Ideas for another COOP mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    Too many people have historically used Quake with Windows 2000 for it to be the operating system itself, I would think.

ProQuake doesn't have any changes to the sound system over GLQuake.

At least this is my line of thinking.
    Originally posted by Stung View Post
    How about a guy who specializes in lgun? Mercenary or something. Almost none of them can use LG.
    That's right. Right now my idea (which can be persuaded which is why I'm letting my ideas out) is to make the berserker the only player who can use the quake LG. All the other classes use the LG as an ability and can not pick up the LG or cells.

Reason why I made the LG berserker only:
    1) berserker is the damage dealer
    2) LG is too powerful for a Scout or mage class to use
    3) I want the Leader to be a meatshield only. I would think if the LG was available for the meatshield, there would be no reason to play as the berserker as the leader would have lots of health and deal lots of damage. I want the leader and berserker to be opposites. Where the leader deals normal damage but can take a lot of hits while the berserker deals a lot of damage but can only take so much damage.

Again, that's just my opinion.

Originally posted by lust7afk4ever View Post
    ive also noticed that i only die like 4-5 times max on the "hard" rcoop maps
    Hear that rocketguy and lardarse? rcoop is too damn easy! (I'm kidding, those aimbot ogres and phasing knights are annoying as hell )

if your going through with this id recommend making monsters 4-5x stronger and have certian monsters have 2x damage like grunts and shit or make fiends have a electric field around them or something. make the mod harder.
    It might be an idea to increase monster health depending on how many players are connected. And it's also an idea to give shamblers 10k health where a party really has to act like a team to keep everyone alive. Increasing damage might have a negative impact on gameplay though. I think the best solution would be custom monster behaviour.

--

edit:

I'm thinking of giving the Leader an Aura that benefits all party members if there's a Leader in the party.

edit2:

adding on to my point which I forgot to add on to:

Increasing damage might have a negative impact on gameplay though....

because ogres already do around 100 damage and grunts can fire rapidly in nightmare mode.

edit3:

added Crusader Aura for the Leader
    Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-16-2007, 07:34 PM.

Comment

this sounds like a blast if you can complete it snipes. i've been frustrated with gunter because i've tried for so long to get him to add new maps but he won't. What i'd like most with this would be a mechanism for organically growing the collection of maps available, because i think coop really does need a continuously changing array of maps available. Something where users could upload a map they wanted to play, then new users could download it automatically, would be incredible. would this be possible?

Comment

or make it so for ever user that connects the monsters get 2x harder
        so if 4 people are playing shits 4 times harder

Comment

I don't get visible screen tearing in any engine on my desktop (CRT monitor) or my Vista laptop and never have vsync on. I cap the FPS around 250 if using ProQuake and with DarkPlaces I don't bother to cap the FPS. I think both Qrack and JoeQuake 0.15 have vsync off by default with 72 FPS and I do notice a little tearing, but nothing that bothers me much and usually set cl_maxfps to around 200.
          or make it so for ever user that connects the monsters get 2x harder
          so if 4 people are playing shits 4 times harder
          define "harder". you mean do more damage? more health? faster? all of the above? explain

edit:

quick change to the Adventurer's spell mana cost and added another description for them.

increased the duration of Fire Shield
          Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-16-2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

I agree with disabling the lgun for the others CS; i'd definitely play this too;

Lust means all of the above I think. Gets easy with 3-4 players. Creating a slope ratio for the difficulty would offset this.

Comment

snipes what do u think of my idea for "organically" growing the map base?

Comment

I always thought imitation was the highest form of flattery or whatever the expression is. I don't see what the problem really is.
                Originally posted by spooker View Post
                snipes what do u think of my idea for "organically" growing the map base?
                You want a file share where anyone can upload a map, have the mod recognize it exists, and have others automatically download it?

The auto downloading would work if it was hosted on a darkplaces server and the clients were darkplaces.

This would work if you used a custom file sharing web page to upload them, which would update a text file with the entire list of maps. Then have the mod read from that text file and generate voting aliases for each one.

But last I checked, Darkplaces doesn't support qccxx++ or whatever you call it. Darkplaces would also be needed to add the increased movement speed ability for the Scout.

So for the list of maps to greatly expand, you'd need to get access to the server and notify rocketguy/lardarse that rcoop needs more maps.

--

changes made to:

Berserker - made the berserker cooldown more clear
                Adventurer - changes made to mana regeneration and ablities
                priest - extended the duration of Shield to a minute

edit:

Made text changes for Leader and Berserker.
                Scout can now use both the AXE and hookshot(lvl10)
                Warlock's Curse of Agony spell now does the same amount of damage as Corruption but also decreases the monster's damage dealt by 10% for 20 seconds.

