Dopa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tea Monster View Post
    I'm surprised that there isn't more about this on the front page. We just got a brand new episode from a major developer fergawdzake.
    Agreed! This is groundbreaking. I think I speak for a lot more people than just myself when I say this is more exciting than Quake Champions lol
    'Replacement Player Models' Project

Comment

Please I need help. How "dopa" play with darkplaces?

Comment

The simplest way (for me anyway) is to use Simple Quake Launcher.

Just download the file and put it in your Darkplaces folder.
        Download the DOPA zip file, unzip it and then put the folder into your Darkplaces folder.
        Run the SQLauncher program then choose your engine (Darkplaces).
        Then choose DOPA from the map drop down box.

If you've ever used something like ZDL for Doom it's just the same.

You can then use any other mapset out there just by putting the folder into your Darkplaces folder and choosing it in SQLauncher.

The latest version is 1.09:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplequakelauncher/

It's really simple to use - especially if you're new to using Quake maps and addons.

It deserves a better home and more love!
        I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post

Download the DOPA zip file, unzip it and then put the folder into your Darkplaces folder.

You can then use any other mapset out there just by putting the folder into your Darkplaces folder and choosing it in SQLauncher.

It's really simple to use - especially if you're new to using Quake maps and addons.

Does DOPA work with Quakespasm?

Comment

DOPA should work with any Quake engine. It was created to even work with Winquake.

On the Steam forums there are some people saying that if they use DarkPlaces, they get stuck in the floor when starting DOPA. Not sure what's up there. Otherwise it doesn't seem to care about what engine you use.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law View Post
              DOPA should work with any Quake engine. It was created to even work with Winquake.

On the Steam forums there are some people saying that if they use DarkPlaces, they get stuck in the floor when starting DOPA. Not sure what's up there. Otherwise it doesn't seem to care about what engine you use.
              Never had that problem with DP, but I did have that on FTEQW when I used the GOG Quake files. But when I used steam files it never happened.

Comment

Regarding "stuck in the floor": I have quite a number of Quake installations with all the various mods and such and this happened to me. The only thing I changed was I had an old version of the SMC(4.51 I think) in the id1 directory so I deleted it and it corrected that issue. May not be other peoples issue but it was mine.

hth's
                Name's damage_inc, and killing is my business. Don't worry though, it's nothing personal! Oh wait... maybe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Law View Post
                  On the Steam forums there are some people saying that if they use DarkPlaces, they get stuck in the floor when starting DOPA. Not sure what's up there.
                  Johnny Law,

Everybody who uses one of the "All-In-One compilations" is affected.
                  - Quake HD
                  - Quake Definitive
                  - Quake Epsilon

The reason is simple:
                  They all use a start.ent replacement file in their id1/maps folder.
                  That start.ent replacement file matches Quakes original start.bsp and adds some things into it like rain, snow, lava haze, additional ambient sound, etc. taken from SMC.

And the new DOPA episode also has a start.bsp file.
                  So, according to the replacement rules of Darkplaces, it uses the start.ent file it finds in the id1/maps folder.
                  And that is very the fun begins...
                  Player starts at wrong spawn point; teleporters are at wrong points, etc., etc.

The solution is also simple:
                  Either delete that start.ent file, or keep it and do this:
                  1. extract DOPA into a subfolder inside your Quake HD, called: dopa
                  2. start the DOPA episode with a shortcut: darkplaces.exe -game dopa
                  3. wait until the new demo appear then open your console
                  4. and type into it: sv_entpatch 0
                  5. hit return and start a new game. DOPA will now start correctly.
                  6. now type into console: sv_saveentfile
                  7. hit return

From now on everytime you start DOPA, it will use the correct DOPA start.ent file.
                  You only have to do this once. DOPA will work fine afterwards.

That is how it looks with SMC effects enabled:

Originally posted by damage_inc View Post
                  Regarding "stuck in the floor": I have quite a number of Quake installations with all the various mods and such and this happened to me. The only thing I changed was I had an old version of the SMC(4.51 I think) in the id1 directory so I deleted it and it corrected that issue. May not be other peoples issue but it was mine.

hth's
                  damage_inc,

the SMC is not causing the issue, it is the start.ent file that you manually put from the optional "custom particle+sound effects" folder into your maps/id1. Always be careful with replacements...

Have a nice time with DOPA.

Kind regards,
                  Seven

Comment

Thanks Seven... good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Hipnotic Rogue View Post

Really simple but very useful. Everything works . Thank you very much

Comment

^
                        You're most welcome. Glad to help. I use it all the time. Like you said, it's really simple but very useful.

Regarding DOPA, I've played through twice now and I'm still looking for secrets. It's really fun with some really nice use of textures and nice architecture. I'm kinda ignorant when it comes to mapping and the deeper magic involved but, to me, it feels like a nice balance between the original episodes and some modern twists.
                        I got the phone call at 4 a.m.

Comment

Originally posted by Duke View Post
                          Never had that problem with DP, but I did have that on FTEQW when I used the GOG Quake files. But when I used steam files it never happened.
                          what dp version are you using??
                          the invasion has begun! hide your children, grab the guns, and pack sandwiches.

syluxman2803

Comment

For those having missing textures issues with dopa, it's possible it may be reflecting and animated textures. I could be mistaken, but I think this is in the z_reflecting_overload pack found in the "definitive' HD replacement content list" thread.

Comment

Originally posted by nahuel View Post
                              what dp version are you using??
                              darkplacesenginewindows64only20110628.zip

It's a good version cause it doesn't have the RT Lights flickering bug

Comment

Originally posted by DeadTenor View Post
                                For those having missing textures issues with dopa, it's possible it may be reflecting and animated textures. I could be mistaken, but I think this is in the z_reflecting_overload pack found in the "definitive' HD replacement content list" thread.
                                When I first start the game for me not works water textures but help me this command.

r_texture_dds_load 1

Comment

Working...
                                X