entities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• entities

I am having an issue with entities tool, they aren't there, the only entity in my entities list is info_player_start. I was able to upload all of my textures from quake just fine, but when i click on the entities tool i get nothing.

We need more details. Which map editor are you using? Do you have the appropriate fgd file?

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalLove View Post
      We need more details. Which map editor are you using? Do you have the appropriate fgd file?
      I am using
      Worldcraft 3.33 SDK
      Build 1315

I am very new to this, i am not sure what the appropriate fgd file is. I bought and downloaded the full version of quake from valve on steam, and put all the local content into my quake folder, so everything else is working as far as textures and launching my map in the game.

Build program~
      configuration: quake
      game executable: C:\quake\Glquake.exe
      csg executable: C:\quake\Glquake.exe
      bsp executable: c:\program files\worldcraft\quaketools\txqbsp.exe
      vis executable: c:\program files\worldcraft\quaketools\vis.exe
      rad executable: c:\program files\worldcraft\quaketools\light.exe
      place compiled maps into: c:\quake\id1\maps

Game configuration ~
      configuration: quake

OK HERE IS SOMETHING INTERESTING
      Game data files:
      c:\program files\worldcraft\qentitydefs-fdg\quake-defs-by-czg.fgd

When i click "edit" on this setting it pops up an untitled notepad window, and another dialogue box saying "notepad" - " ! cannot find the c:\program files\worldcraft\qentitydefs-fdg\quake-defs-by-czg.fgd file, do you want to create a new file?"

Texture format: wad3 (halflife / tfc) map type: halflife / tfc
      Default pointentity class : info_player_start
      Default solidentity class: func_door

all four of the last setting that i described had no other options in the drop down menu

Game exe dir: c:\quake
      Mod dir: "
      Game Dir: "
      RMF dir.: c:\program files\worldcraft\maps

Texture files
      c:\program files\worldcraft\textures\id_base.hlwad
      c:\program files\worldcraft\textures\rubicon.hlwad
      c:\program files\worldcraft\textures\soegypt.hlwad
      c:\program files\worldcraft\textures\skip.hlwad

i hope some of this is the right information you need to help me :S

Comment

Here is a valid .fgd you need to place in "c:\program files\worldcraft\qentitydefs-fdg\"

http://www.quaketerminus.com/hosted/...es/q/Quake.fgd

Try that get back to us.
        Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Did you install quake adapter after you installed worldcraft? If not, you need to.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigan View Post
            Did you install quake adapter after you installed worldcraft? If not, you need to.
            wow thanks guys for all the help, this solution worked for me.. it gave me all of the original quake entities.

"Here is a valid .fgd you need to place in "c:\program files\worldcraft\qentitydefs-fdg\"

http://www.quaketerminus.com/hosted/...es/q/Quake.fgd

Try that get back to us."

i downloaded this one too, is this one just the original entities or does it give me additional entities as well? because i was also kinda wondering if there is some sorta expansion pack that would give me additional weapons or monster skins that arent provided in the original version of quake?

Comment

oh ya i am having another problem with water.. all of the walls wobble around inside the water, and you can see gaps in the walls where there is two separate walls connecting to each other.. it looks really funky i don't like it!

Comment

@more entities

Entities are created in your QC and described in your FGD. This means that expanding your entities first requires programming their properties and behavior in qc, then you can describe it in an FGD to make it available to your map.

@the rest

Post an image. You may have a compile issue or you may have a geometry issue. A picture is necessary to know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                X