Top 6 CA Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 6 CA Players

Well, I'm bored, and wanted to know from those of you who CA, who you think the top 6 are. Maybe once this thread is done, we could get them to 3-3, after all the initial sort through of replies
    uakene.com

I'd put Phenom in the list because he plays CA in a fun way where he is always on the move. No camping and such. He also always gives his location and helps his team members.

Comment

Frenzy, JR, Vis
      vs.
      Excursion, Frozen Fingers, Turtlevan

I think this would be one giant cluster fuck of skill and frags.

I don't agree with everyone in that list. But its true
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Here is my Top 8 ...

Dave
        Javimars
        Tical
        Sting
        Vibe
        Frenzy
        West
        Nate

I didn't put it in any particular order and I am assuming none of those player are using an "aid" of some sort.

My least favorite player to "discover" early in a round is Dave (sheesh) followed closely by Javimars.

There are probably at least another 15 players of somewhat similar skill as ones I named.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I still dont understand the mechanics of CA
          Gimme a hook and a couple flags (who needs quad, runes etc.)
          THEN, I understand teamplay strategy !
          www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Top CA!

not a bad list there, honorable mention to Rampage and Shok before they disappeared , those guys ripped up the place and I guess got bored

Comment

Ramp was a better CTF player... ca just made him a punk
              www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The only credible list on here is Baker's.
                List 1 excluding myself (since I believe the only players CONSISTENTLY better than I under equal circumstances to be Bosh and Ramp)

Top 6, Historically Speaking:

Rampage/Tal
                Bosh
                Kwong
                Spoon
                Novice
                Chronage or BB tied I suppose.

Top 6 Currently:
                Spoon
                Me (Sting)
                Novice
                Chronage
                Frenzy
                Vis (major teamskills)

Any order you so desire.

In a rebuttal to any list including Phenom's:

Phenom has no team skills whatsoever first and foremost; he unilaterally isolates himself during attacks due to his strategies. With that in mind, his strategies involve aggressively rocket-jump bullrushing and shafting, easily counterattacked by any credible player who has patience and +back bound. Also, His shaft is nullified if his ping goes above 25, and generally remains in the 18%ile range whereas mine and other DOOM, IOV, and in10 cohorts average around the 23rd percentile. Playing in a "fun" manner and giving locations are not indicative of the "best".

In terms of my favorite and most clutch teammates, I'd have to go with:

Vis
                Chad
                Skillet (ironic, isn't it Baker?)
                Phocus
                Bogo-L33T
                Yorb
                West
                Last edited by Stung; 03-04-2007, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Why does it feel like Stung just made his post 60% about me? Anyway, thanks for the comment C*S I do consider myself a good player but I wouldn't include myself in the top 6 CA'ers even on my good days.

To point out why my LG EFF might not be "up to par" with DOOM, IOV, and in10 players is probly because I use shaft differently. My main choice for killing someone is the RL I use the shaft to simply get some distance between my enemy. and as far as bullrushing, I prefer that instead of the DM3 "corners" game that alot of people like to play, I've never been a camper in Quake and im not going to start just because someone thinks they have my strategy figured out.

Discribe how I don't have team skills btw if you would Stung. Because I dont have both my keyboards wired up like SurferGirl?

1 more thing Stung, nothin personal but I'm gettn real tired of people talkn about my 20 ping and my shaft aim. I don't ping down to impress. and I don't ping up to lag, I just play.
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                  Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

i guess the list of top ca players would depend on teamplay or 1v1.. cuz teamplay i wouldnt make the list, i admit that... but 1v1 i think im top 6 for sure..

Comment

I already know I wouldn't be up there since I play CA differently than everyone else. My strategy is still effective but at the same time I can't shaft worth crap and I know that's a requirement to be considered "the best".

But at the same time I don't play to be the best. I play to have fun, to occasionally suprise myself if I pull off some badass stunt, and to have Frenzy keep calling me "Mr. MVP"

Comment

Originally posted by QuadRaptor View Post
                        I already know I wouldn't be up there since I play CA differently than everyone else. My strategy is still effective but at the same time I can't shaft worth crap and I know that's a requirement to be considered "the best".
                        Yay you hide half the map at SNG then come out and clean up the peeps who lost health fighting everyone else

Comment

In the earlier versions of CAx, I was forced to hide and clean up because my feet were glued in the RA platform

Comment

Originally posted by Solecord View Post
                            Yay you hide half the map at SNG then come out and clean up the peeps who lost health fighting everyone else
                            Nah, you don't know my playing style. I may hide at the beginning of each round but that's so that I don't get an ass-full of LG and have a chance to support my team.

Comment

No one asked you about your playing style either quad. This is the top 6 thread where Frenzy hopes to have a 3v3 in the future

Comment

Working...
                              X