DarkPlaces New Build 032016 e4m7 zombie bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces New Build 032016 e4m7 zombie bug

Hello guys! I have bug with new DP build on E4M7. The spawning zombies in the first room (with the water pools) don't fall like they are supposed to. They are stuck to the ceiling. Someone else have the same problem??

You know, before creating a thread out of the blue, it might first be a good idea to search the forums for a thread dedicated to your issue, like for instance this Darkplaces Error Reporting Thread. I'll cut you some slack since you're a rookie, but think about it next time. There's really no need to clutter the board with unnecessary threads.

That said, have you enabled the gameplay fixes that DP has disabled by default? In case you have no clue what I'm talking about, these are:
    sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid 1 (this is the one that should fix your issue)
    sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox 1
    sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag 1
    Put them in an autoexec.cfg text file in \id1 and you should be good to go.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by bfg666 View Post
      You know, before creating a thread out of the blue, it might first be a good idea to search the forums for a thread dedicated to your issue, like for instance this Darkplaces Error Reporting Thread. I'll cut you some slack since you're a rookie, but think about it next time. There's really no need to clutter the board with unnecessary threads.

That said, have you enabled the gameplay fixes that DP has disabled by default? In case you have no clue what I'm talking about, these are:
      sv_gameplayfix_droptofloorstartsolid 1 (this is the one that should fix your issue)
      sv_gameplayfix_setmodelrealbox 1
      sv_gameplayfix_upwardvelocityclearsongroundflag 1
      Put them in an autoexec.cfg text file in \id1 and you should be good to go.
      Hey bfg666! Sorry, i know for this CVARS, but they do not solved my problem,all also remains, zombie are stuck to the ceiling Maybe it's a another problem on this map?
      And now I have new problem with 2016 build DP: Friends, after a jump, can get stuck for 2-3 sec I think it's new build bugs... Sorry for my english, i'm Italian:/
      Last edited by FallenAngel; 11-04-2016, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Have you tried another build? LordHavoc is working on DP continuously, so it's entirely possible that your version is bugged. I see that the build you're using is 8 months old now, you should update.

Also, try browsing the thread I linked in my previous comment, maybe you'll find a solution to your problem in there.
        Last edited by Mugwump; 11-04-2016, 01:41 AM.
        ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
        ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngel View Post
          Hello guys! I have bug with new DP build on E4M7. The spawning zombies in the first room (with the water pools) don't fall like they are supposed to. They are stuck to the ceiling. Someone else have the same problem??
          Hello FallenAngel,

Thank you for your bug report.
          The root cause for this issue is simple math:

The ceiling _z position in this map area is: 188
          The bbox height for the zombie is: 64
          188 - 64 = 124
          But the zombies are spawned at z= 136
          So their bbox is stuck in the ceiling.

I reduced their spawn position to z= 120 so now everything is good and they fall into the pool as they should:

Please find the fix for this issue at the end of this post.

Originally posted by FallenAngel View Post
          Friends, after a jump, can get stuck for 2-3 sec I think it's new build bugs... Sorry for my english, i'm Italian:/
          My english is much worse. I am German.

This is not a bug. Darkplaces just follows the mods specifications.
          Original Quake has this setting for the fiend/demon jump:
          If the demon didnt touch anything in a certain amount of time, or touches something it does bottom and onground checks. If they fail, the demon will freeze for 3 seconds and will perform a popjump to free himself out of this situation.
          Please read demons qc functions: Demon_JumpTouch() and demon1_jumpxx() for more details.

By the way, the SMC has a workaround for this issue and the demon will no longer go into the freeze state. Just saying...

Best wishes,
          Seven

Attached Files

Comment

Hello Seven, glad to see you!
            Thanks for the solution of the problem with e4m7, my math is bad.) Very nice, that people like you are always ready to help/

Originally posted by Seven View Post
            By the way, the SMC has a workaround for this issue and the demon will no longer go into the freeze state. Just saying...
            You mean "set demonteleport", this option in SMC?

Comment

Working...
            X