Also. A player might want to switch jobs during game play and not want to start over with 0 frags. I might put an item somewhere that allows you to change your job without any frag count penalties.

edit2:

fvf uses this format for leveling up:

Code:
                lvl1  0 frags
                lvl2  4 frags
                lvl3  8 frags
                lvl4  16 frags
                lvl5  32 frags
                lvl6  64 frags
                lvl7  128 frags
                lvl8  256 frags
                lvl9  512 frags
                lvl10 999 frags
                is rcoop similar?
                Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-18-2007, 01:44 AM.

Comment

I have located a copy of both the installer form and the pak2.pak form of the DeadZone files that I made.

I just need to determine which maps are BDA and which are DeadZone or maybe I just make a DeadZone + BDA installer and retire the existing BDA one.
                  Code:
                  	if (e.xp >= 1500)
                  		e.plevel = 10;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 800)
                  		e.plevel = 9;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 400)
                  		e.plevel = 8;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 200)
                  		e.plevel = 7;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 100)
                  		e.plevel = 6;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 50)
                  		e.plevel = 5;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 25)
                  		e.plevel = 4;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 12)
                  		e.plevel = 3;
                  	else if (e.xp >= 6)
                  		e.plevel = 2;
                  	else
                  		e.plevel = 1;
                  I didn't feel like de-geeking the code

Comment

thought of some attacks and shit for monsters to make coop harder
                    those blue stick things on the ground that when you kill them they explode.
                    the balls that the shamblers throw at you have them explode like those blue things and poison you. because if you straf left and right really quick while there aiming at you with the fire ball above there head, they will miss you. something me and sting learnt.i also liked it when shamblers tele'ed towards you in the other coop mod. make it so death knights cant get hurt by fire. since orges shoot rockets and gls all rl and gl attacks on them do half maybe? purple balls from spiders temporaly blind the screen red for 3 seconds. you can only hurt scrags with air shots from rl since they have wierd ass movements in the air. hehe. make zombies have eyes or invisible lols. maybe my suggestions would be to hard but if there is going to be 6 class's plus runes step it up make shit hard. beserker calss cant use str rune, same with medic cant use health rune and so forth.i notice lg is really neglected id say give medic lg, i dont think anyone wants to play a guy that cant do damage.

Comment

By shamblers throwing balls, you mean in rcoop right? What will poisoning do? By fireball above the head, do you mean Chthon? What mod has shamblers teleport infront of you? Do you mean Deathknights can't be harmed by the Warlock's fire spells? I could just increase the ogre's health rather than decrease damage taken. How would I blind the screen red exactly? I don't understand your scrag idea. Invisible zombies oh my . classes no runes as of yet. The Priest has 4 damaging attacks so no need for LG. More than one player can be a Berserker. The priest is healer, not a dps. You are correct about people wanting to play as some classes. That's why I'm posting in this thread. Submit your ideas and if they are reasonable, simple, useful, and fun then I'll add them in. Also, your post was very hard to read.

Comment

heh

i take it you never played rcoop?

like when you take damage the screen goes red. just extend it

the knights with the sword that are red and gray are already invisible on rcoop

i recommend playing some rcoop

Comment

you made a mistype then. I've played lots of rcoop but didn't understand what you meant by "shamblers tele'ed towards you". Those knights are annoying when they phase into you.

edit:

gave the Leader and Scout additional support abilities. Gave the shaman an increase of health per level.
                          Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 09-19-2007, 09:21 PM.

Comment

I feel really restricted in how I can explain my ideas on a forum thread. I mean, just look at the 2nd post. Confusing at a first glance. I'll continue my updates in HTML where I can use a nicer format to explain things. Here's the Classes and Leader page for now.

http://www.geocities.com/canadiansniper604/classes.htm
                            http://www.geocities.com/canadiansniper604/leader.htm

Yes I ripped off a lot of format and wording from the world of warcraft site.

#The following is just a reminder for me in the future
                            Scout can pick locks
                            Priest can Charm various enemies
                            Adventurer gets a +50 health boost at lvl 6. Lvl 6 also allows Red Armour
                            Mages do normal axe damage and only get the axe. Need to come up with another spell for warlock.

Comment

rcoop use to have shamblers so that they tele right infront of your face and attack you. so if it was far away within like 1 second it was in your face and you would panic and die

Comment

rcoop use to have shamblers so that they tele right infront of your face and attack you. so if it was far away within like 1 second it was in your face and you would panic and die
                                Uh... no it didn't...

Comment

Working...
                                X