Does anyone have this scrag skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have this scrag skin?

Last edited by Gwyn; 10-24-2016, 06:05 PM.

I'm using one just like that made by Ruohi. Yours seems to have more yellow eyes though, Ruohi's are red. Have you checked Talisa's definitive HD replacement content list?
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

I've just checked and Ruohi's is in Talisa's list, though it goes by its alternative name: wizard. In case you didn't know, demon=fiend, wizard=scrag, shalrath=vore and tarbaby=spawn. Have fun with HD Quake!

Comment

I was just talking with Talisa a few hours ago and she told me about this guy "she wouldn't name" who threw a fit and deleted all his stuff, so I guess it was him. It's no surprise you wouldn't find it, then. You still might get lucky with PMs. Perhaps you should ask Talisa directly about it. Good luck.

Comment

You're welcome. I wish I could've helped more. In the meantime, you can always use Ruohi's since it's "sorta close"...

Comment

it was a skin made by someone who left the forums after going on a rampage and deleted links to all of his creations

and i checked my HDD and i dont have a copy of the file,
            so sorry but im afraid you're out of luck
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn
              I'm incredibly picky about monster models. Right now I'm just using a few very faithful replacements.
              Here you are.
              You will not find any more faithful looking wizard skins !

I made a quick comparism screenshot for you.
              Left is original Quake. Right is the one that all faithful high-res-lovers should use.

Comment

That is the same skin except the colors of the skin in the original post in the thread were adjusted.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Pssst, dont tell anyone

Comment

I don't use eyes.mdl and I prefer 3D explosions, so I can't help you on these fronts, sorry. Make sure to check out the Authentic Model Improvement Compilation if you haven't yet, I think it'd be right up your alley.
                    Originally posted by Seven View Post
                    You will not find any more faithful looking wizard skins !
                    Is this Ruohi's too? It looks the same but brighter than mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwyn
                      Yes that is actually the one I'm using at the moment!
                      So which one is it, then? I'd like to use both this one and Ruohi's in my SMC.

Comment

Nope, the models look identical to me. Apparently Seanstar's only looks more hi-poly because of an extra normal map texture that adds details. I'm checking Ruohi's in-game as I speak and the model does look more hi-poly (and it has wiggling stumps and tail!). Since its texture looks like a recolored version of the one you're using, maybe you can try to apply your texture to this model and see how it looks? You may even benefit from Ruohi's gloss, luma, norm and reflect textures.

I ask again: what is this skin you're using that Seven mentioned?

Comment

Thanks! If you decide to try the method I mentioned in my previous post, let me know how it goes.

Comment

OK, so out of curiosity, I've just tried the method I talked about yesterday. Well, it does NOT work. Both textures may look similar when wrapped around the models but they're not, actually, and OgrO's texture on Ruohi's model looks buggy AF.

HOWEVER, I've also found out that Ruohi's scrag uploaded by Talisa is NOT the same as mine. Mine is a 6.70Mb archive called wizard-ruohis.pk3 while Talisa's is a 23.4Mb archive called wizard-ruohis+sean.pk3 (which is odd considering her policy regarding Seanstar's works, but whatever). Despite the file size, mine looks better. It's also much closer to the picture you published in your original post, only darker. I can't remember where I found it but apparently it wasn't in Talisa's list. I'll upload it and share the link here when I can (I'm typing this on my phone).

Comment

bfg666, is this file? the name and dimensions are the same so I think you are refering to this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/knga5cw1q1...ouhis.pk3?dl=0

In the credit list also Seanstar is present but name is different, I can't tell differences between this and 23 MB wizard-ruohis+sean.pk3. I don't even rememeber where I've found this, but I kept it in my dropbox because I don't want to lost it.
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X