Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gooland?

Some dude on Shmack was trashtalking me and this was brought up:

I'm not even familiar with that server, not to mention I have no idea what the addy is or what mod it is. So I don't know where this dude gets his info from but it's obviously wrong.

It was an Artifact Quake server in the late 1990's, particularly known for permitting camping and running in team mode. It more or less had it's own community (http://quakefriends.8m.com/players.htm) at one time.

IEEE, Lefty, IHATEHUMANS, Fire LLA and Your Girlfriend originated from there (I think?) ... and you sometimes see one or 2 of the other players intermittently appear occasionally.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I don't think I ever played there though, unless that was the same server as quake.argon.org, which back in the day was really the only artifact server I ever played on, but even then, I was never banned from argon.

In fact, I've never been banned from any server from what I know.

Comment

I see Gunter's ravaging FVF_Talk has struck again!

Comment

Quad, from what I remember, it was a pretty nice server. It was my first time experiencing runes other than CTF. I was becoming a regular there. One name that comes to mind is someone called Tom Mclure or something like that. He was usually on top and it was he that I was after.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Troy McClure, he's listed on that Quake Friends website (the name comes from the Simpsons).

I wonder if anyone else originated from Argon like I did, or remembers the Headhunters server quake.petronet.net. Those were my two favorite servers back then.

Comment

Yes, there were lots of servers. There would be some playing HH for maybe a week, then you couldn't find anyone to play it again and the server eventually changed mods or shut down all together.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

I played both of those servers Quad. Under a different name.. and when I was there it was rocking.. Ping out the ass though at Petronet but it was fun anyway. When the ping was unbearable I would ride and distract. It was a joy to see someone with the string of heads make it to the alter. Was Petro west coast? I remember the family was involved with resturants in different locations? Argon was an easier playing field.
                www.Net-Tyme.com
                Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Not sure, I never really knew much about the servers. I know Argon changed names at one point.

Comment

I remember the old head collecting days, I really enjoyed playing there.....man it used to really get you going when you had a ton of heads heading to the alter hoping to make it!
                    EzJacK

Comment

Gooland was the bomb. I miss it.

-Brucerd

Comment

Originally posted by brucerd View Post
                        Gooland was the bomb. I miss it.

-Brucerd
                        Heheh, speaking of Gooland players

Welcome Brucerd :d
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

remember the old head collecting days, I really enjoyed playing there.....man it used to really get you going when you had a ton of heads heading to the alter hoping to make it!
                          doesnt yugo still run a headhunters on one of his ports?

Comment

lab.ihoc.net:26005
                            and
                            quake.xoc.net:26005

It's plain old unmodified Headhunter: no hooks or runes or respawn protection.
                            Both servers are on the west coast, so you easterners will probably lag.

Comment

Did anyone have a connection to Viper who ran the Petronet Mod? Or was anyone gifted with a copy? I want my hook !!!!
                              www.Net-Tyme.com
                              Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                              Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Working...
                              X