Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So its been about 10 years... Am i still good at Quake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So its been about 10 years... Am i still good at Quake?

You can see my pathetic gameplay here
    I havent played seriously in about 10 years, only now am i getting back in practice
    for speedruns and similar things.
    We primarily speak english here...
    Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

It would be nice if the video would play. It is fully loaded and does not play. I've tried to forward through it and it does not play at all.

Comment

Also from the looks of it your quake is extremely dark. you need help getting it brighter or need commands? What engine are you using?

Comment

i dont think he is advertising his gameplay skill, yet his talent at being humble.

i'm eager to see what's up his sleeve.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Lol at nightmare level fails. Nice moves

Comment

This is my introduction back to the Quake scene after a long long time of not playing seriously. This video showcases the levels at which my skill has degraded after not practicing the campaign in years.

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
            Also from the looks of it your quake is extremely dark. you need help getting it brighter or need commands? What engine are you using?
            try this link https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=VxlTkrQSbc0

Admitedly ive got my settings for a real dark experience, this is 90% of the light level i saw when i first played the game in 97. So i realy want too keep the brightness levels where im used to, but i DO think i need to raise them a bit.

i could not stand playing the game this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCYZFV95CI8
            Last edited by M_Luminoth; 08-19-2014, 12:42 AM.
            Is english a second language for you? If you are having trouble getting your point across please confront me on the forum or send me a PM. German is a second language for me and i will be able to provide the most help to those from deutschland.

Comment

I'm not surprised, that is way too dark to see anything.

Comment

Welcome back !
                My servers for the gamers:
                bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                Offline ATM
                fvf.servequake.com
                flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                Offline ATM
                newdm.servequake.com
                port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                sigpic

Comment

I understand you do not want to play the game with the current looks of it but one thing i did notice is that you should turn the BOB off. Add these commands to your config file.

cl_bob "0"
                  cl_rollangle "0"

That will stop the gun from bobbing up and down and also the roll from side to side.

Comment

demmit, i put my bob there for a reason, and my r_idlescale at 1.

Comment

Originally posted by M_Luminoth View Post
                      demmit, i put my bob there for a reason, and my r_idlescale at 1.
                      So you actually enjoy playing with the bob? That messes up your aim entirely.

Comment

I consider multiplayer Quake1 to be more like a scientific experiment, you need a controlled environment to net consistent results.

Fullbright models? Check! It's in the engine of my choice, added by the author. I dunno bout you guys but I can give a shit less if you're standing in a dark spot of the map, I'll still see you It's not like I don't run straight in yo face when I'm playing Q1MP. The only thing missing is "LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKIIIIIIIINS" , cuz thats exactly what I do (run in and fight em all, to hell with the circumstances,unless its just me left and team is dead!)
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                          Fullbright models? Check! It's in the engine of my choice, added by the author. I dunno bout you guys but I can give a shit less if you're standing in a dark spot of the map, I'll still see you It's not like I don't run straight in yo face when I'm playing Q1MP. The only thing missing is "LEEEEEEROOOOOOOOOY JENKIIIIIIIINS" , cuz thats exactly what I do (run in and fight em all, to hell with the circumstances,unless its just me left and team is dead!)
                          ll charge the same way most of the time. But i think your doing an injustice to Quake itself and John's engine by not allowing the use of highlights and shadows.
                          LEEEROOOY

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                          So you actually enjoy playing with the bob? That messes up your aim entirely.
                          i know i should scale the bob back or take it off entirely but it feels unnatural to not have cl_bobmodel on.

Comment

Working...
                          X