The 9-Level Ebon Fortress!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
    A Quakeone.com chainmapping event? That would be a first.

I would almost get out of bed for that.

(chainmap: everyone adds at least 1 room, then sends the map to the next person - the last in line finishes and compiles the map.)

I'd volunteer to be the last in line, unless Sock or John Romero or someone else of that caliber wants the honour.

Who would be interested?
    This sounds fantastic!
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by golden_boy View Post
      A Quakeone.com chainmapping event? That would be a first.

I would almost get out of bed for that.

(chainmap: everyone adds at least 1 room, then sends the map to the next person - the last in line finishes and compiles the map.)

I'd volunteer to be the last in line, unless Sock or John Romero or someone else of that caliber wants the honour.

Who would be interested?
      I would love to play something like that

Comment

Well men, Get to work we have a long road ahead of us. In the mean time do not mind me, I will be sitting back awaiting the download link.

Sorry i have know talent's other then playing the game and gRaping.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
          Well men, Get to work we have a long road ahead of us. In the mean time do not mind me, I will be sitting back awaiting the download link.

Sorry i have know talent's other then playing the game and gRaping.
          ditto,that and I can make lots of noise
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

My talent is being talentless.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadowswift View Post
              My talent is being talentless.
              I can't make shit on a computer not even a texture but give me a gun and tell me to hit that target and i'll make it happen. Also give me a 18 wheeler and tell me to deliver that load and i'll make that happen too.

;]

Comment

You find yourself in E1M1 offers evidence to the contrary

Comment

Interesting stuff yo read!

Whoever makes the "top" of this vertical episode should make some kind of stand off with Fiends, Ogres, zombies etc..... PLUS Chthon again!?

I never really got why when you first beat Chthon all he would do is crawl back in his lava pit then gibs would fly... I get the gibs were to portray possibly Chthon exploding? but I believe this was kind of a horrible way to show a boss being conquered... Same goes for Shub-niggurath... I kind of get it... but it felt like a cheap way for a boss (bosses) way to die.

The Chthon battle would have been intense with Fiends chasing you around the map and a Shambler lurking who could have turned on Chthon if he damaged them but of course Chthon would just destroy them.

Quake 1 needed more true boss fights.

That's just my $0.02 cents.

Good night!
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

~the following is a bad joke, you have been warned~

I would like to declare my penultimate talent.

The reason I should single handedly make this and everything else in the universe.

Are you ready?

Of course not, nobody can be ready for the ultimate talent.

It shakes the very earth itself!

It it that I can wake myself up in my sleep by farting really loudly!

~/bows and accepts roses and I glide off stage

But on point, this would definitely be an interesting idea, I'm not too familiar with quake map editing as I was always pretty bad at setting the editors up, but I've worked with iD tech 1, Unreal, Source and a few others. So with the right pointers I'd be up for this
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

Trenchbroom is supposedly really easy for newcomers. Anyone who wants some part in this might wanna try that.

TrenchBroom Help

It seems pretty well documented, too.

Making a room and a corridor in TB should be "doable"...

and remember, you won't need to pay attention to "sealing the map" etc since the last person in line would do that.
                      Scout's Journey
                      Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Ah, thanks. I'll take a look after dinner.
                        twitch
                        wew lad

Comment

Qoole 2.50 (and also 99) is a great editor to start on as well, but I don't recommend using it for polished maps as it has floating point problems with angled geometry. It's great to learn basics on though.
                          'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

@DK - talentless

I'm going to echo mindz. You are a very creative writer. I'm going to go on a limb and claim that I know what you are thinking about your art when I say that... (cause I am an artist). We can't all be "Steven King", bro. Your creative writing skills are better than most.

And just in case it's not clear, there was serious attempt at a compliment in there somewhere
                            http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Thanks. I was feeling reeeeaaally low about myself the day I posted that. Compliment received and accepted

Comment

Working...
                              X