OMGosh it's Lust! Hey what's up buddy!?

Leave a comment:

• lust
    replied
    Put the Lust on your CA team and you will win everytime

Leave a comment:

• Boshthegreat
    replied
    hahah i thought id try to make more then 6 post. thought id try and make it worth wild.

Leave a comment:

• Phenom
    replied
    Originally posted by Boshthegreat View Post
    Skillet (ironic, isn't it Baker?)
    Haha! That's a joke right?

Skillet was only good when he let Frenzy play for him or when he used his bot.

I caught him 1v1 when he wasn't using his bot and wiped the floor with him. I also have recorded proof he botted.

If Skillet is in your top players then you might as well add surfergirl and 'player' to your list!

P.S

I never seriously claimed to be the best, but that was some people's perception of me.

AND THAT WASN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM!

___

1) CRMOD - Team Deathmatch -Omicron
    2) CRMOD - One on One Deathmatch - Pol
    3) CTF -Frenzy
    4) Clan Arena - Rampage/Cata/OBS
    5) Rocket Arena - Vis
    6) RuneQuake - Omicron
    7) Generally rocket jumping and grenade jumping - TV obviously... maybe I come close?
    8 ) Slide! N/A
    9) Single Player/Coop - not speed running ME!!!
    10) Single Player, speed running Whoever did QDQ.
    11) Creative Engine coding. Yes, it's a game. LH/Baker/Rook
    12) Conservative Engine coding. Yes it's a game. Baker
    13) QuakeC. Yes it's a game. John Carmack (BOOYAH!)
    14) Mapping. Yes it's a game. N/A
    15) Tool development. It's a game.N/A
    16) Web portal. Yes it's a game. Previously Quakeboard.net(Jackhole) now QuakeOne.com(Solecord)
    Last edited by Phenom; 01-24-2016, 06:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cataklysque
    replied
    you make me sad

Leave a comment:

• Boshthegreat
    replied
    Dubious was another TOP NOTCH PLAYER

Leave a comment:

• Boshthegreat
    replied
    sorry thib is Concept, his name slipped my brain for a second, also warmachine was another very good player.

Leave a comment:

• Boshthegreat
    replied
    this is from an OLD post years back about CA players being the top CA players this was posted by sting. i am copying and pasting it

The only credible list on here is Baker's.
    List 1 excluding myself (since I believe the only players CONSISTENTLY better than I under equal circumstances to be Bosh and Ramp)

Top 6, Historically Speaking:

Rampage/Tal
    Bosh
    Kwong
    Spoon
    Novice
    Chronage or BB tied I suppose.

Top 6 Currently:
    Spoon
    Me (Sting)
    Novice
    Chronage
    Frenzy
    Vis (major teamskills)

Any order you so desire.

In a rebuttal to any list including Phenom's:

Phenom has no team skills whatsoever first and foremost; he unilaterally isolates himself during attacks due to his strategies. With that in mind, his strategies involve aggressively rocket-jump bullrushing and shafting, easily counterattacked by any credible player who has patience and +back bound. Also, His shaft is nullified if his ping goes above 25, and generally remains in the 18%ile range whereas mine and other DOOM, IOV, and in10 cohorts average around the 23rd percentile. Playing in a "fun" manner and giving locations are not indicative of the "best".

In terms of my favorite and most clutch teammates, I'd have to go with:

Vis
    Chad
    Skillet (ironic, isn't it Baker?)
    Phocus
    Bogo-L33T
    Yorb
    West

Leave a comment:

• Boshthegreat
    replied
    Well after not signing in for like 10 years. because i forgot my password and quakeone.com wasnt sending it to my email. i finally took a lucky guess and got it.

