked but ive played many times crUnked!
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

lol?

Comment

Actually, i did download it and ran thru a couple maps, starting at e1m2.
                          It's kinda cool! First thing i noticed is that Ogres are z-aware meaning they will
                          look upwards when they toss a 'nade so it will hit you instead of just bounce in your direction.

Source is included, so you can actually see his AI methods.

Nice find.
                          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Although i find his z axis method intriguing it's over zealous. :/ They sorta just fire everywhere. They lead also but the distance and aim is erratic at times. Tho he is incredibly accurate upclose, from further away it just isn't good enough. :/ His rate of fire increase makes him a beast tho at close range. LOL. Nicely done. The scrags randomly teleport much like in SMC but without the need to shoot them to get the effect. Pretty cool stuff. No monster strafing tho. :/ Atleast I didn't notice any. But pretty darn cool mod! I'll add it to my list of fun things to do in quake. Thanks Ranger.

Edit: Also noticed in the z axis code it compensates for gravity changes. Meaning it can improve it's aim even if you change the gravity on him. That's pretty cool! The code is quite simple too! Gotta keep a note of this! No more broken aiming when changing gravity cvar. hehe.

Comment

For those Kleshik players,

Difficulty is a hard thing to gauge these days; some people still rock old-school reflexes, twitch aiming and everything we love about Quake. Part of what we love about Quake is the simplicity of its monsters, the lack of locational damage and, really, the straightforward feedback loop for damaging things (my opinion, 'course!)

So, neglecting all that bullshit, you can adjust some Kleshik settings to make it even harder than the defaults the mod utilizes. Here are some CVar examples :

- kleshik_server_monster_Flisker_CorpseBurstPercentC hance "6" : 6% by default, this is the chance a dead monster will blow up into those happy little fliskers that jump at you and gnaw at your kneecaps.

- kleshik_server_monster_GlobalAlphaLevel "1.0" : A global alpha level for all monsters! If for some reason you all monsters practically invisible, try making it 0.1 . If you just want them invisible, make it 0.0 . Something fun maybe.

- kleshik_server_monster_SpawnAdditionalMonsters "1" : Here we are, the beefy meaty spice of artificially increasing the difficulty. This specifies how many "duplicate" monsters to spawn in place of an existing monster. Duplicate monsters are tossed as far away from the original as possible, and set to have roaming AI for maximum effect of difficulty. Yeah, set this too high and monsters kind of just clog pathways everywhere (Quake's maps aren't designed for craploads of monsters!), but it can still be good fun. Try a number like 3 for what should be a pretty legit challenge without making things too ridiculous.

- kleshik_server_monster_MovementMultiplier "1.66" : One last tweak that can make it harder - a global multiplier for all monster movement speeds. Right now monsters are 66% faster in Kleshik, and changing this multiplier will make 'em even faster. There is an accompanying CVar to cap max velocity (kleshik_server_monster_MovementMaximum), so if for any reason you set the multiplier really high and want monsters blasting through space and time, raise that CVar as well.

As an end note, Kleshik is loaded with CVars to tweak things to your liking. Everything starts with kleshik_ , with the client CVars being kleshik_client_ and the server CVars being kleshik_server_ . Most difficulty tweaks are going to be on the server CVars, but just press tab in the Darkplaces console and you can see all the CVars and descriptions for what they do.

Have fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X