Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"We're working on making this available!" - Nine Inch Nails website on Quake OST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "We're working on making this available!" - Nine Inch Nails website on Quake OST

I was looking to find info on how to get a vinyl of NIN's new EP Not the Actual Events (which is great btw) when I got lost in their discography. Under "Miscellaneous" they have the Quake OST, which was cool, I thought, until I saw this:

"SOUNDTRACK (AND ALL SOUND EFFECTS) DONE BY REZNOR AND NIN ACCOMPLICES. HAUNTING AMBIENT MUSIC THAT EVENTUALLY INFORMED GHOSTS AND REZNOR’S FILM WORK.

WE ARE WORKING ON MAKING THIS AVAILABLE!"

Discography - nine inch nails

What does that mean? A reissue or remaster of some kind? It slipped right by me the first time I saw it, but now I'm really interested. The way things are going on the site, with a bigger focus on vinyl, it feels to me at least that we could be getting a remaster release on vinyl, though anything is possible at this point.

...thoughts?
    Last edited by DeathMaster; 12-22-2016, 09:25 PM.

YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT...

The Quake soundtrack was contractually bound by NIN's former label (was it Nothing or Interscope? I can't remember) to only be released on a physical medium. This is why it was missing from the Steam/GoG releases. I guess "working on making this available" means trying to buy the rights back so they can distribute it themselves.

BTW, I wasn't aware of this new EP, thanks for the heads-up.
    ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
    ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

allow me to correct you on that bfg66:

the GOG version of quake DOES include the soundtrack.

only the steam version doesnt, the GOG version does include the soundtrack of quake and both mission-packs.

and the dosbox setup included with the GOG version of quake is set up to play the music using a virtual drive in dosbox
      Last edited by talisa; 12-23-2016, 01:35 PM.
      are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
      > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
      everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Yes, I've heard that it includes it now (notice that I used "was" and not "is") but it sure didn't seem to some time ago, as people on the forums recommended to get it from elsewhere. But I've also heard that it was pretty much hidden and required some manipulations to work, which raises the question of how legal this situation is.

Comment

afaik the GOG version of quake has always included the soundtrack
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Maybe, but it was apparently not a known fact on the forums I've read last spring. And like I said, the fact that the GoG people hid the music and are keeping quiet about actually having it in their release (which, if they advertised it, would be a solid marketing argument vs. the Steam version) makes me wonder about the legality of it.

Comment

Working...
            X