Wolfenstine Enemy Territory maps - ChaosEsqueAnthology - Darkplaces fork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolfenstine Enemy Territory maps - ChaosEsqueAnthology - Darkplaces fork

Source code, 32 bit and 64 bit linux binaries are on the iso. (anyone ever compiled DP or xonotic on windows?)
    Took 2 weeks to hack that into the engine, and another week for game code in QC to support the stuff ET maps have in.
    The Wolfenstine Enemy Territory settings are in the Misc tab in the settings.
    ChaosEsque automagically detects a Wolfenstine Enemy Territory map and, by default, applies "correct" player physics settings temporarily.
    You can also set it for all maps from that tab, and also switch out what mounted machineguns are used (little box there).

Also runs True Combat Elite maps.

The Xonotic and Darkplaces devs were not happy at this development. They thought to themselves
    "Girls NOT Brides"
    "TRANS RIGHTS"
    """F PUTIN!!!!""""
    "NOT-Z"

While we expressed opposite views such as
    'Im glad the men from Dagestan and Chechnya are following the rules of acquisition in their pursuit of young girls for brides; as is their tradition'
    'XX and XY'
    'Go Putin!'
    'Z' 'But for what they're really doing on the ground (see position 1)

configs20220604185149-00.jpg image_3609.gif image_3608.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 06-05-2022, 06:57 AM.

configs20220602110427-00.jpg configs20220530133946-00.jpg configs20220601101533-00.jpg

Comment

Poor joke or bad taste it's hard to tell...

Comment

Originally posted by xaGe View Post
        Poor joke or bad taste it's hard to tell...
        ChaosEsque Anthology's darkplaces fork can load Wolfenstine: Enemy territory maps. It is not a joke.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, looks like some damn fine engine work. Congrats! I've been working on a modified DarkPlaces and Enemy Territory is a curiosity of mine due to the map format is similarish to Q3 but with more features.

Vote +1

(Your team has a whole very sophisticated game too? Very impressive! I'm downloading this right now to check it out, the screenshots look great.)
          Last edited by Baker; 08-21-2023, 04:20 PM.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

On the ISO, there is the source in git_repos_both.zip (newest), and the binaries that can open the wolfenstine:enemy territory maps are the xonotic-aes-crypto ones (the newer ones from 2022). I wasn't able to get new mac binaries working perfectly because mac got more stringent in how to "properly" code C: so it's just the linux and win binaries that can do it. It compiles on mac, but one will have to make a C macro that bends the included openbsd secure copy routine to mac's specifications for newer macs. I'm not a mac guy and was just spit on by their community for not "knowing" so I gave up. So Linux and Win are what works.

There is also brand new linux binaries on the iso in /GITREPOS/ folder.
            That one can also open obj files as maps from minetest and bzflag (nope they don't work from bzflag with regular darkplaces: had to do some code hacking ) properly scale and ready to go out of the box
            (name them map.obj_from_mc or map.obj_from_bz depending on what they're from).

Recently added a 3rd cd showing off various obj style maps also

We'd like to somehow get the .t3d map format working some day. It's a text based format (like obj is), ... so if you know any other

BTW: Tried to send you a private msg but it says you exceeded your quota. Could you delete some so can?

Comment

BTW: Tried to send you a private msg but it says you exceeded your quota. Could you delete some so can?
              I can't. I have 1000 messages and the forum wants me to delete them 1 by 1 and it takes like 20 seconds to delete 1, haha.

The limit is 50.

You could msg me at moddb (Zircon engine).

I'm not familiar with unreal map format. It is cool you got obj to be a map format.
              Last edited by Baker; 08-24-2023, 05:49 AM.
              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                You could msg me at moddb (Zircon engine).

I'm not familiar with unreal map format. It is cool you got obj to be a map format.
                I got banned from moddb: they didn't like what I wrote on 4chan and someone sent the moddb mods a screenshot of my opinions: they then deleted my ChaosEsqueAnthology page there (the mod was a woman pretending to be a man, naturally).
                Screenshot 2023-08-28 at 15-54-00 Opps - Mod DB.png
                Last edited by ChaosEsqueEd; 08-28-2023, 01:55 PM.

Comment

I post here and moddb and sometimes Xonotic forums

I think the work to load ET maps is cool. Higher res lightmaps, dynamic lights interest me and ET has those over Q3 map format.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
                    I post here and moddb and sometimes Xonotic forums

I think the work to load ET maps is cool. Higher res lightmaps, dynamic lights interest me and ET has those over Q3 map format.
                    That circular wave deformation in your engine looks cool.
                    I'm banned from the Xonotic forums/IRC/newer-IRC-rippoff on sight by some guy called "Spike". So I can't communicate with you there either.

Comment

Diff zircon v 36 versus the previous one, it is easy modification

Comment

Working...
                      X