Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake from future???

Do this game reminds you anything?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxnwax7jzYs]Reflex Movement Overview - YouTube[/ame]
    Play Quake isnīt Rocket Science is Rocket Shooting!!!

portal with a gun?
    are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
    > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
    everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Reminds me of Cube 2: Sauerbraten or any one of its forks.

Comment

Electro is a developer on the project. He's an old quake llayer/programmer
        they are using a custom engine they developed themselves.
        here's his an ouncement at inside3d
        Inside3d Forums &bull; View topic - Reflex kickstarter!
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Ahh didn't notice it over there yet. That's great Electro has been doing some great work for years now.

Comment

says cancled
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Never was much for all those trick / gimmicks like bunnyhop etc. But Reflex has its own in game map editor, something that no other has.

Comment

Sucks they canceled it! I know they had a kickstarter going to fund it, but guess they didn't make their goal? From what I gather in a few comments here and there they might go the "early access" route?

I'm not a big trick guy, but Cube 2: Sauerbraten and the fork I mentioned above do have a in game single & multiplayer enabled map editor.

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                Never was much for all those trick / gimmicks like bunnyhop etc. But Reflex has its own in game map editor, something that no other has.
                Last edited by xaGe; 11-07-2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

The Kickstarter failed, the game is in very active development on Steam and in its own forum as far as I can tell:

Reflex on Steam
                  Invision Power Board
                  Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Good for them! Then what read was true. Nice.

Comment

i understand the physics appeal to the game

hell, i was mostlyhooked on quake1 via CTF airstrafing.

but to create a whole game around bunnyhopping-airstrafing ....

meh.

there needs to be a goal besides navigation thru physics to get somewhere...

honestly i dont like 99% of anything, but sometimes there is 1% that makes me eat my words....
                      but yet this game looks well coded just misses the mark for originality... i can just play Quake.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                      X