Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baker
    replied
    Look Gem, your opinions are insightful. But the topic IS who are the greatest in the categories listed above.

These are the things we need to know. These are the things we MUST know.

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    it also received a ton of development, which few games enjoyed this benefit

Leave a comment:

• Gem
    replied
    the era doesn't have to end, all it takes is keeping the servers open and some promotion

lets not forget this is a historic game.. one of a kind, and a faded shadow of quakelive, in terms of popularity and its relation..... quake to quakelive for mp action

but it doesnt have to be, it's all about the popularity of it and maybe it will pick up more we all know here how much we love quake

i just saw around 5 new players on shmack..... awesome!

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    replied
    Ah shit, I forgot to include Rampage. Oh no! And he's reading this thread!

Leave a comment:

• bluntz
    replied
    Nice tribute Baker!

Leave a comment:

• Baker
    started a topic Best Quake Player Ever Per Game Type?

Best Quake Player Ever Per Game Type?

In my opinion Quake is sitting at sunset, a sunset that took a very long time but it's here. (One opinion, it may be wrong or even worse a set up (!), but that's a story for another day ...)

Will the sun rise tomorrow -- perhaps --- but let's enjoy and reflect on the very long day we have enjoyed thus far.

And before the end of this age comes and goes ...

Who is the best Quake (NetQuake) you have ever seen at each of the following games/pursuits:

1) CRMOD - Team Deathmatch
    2) CRMOD - One on One Deathmatch
    3) CTF
    4) Clan Arena
    5) Rocket Arena
    6) RuneQuake
    7) Generally rocket jumping and grenade jumping
    8 ) Slide!
    9) Single Player/Coop - not speed running
    10) Single Player, speed running
    11) Creative Engine coding. Yes, it's a game.
    12) Conservative Engine coding. Yes it's a game.
    13) QuakeC. Yes it's a game.
    14) Mapping. Yes it's a game.
    15) Tool development. It's a game.
    16) Web portal. Yes it's a game.

My list ...

1) Team DM - not my fav. Can't assess.
    2) 1 vs. 1 - not my thing. Can't assess.
    3) CTF - Bosh? I never could get into CTF.
    4) Clan Arena. --- It's fucking Omicron easily. I was on his team once in a 6 on 6, killed one dude and died. He slaughtered the other 5.
    5) Rocket Arena. --- It's Monster and it isn't even close. What a fuck face! I'm glad he doesn't hang around any more!
    6) Rune Quake. It's Slot Zero by a land slide.
    7) Rocket Jumping. Either TurtleVan, Phenom or Frenzy. Hard to say.
    8 ) Slide. It's fucking Mindzfield then Frenzy.
    9) Probably Turtlevan.
    10) A slightly ignorant vote for Joszef Slontai, the author of JoeQuake and holder of many SDA records, but I imagine the SDA guys would disagree the same way the guys in the NFL probably really know who is "the best".
    11) Engine coding: LordHavoc followed closely by Spike. MH and metlslime
    12) Conservative engine coding: MH. Then some Baker dude.
    13) QuakeC -- It's R00k by a landslide.
    14) Mapping. It's ijed followed by Necros, Tronyn and then Sock (and Sock is closing in hard on the World Championship. Honorable mention to distrans/scragbait for Travail.
    15) Tool development. Hmmm. Ben Jardrup followed by Tyrann and then ericw and MH (MH wasn't really trying). If map editors count, Sleepwalker fits in there somewhere obv.
    16) Web portal? Should Solecord win for QuakeOne.com or Spirit win for Quaddicted? QuakeOne.com gets more traffic than any Quake site by a mega landslide. But Spirit runs Quaddicted and manages to evolve it and I'm not sure he even knows HTML. Solecord knew HTML when he was born and mastered PHP by 2nd grade.
Working...
X