Desperately need new maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need new maps

I've got ~1.5GB maps for quake. Some of them are 1 time only, others are worth replaying, mods? Well, some of them you can play forever
    But, every now-and-then, I stumble upon screenshots of of awesome looking maps, and I wander why I never downloaded those?
    I'm not saying Quake maps look bad. No, they look good. But that's it, they look just good. Surely, there would be awesome looking maps out there somewhere.
    So, can you guys advise some? Beautiful sceneries, new colors, new realms? Preferably large maps.

TL;DR Looking for beautiful, large maps. Can you advise some?
    MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Have you checked out the map packs featured on the home page? There's some spectacular visuals in those.
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

@hgdragon

Wha? Do as Dutch suggest if you want a really go compliation of multiplayer maps. If you are looking for singleplayer goodness check out Quaddict. And while you're at it get the Quake Map Injector and/or MiniQL so you can luanch them quickly. The Injector has every map that is currently on Quaddict (mostly) and can be downloaded and installed via Injector. Check out the reviews to see which ones to check out. Some fantastic maps are possible now with modern map editors and bsp2 among other things.

For some good reviews on youtube I highly recommend DaZ! Calls himself Custom Gamer on youtube but you might know some of his maps. If not, check out his archived map site here.

Hell, while you're at it check out all the archived stuff here!

And check out this forum thread by Baker here!

Now play!

Comment

@PrimalLove
        okay... that thread of Baker's has a couple of maps I haven't seen yet. Will give it a shot!

P.S.
        Dragon vs Dagon
        MOD it! Start Point Remake Quake Scout's Journey Quaketastic WhiteDay Quake Terminus UQE

Comment

They meant these...

and

and I agree,those look fantastic.

What Baker post are you talking about? Link?
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Hello hgdagon,

You should look more often at your signature
            Click the words "Start Point" in it and then click on "Maps".
            Spirit added a really helpful feature into his website: Instant Filter

The big advantage is that there are actually people really "rating" maps there.
            When you want to filter, as you say you like large maps.
            You only need to write 'large' into the filter (add more filters if you need).

You should then sort the result by 'Rating's and you can be absolutely sure that the list contains all maps for Quake available on earth

There is a reason why the list will have "unforgiven", "travail", "something wicked" and all the other famous and not so famous maps on top of it. This way you will for sure find great and awesome (as you used these words) maps that you didnt know yet.

Have fun with this great game.

Best wishes,
            Seven

Comment

@hgdagon Oops! Didn't mean to mess up your name! My bad! Interesting to know the difference! Thx!

@Mindz Check my post for link!

Comment

@Mindf!3ldzX
                I just rushed to download those maps only to find out that I have before, but forgot to put them in the main map folder Anyway, I'm stupid...

@seven
                You should look more often at your signature
                Click the words "Start Point" in it and then click on "Maps".
                Well, thanks. Actually, I occasionally do, but most Quake maps are about, you know..... massacre. Now, don't get me wrong, I love ye olde Quake style massacre, but recently I started looking for beauty in maps themselves (like in those screenshots Mindf!3ldzX posted), and by "recently" I mean since playing "In the Shadows". I know, that Quake is just about the gameplay, but I like the moments in some maps, when I can just turn around the corner and go "Whoa... Now, that's a big room!"

Spirit added a really helpful feature into his website: Instant Filter

The big advantage is that there are actually people really "rating" maps there.
                Well, life has proven me that ratings were no good, since I probably have some different preferences. BUT. I just tried it, and felt like a total idiot. Somehow I never saw White Room before. Why? 'Cause that's different! That's what I want!

You only need to write 'large' into the filter (add more filters if you need)
                Now, I don't consider myself a genius, I think I have quite moderate brain powers, but now, I actually feel stupid. Somehow I assumed I could only type map names or Author names in the filter.....

Well, thanks a lot, seven! As always, the value of your help is immeasurable!

Comment

Originally posted by hgdagon View Post
                  @Mindf!3ldzX
                  I just rushed to download those maps only to find out that I have before, but forgot to put them in the main map folder Anyway, I'm stupid...

@seven

Well, thanks. Actually, I occasionally do, but most Quake maps are about, you know..... massacre. Now, don't get me wrong, I love ye olde Quake style massacre, but recently I started looking for beauty in maps themselves (like in those screenshots Mindf!3ldzX posted), and by "recently" I mean since playing "In the Shadows". I know, that Quake is just about the gameplay, but I like the moments in some maps, when I can just turn around the corner and go "Whoa... Now, that's a big room!"

Well, life has proven me that ratings were no good, since I probably have some different preferences. BUT. I just tried it, and felt like a total idiot. Somehow I never saw White Room before. Why? 'Cause that's different! That's what I want!

Now, I don't consider myself a genius, I think I have quite moderate brain powers, but now, I actually feel stupid. Somehow I assumed I could only type map names or Author names in the filter.....

Well, thanks a lot, seven! As always, the value of your help is immeasurable!
                  You're human!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Working...
                  X