No announcement yet.

Ideas for another COOP mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't played SuperCoop in a long time. Perhaps you're mistaking the shambler behavior in there?

Comment

Originally posted by RocketGuy View Post
      Uh... no it didn't...
      Yeah, it did momentarily just like the little mini knights tele and such now (at least on rquake:26003) But was changed right away

Comment

coop.runequake.com:26003

this is the F?UCKING< server im talking about

i hope you all die

Comment

Here's my impression:

weenies
          Rottweiler
          Grunt
          Enforcer
          Knight
          Rotfish
          Zombie
          Scrag
          Spawn

bigger weenies
          Death Knight - buffs nearby monsters
          Ogre
          Fiend - can turn invisible for a bit. Fiend can still attack, deal damage and take damage while invisible.

BIGGEST WEENIES
          Vore - The Mage (mean mean mean mean ranged attacks)
          Shambler - The Tank (lots lots lots of hit points. War Stomp ability that sends nearby players flying)

I don't really want to make the shambler a monster who does insane amounts of damage. I'll give that job to the Vore.

Comment

interesting

Comment

lust is doing a great job coming up with custom monster attack ideas. I'd like to hear any suggestions from anyone on this matter. Custom monster attacks are my last priority on any mod.

Comment

Maybe give zombies a "hunger" ability where they eat at your flesh and move 1.5x faster for 15 seconds if they get close enough depleting your health while refilling theirs? kind of like a health drain
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Ya I remember coming up with a freaky idea similar to that where a zombie would move at normal speed unless it was like 5 yards away from you. Then it would speed up scaring the shit out of you and... iunno, eat your brain?

Comment

Some goo challenges I found in Nehahra. The monsters (that shoot projectiles) aim like chthon (calculating your velocity to hit you if you didn't stop moving). They also would occasionally fire where you were last seen. As an example: if you just snuck around a corner and they sometimes fired at the corner, expecting you to pop back out.

Comment

That would make Chthon (or rcoop's Ogres) even deadlier You wouldn't know what to expect! Awesome

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/canadiansniper604/classes.htm

Scout class added

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post
                          Ya I remember coming up with a freaky idea similar to that where a zombie would move at normal speed unless it was like 5 yards away from you. Then it would speed up scaring the shit out of you and... iunno, eat your brain?
                          Zelda 64, except they leap on your back.

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper View Post

Sounds like someones trying to dodge a WoW monthly fee
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

make the heat seeking sit from spiders and scarg follow your exact foot steps instead of just heat seeking, so if you go around a corner it follows your exact steps and goes around corner with you

the zombie idea is pretty nifty, every time they hit you they hit 2x faster and heal them selfs. hehe so if they hit like 3 times in a row they become coke head death machines

Comment

zombies don't need to heal themselves since that's already implemented in vanilla quake. You can only kill a zombie if you deal damage equal or greater then their max hit points. I'm probably going to raise the zombie health to 120 or higher, which means you'd need a high damaging attack to take them out. That or just get a priest to own them with one hit.

Comment

Working...
                                X