As for this topic its pretty interesting and very debatable.
    for ctf... there a bunch of GREAT players. I got very lucky when I started to play quake. it was a few years before jurassic went down. i remeber Teamplay just went down maybe a few months after i started to play quake... i had started off playing at mtown and mostly pub, crctf whenever i could. id prefer to crctf because of the 3wave maps were just great. i got a good maybe 2-3 years of games with some good players. from old clans like xUx, bloodbrothers, GUN, HiFi, EQ, GI, DNA, ANTI, RuM, Red dragons, but this wasn't everyday stuff, players drifted and would come on less and less... but I enjoyed ctf so i still played people 1v1...and players would drop in and sometimes by the end of the night we would have had a few 4v4s....then sometimes CTF would die for months, even a year or 2 would go by barley any games, then i think it was around 2005 maybe. I remember there was a wave of people who started to play CTF again and because of the texas HDZ server being central west coast and east coast players could play with pretty much even ping's, which brought players to 1 server... there always was a east coast/west coast rival thing going on and usually kept to their own servers, but this was after quake already "died" so this server in texas helped bring both sides together to get games running. Anyways this wave gathered more and more momentum and i remember i was young at the time going on iRC going into Clan_gun and clan_BB looking for those old school players to come play again. alot of them I never even played, i only heard stories of them so i PM'd them... eventually a few old school guys came back and a snowball effect happen. and a SHITLOAD of players came back enough we even got a few more servers going. i rememer there was 2 servers running 4v4s back to back. and it trickled down into DM, if you missed both games... so that helped the DM community. SO a tournament took place we had a website designed, tons of players. i remeber a SHITLOAD came out the woodwork. guys from Quake 3, guys who just played MMORPGS.. real real old school players. guys like, wyatt, wolff, lestat-xux, thrain, chris gun, BT, CM, maximal, killboy, loop, Dr her0, Unspoken, riptor, blessed, shiva, knightmare, infiniti, spoon, rambo rum,
    quad rum, fixy gun, SA from EQ, and alot of good west coast players...BLudshed, toiletduck, Pulse, godl1ke the list goes on i cant even think of them all, it was a good 40 plus people though. RIght after this, when it started to slow down which took a while actually. but this is when I hit my prime. after playing with those great players for a solid year or so that it was. It slowed down alot after that, and the nex time ctf was active was around 2008. which still had some great players around then, Crackdog, godl1ke, vis, muller, PZ, dr thib(dave), there was a bunch very good players at the time... these are when I had my best games i can remember...

i dont want to sound like im bragging but I had games back then where i was getting around 90 kills a map, on CTF1 i remeber i hit 104, pretty even teams to. and still to this day and even back in the day i havent seen anyone do more then 90 iv seen people come close but iv never seen anyone hit more then 100. Im not going to say im the BEST ctf'er ever. but TOP THREE easily. BOSH RAMP MULLER AND CRACKDOG, and unspoken who i think is one of the greatest ever, crackdog got really good when i went on a hiatus, so did muller

so to get to the point,

BOSH,
    RAMP
    MULLER

BUT players who should be noted

WOLFF(very skilled one of my fav, another top 3 potential)
    D1ck (scott)
    badm00n
    UNspoken (very skilled, my personal fav to watch)
    Vis
    kwong
    Pulse(i thought he was top 3 for a while maybe still is)
    toiletduck (another skilled player)
    bludshed (all around good)
    killboy
    dr.her0
    hunk
    godl1ke
    Wyatt (very good)
    Loop (all around skilled)
    airwalk (heard he was beast i never seen him play)
    Ike( aka dave aka dr thib who was xUx)
    theres a

IT feels like im missing a few players...theres a from xUx and BB I am missing and maybe 1 more who was in hifi and some good players from montreal i cant remember their names

Even though im trying to look at this with the least amount of bias and ego. i will put my self top 3 atleast. let the people decide. if i can find my demos from 2008 somewhere, it wouldnt be a debate

i Will post about other mods when i got time to sit and think about this stuff. its like in the back of my head all these memories, cant just get them out that easily.

Leave a comment:

• Mindf!3ldzX
    replied
    in duels, fucking ParadokS was a monster.
    Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 01-23-2016, 12:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    The best standard Quaker I ever saw was BootLegger but a close second I have to hand it to Polorite

Leave a comment:

• Mitch_T
    replied
    I only ever played quake tdm clanring on quakeworld and NetQuake. But some players who stood out in QW tdm was sCary from r3v he was a sick team player and Hobbes and crazy of nB. NetQuake? Anyone from
    Clan Regulator

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    i think i qualify for the rq and ca category im still learning the rest of the mods, but as it was said, sadly they have not been very active lately. well laters

Leave a comment:

• R00k
    replied
    In the past decade, for CTF I'd have to say Visine-HDZ, second would be a close tie between muller, bosh, powerzord...etc

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    haha I know, but the way you started your post alarmed me (ending age etc..) so I guess I panicked and jumped to say it isn't so... or dont want it to be so ..... wait a minute hehe

Leave a comment:

Working...
X