Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bullestorm:
    tried it once, but somehow it didnt really manage to get me excited and
    i ended up closing the game after about an hour cuz it was boring me already

prey:
    never played it im afraid
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Didn't play bulletstorm, although I was really hyped for it's release (at the time I was PC-less and don't like playing shooters on console, which was all I had).

Played prey for 5 minutes and thought it was pretty fun.
      twitch
      wew lad

Comment

Bulletstorm.

Bulletstorm was an OK game but as Talisa had said it was rather boring. The game seemed as though the story line was good and the voice acting wasn't so bad either. The game play however was very repetitive in every way and to me that killed the overall experience for me. It put me in mind of Borderlands as well with the cartoon look just minus the free roaming ability Borderlands had. Now as far as Quake Vs. Duke Nukem 3D I enjoyed both but Quake was the very first game that really left a standing impression on me and that is why I still love it today. Duke is good for all the wise cracks and crazy badass vs the alien hordes kinda experience.
        Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Boring, really?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2oeWU2bXxw]Bulletstorm - ....the best bits! (Episode 1) - YouTube[/ame] Bulletstorm - ....the best bits! (Episode 2) - YouTube

The sheer variety of stuff you do, he says and enviromental hazard combos you can achieve. Awesome. Played through it multiple times.
          The slo-mo sniper is great and I want to marry Trishka.
          [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHRHuryGZx4]BulletStorm Trishka Montage - YouTube[/ame]

Not for everybody tho' I guess.
          Username : Atomic Robokid on Steam

Please check out my Quake made things:

https://www.indiedb.com/games/run-over
          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/hazard
          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/diver
          https://adam-freeman.itch.io/beyond

Comment

I wish they would make a game that is truly original, take a leap of faith per say. The game development industry these days are just basically competing on who can make a game better or more popular. It seems as though with every new first person shooter that comes out feels just like the last only different story lines graphics and whether or not it is free roam or linear.
            Make no mistakes here... I'm not a mere madman... I'm a realist!

Comment

Then make a really kick-ass design doc, because it's not easy to just "make a game that is truly original". I've been trying to come up with "truly original" ideas for about 10 years with no real luck.

I'm being 100% serious, I would honestly like to see how you (or others) would go about making a cool new shooter. Mostly because it's not easy and it'll be interesting to see what people come up with.
              twitch
              wew lad

Comment

Here is my half-brained thought on the matter:

Maybe it's up to indie or student devs to try out something new. Then, if it's successful, the big studios can pick it up and run with it, thereby taking less of a financial risk.

See: Narbacular Drop

Of course there's crowd-funding, but I don't know how well "original" ideas do in that arena.

Comment

circle dancing around a monster dose not work in duke worth a shit like in quake i guess you just can't flank a sprite...

Comment

I had a thought

there's a bunch of guys (and gals) right here on the site working on a free to use quake .pak file, right?

who wants to make a single player game based on it? (so basically, some people would be more focused on working on a single player experience, talking with the guys balancing weapons and doing multiplayer stuff to make sure everything feels good both single and multi player)

I'm being 100% super cereal

if even one other person thinks this would be a good idea I'll try and organise this
                    twitch
                    wew lad

Comment

Duke Nukem 3D was funnier than Quake, there is no question about that. But Quake had better weapons and the enemies were more challenging. As for the maps, Duke 3D was an odd rehash of Doom II. Quake actually had some original maps. Yes, Duke 3D had some hot women, but I have a girlfriend. So I would rather look at my girlfriend! lol

Quake wins.
                      "Through my contact lenses, I have seen them all, I've seen wicked clowns and broken dreams / Crazy men in jumpsuits trying to be extreme and messing around with your computer screen" - Creative Rhyme (03/23/2012)

Comment

although duke3d was more feature-rich and funny at moments, while quake is as basic as can be from gameplay perspective
                        i do enjoy quake more personally cuz of the interesting environments and themes and the lovecraftian enemies.

duke3D doesnt have very interesting enviroments much, its mostly just modern-day cities.
                        the game kinda lacks that awesome atmosphere that quake does have cuz of this
                        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

I like both

Comment

Having said I didn't play much of Duke 3d in the past and not really caring for it, I played through a couple levels tonight on steam and I think I'm going to come back to it. It's obvious I didn't give it a fair shake and it seems to have some really cool things going on! Especially now that it has the workshop built in to Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              although duke3d was more feature-rich and funny at moments, while quake is as basic as can be from gameplay perspective
                              i do enjoy quake more personally cuz of the interesting environments and themes and the lovecraftian enemies.

duke3D doesnt have very interesting enviroments much, its mostly just modern-day cities.
                              the game kinda lacks that awesome atmosphere that quake does have cuz of this
                              That's what made Duke3D more fun to explore imo. In Quake exploring was extremely unforgiving comparatively lol.
                              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                                That's what made Duke3D more fun to explore imo. In Quake exploring was extremely unforgiving comparatively lol.
                                I just played through the rest of the first duke episode and while I agree that the exploration part of Duke is richer and offers a ton more in the way of secrets and fun stuff to find, it also becomes a little tedious (especially if you're trying to find them all).

Comment

Working...
                                X